Motherboard
Gigabyte P65 (Gigabyte Aero 15 gen1)-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ / HM175
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1060, 1920*1080
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi, I think the native power management of my cpu is working. However, the battery, which is 94Wh, still drains fast, approx 40% an hour...And I have already disabled by d-gpu
截屏2019-10-17上午8.55.40.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Chuwi AeroBook Plus
CPU
Intel i5 6287U
Graphics
HD550, 3840 x 2160
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I think the native power management of my cpu is working, but the CPU not going down from 1,2Ghz ( on the specs of cpu tell about 500mhz). For the boost it's ok 1.3Ghz. I don't know if i can modify anything to slow down and have less battery problem (the battery in about 2 hours it's off) when with windows I can use all the day.

I attach the consuete log.

Attachments

Motherboard
AsRock Z270M Extreme 4
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I haven't been able to get PM working fully, the CPU looks like is working above the base clock speed all the time, even at idle. It's a 8550u, KBL-R, I'm trying to make it work with the 15,2 spec, but even with 14,1 is behaving the same way.

Here is the debug file. Thanks!!

Attachments

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hi, I haven't been able to get PM working fully, the CPU looks like is working above the base clock speed all the time, even at idle. It's a 8550u, KBL-R, I'm trying to make it work with the 15,2 spec, but even with 14,1 is behaving the same way.
Isn't this thread about laptops? The iMac system definitions work differently. You will see one P-state that's low frequency, and a range of maybe 4 or 5 that are the fastest ones supported for the processor. When one regularly samples the "current" frequency, and graphs it, that will show very high frequency numbers. But the processor is still regularly going into the lower frequency state, and the power consumed will be much lower than full load power, at idle. That's just how Apple likes to do it on the iMacs, apparently.

Motherboard
AsRock Z270M Extreme 4
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Isn't this thread about laptops? The iMac system definitions work differently. You will see one P-state that's low frequency, and a range of maybe 4 or 5 that are the fastest ones supported for the processor. When one regularly samples the "current" frequency, and graphs it, that will show very high frequency numbers. But the processor is still regularly going into the lower frequency state, and the power consumed will be much lower than full load power, at idle. That's just how Apple likes to do it on the iMacs, apparently.
Hi!, Yes, this is a laptop: LG Gram (i7-8550U). My main system (HWP in the "iMac" 7700K-Z270m, is working fine thanks to several posters in this forum).

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hi!, Yes, this is a laptop: LG Gram (i7-8550U). My main system (HWP in the "iMac" 7700K-Z270m, is working fine thanks to several posters in this forum).
Oh, okay. Never mind.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there a new guide for Catalina? I also have issues with bad battery life while running MacOS on my Dell. Everything is working fine. The weird thing is that battery life worked great for one day. I am not sure what the difference was.

If you look at the screenshot, on Friday the battery lasted for close to 8 hours. But every other day it only lasted 4-5 hours.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After much troubleshooting, I learned battery life and power management are working correctly. I can get 7+hours of battery life with my laptop.

What is happening in my situation is that kernel_task consumes and spikes the CPU over 50% of the time. I dont know what is causing this. But after several reboots, it stops and I can good battery life. I just dont know what is kicking. kernel_task.

Solved. I replace FakeSMC with VirtualSMC and battery life is 8 hours, just like in Windows.

Last edited:
Motherboard
?
CPU
Intel Core i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
After much troubleshooting, I learned battery life and power management are working correctly. I can get 7+hours of battery life with my laptop.

What is happening in my situation is that kernel_task consumes and spikes the CPU over 50% of the time. I dont know what is causing this. But after several reboots, it stops and I can good battery life. I just dont know what is kicking. kernel_task.

Solved. I replace FakeSMC with VirtualSMC and battery life is 8 hours, just like in Windows.
How you do this?