Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

i reformat it again and i put the config.plist with a SMBIOS macbookair 6.2 in usb > clover.
then i patch the native cpu pm ssdt generated by piker.
now the code IOPPF is registered & there is no AGPM unknown platform.
it means its ok now right?

I can't say without ioreg, but it sounds like it.

rahabman
kindly help me
i had lenovo x220
yosemite installed
how to use wifi and make it boot without usb key using unibeast
thanks

Hi Mr. RehabMan,

I have been using your guide to make power management working on my yosemite installation on Lenovo G40-70 i7-4500U (clover bootloader).

for now the os fully working (i think) except wifi (which i removed and using usb tp-wl725n while wating for BCM94352Z to arrive)

my problem is that lid sleep is not working. i have working patch for backlight key which now working, but still unsure about the power management.

can you please check

i attached ioreg file and screnshoot of intel power gadget running

Attachments

• lenovoG40-70.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 6.52.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 6.52.04 PM.png
    467.1 KB · Views: 193
What, specifically, is not working?

Hi Mr. RehabMan

Thank you for responding, specifically the os is not sleeping/waking when closing the lid.

manual sleep using menu and pressing the power button for about 1-2 second is working. waking up using power button or any keypress is working.

been using ACPIPooler and ACPIDebug, but cannot find which EC register triggering the lid event.

also in my booting process i get this :

5/28/16 5:58:54.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "LID0._LID enter"
5/28/16 5:58:54.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID0._LID returning", 0x1, }

while the lid is open.

anyway i've been reading for couple of days about this problem, but maybe i just not find any that solved yet.
not sure if i should create thread about this, because i dont know if its related to power management or not, since i got backlight working.

for now i just wondering if my power management is working, because maybe if there is something wrong with it and that could be the key to solve the lid (just thinking )

i'm a bit of newbie about this, though my old laptop (ASUS k43e, i3 sandy-bridge) already running Yosemite with everything (sound, graphics, power management, wifi, lan, and sleep) working nicely for about 6 month. still saving to buy real mac (veeery expensive in indonesia )

Well, i'm blabering :).. sorry about that.

Hi Mr. RehabMan

Thank you for responding, specifically the os is not sleeping/waking when closing the lid.

manual sleep using menu and pressing the power button for about 1-2 second is working. waking up using power button or any keypress is working.

been using ACPIPooler and ACPIDebug, but cannot find which EC register triggering the lid event.

also in my booting process i get this :

while the lid is open.

anyway i've been reading for couple of days about this problem, but maybe i just not find any that solved yet.
not sure if i should create thread about this, because i dont know if its related to power management or not, since i got backlight working.

for now i just wondering if my power management is working, because maybe if there is something wrong with it and that could be the key to solve the lid (just thinking )

i'm a bit of newbie about this, though my old laptop (ASUS k43e, i3 sandy-bridge) already running Yosemite with everything (sound, graphics, power management, wifi, lan, and sleep) working nicely for about 6 month. still saving to buy real mac (veeery expensive in indonesia )

Well, i'm blabering :).. sorry about that.

Did you apply the "Remove _PRW from LID" patch?

Did you apply the "Remove _PRW from LID" patch?

Hi Mr. RehabMan,

Tried using patch and edit manually. Does not have any effect on lid closing or opening.

below is what i already try :
- ssdt generated using ssdtPRGen.sh
- patch disassembled DSDT with basic patch (from your guide)
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Add IMEI"
- patch "OS fix"
- patch G50-70 battery
- patch GFX0 to IGPU
- patch _PNLF
- patch "haswell brightness"
- patch debug ( adding related kext)
- patch lid poller ( adding related kext)
- patch brightness key (fn_f11 and fn_F12) this is manual patch after reading solution for HP ( i forgot the thread)
- patch _PRW (no effect, my current DSDT.aml is the one with all above and brightness key)

on each steps i compiled the current file,put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, rename as DSDT.aml and restart.
attached picture of almost all my effort, its weekend anyway :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.40.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.40.25 PM.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Back