Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

[GUIDE] Power Management for Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell/other Laptops

Please check if this smbios is good because i don't know what will the kernel read from this file..

View attachment 115201

If you created it with Chameleon Wizard, it should be fine.

with respect to multibeast Yes sure its yosemite edition even i downloaded many times to make sure after i got confused. check what i mean :

View attachment 115202

Your screen shot shows help for the AppleRTC patch, not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. You do not have the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement section open.

And this is a screen shot of the kernel panic : (same with or without DropSSDT=Yes)
View attachment 115203

Your panic shows definitively that you have not installed patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Your screen shot shows help for the AppleRTC patch, not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. You do not have the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement section open.

Your panic shows definitively that you have not installed patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
Yes this is what i applied AppleRTC patch ()Because its the only option under Drivers->System->AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

if this is not true please can you clarify more what should i install instead this one? and what kexts i should revert back to original (i have backup)before applying the patch again.

Thank You

Yes this is what i applied AppleRTC patch ()Because its the only option under Drivers->System->AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

No. They are separate options. Look carefully.

No. They are separate options. Look carefully.
yes you are right its another choice but still all of this patches shows 10.9 not 10.10,

MultBeast Yosemite.jpg

i applied this and went to the end of the power management patching now what i got is:
SMBios.plist, SSDT.aml exist and I'm able to boot without nullCPUPM

BUT,

on boot i get message : "Header Size 20c, incorrect age signature" then system boots
my USB mouse still working but same port will not recognise my flash memory or wireless USB

and dunno if power management is really working now or not

please advice because it ben 2 hours trying to make that power management work

Thank You

yes you are right its another choice but still all of this patches shows 10.9 not 10.10,

Yes, but it works. You can patch your own 10.10 kext if you want (google 'aicpm perl script el coniglio rehabman').

BUT,

on boot i get message : "Header Size 20c, incorrect age signature" then system boots

Disable hibernation:
Code:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

my USB mouse still working but same port will not recognise my flash memory or wireless USB

Separate issue. Likely a USB3 problem...

and dunno if power management is really working now or not

Test it.

Disable hibernation:
Code:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
Thanks This Worked, any fix for hibernate later ?

Separate issue. Likely a USB3 problem...

Yes it was I added GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it worked :)

How to test Power management if working?
im checking HW monitor and the CPU temperature is still between 55 C and 65 C (i believe its high)
and when i open HWmonitor it shows sensor alert

Thanks This Worked, any fix for hibernate later ?

Not with Chimera/Chameleon. Maybe with Clover, but I've never tried. I'm not a fan of hibernation (too much wear on SSD).

How to test Power management if working?
im checking HW monitor and the CPU temperature is still between 55 C and 65 C (i believe its high)
and when i open HWmonitor it shows sensor alert

Read post #1.

Not with Chimera/Chameleon. Maybe with Clover, but I've never tried. I'm not a fan of hibernation (too much wear on SSD).
Ok no need for hibernate

Read post #1.

Screen Shot 1436-02-03 at 12.04.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 1436-02-03 at 12.06.02 AM.png
this is what i got, i could't know what this means? if PM working or not ..

and i couldn't understand this:

Checklist

Here is a quick Ivy/Sandy/Haswell Power Management checklist.

- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed (except on Haswell)
- SSDT installed to /Extra/ssdt.aml for your CPU (easiest to use ProBook Installer)
- appropriate System Definition (smbios.plist) for your CPU
- DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No
- no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (usually implies patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) or Scope (_PR) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)

Ok no need for hibernate

View attachment 115360View attachment 115361
this is what i got, i could't know what this means? if PM working or not ..

Not working.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Not working.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Please find it below:

View attachment Adham’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

View attachment RehabMan.zip

~ eDey$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8245f000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

~ eDey$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
22 0 0xffffff7f8233d000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
29 0 0xffffff7f82338000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Back