Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So the new 2018 MacBook Pros are finally here, and they use the new 8th Gen CPUs & Graphics!

Installing the Updated OS
After Apple has released Supplemental Updates to macOS 10.13.6 for the new MacBook Pros, we can just use them to install the updated version of 10.13.6 with CFL support.
As the installers are only compatible with 10.13.6, you'll first need to update to the 'official' version through the Mac App Store.
After the update is complete, you can download the Supplemental Update 2 installer here:
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1974
You must use the new MacBookPro15,x SMBIOS to install this update. Using the -no_compat_check boot flag is necessary.
For better compatibility, use MacBookPro15,2. This model has IGPU only (Thanks @RehabMan ), therefore is our best choice for best graphics functionality (Just like we use MacBookPro13,1 or 14,1 with SKL/KBL)
After changing your SMBIOS, just run it and install to your system partition.
You can remove the -no_compat_check boot flag after the update is complete.

While Apple hasn't released a new macOS installer (current is build 17G65, while 17G2112 has support for new laptops), we can still get it directly from Apple's servers. macOS Recovery is using the same method to download macOS, so we can use it to get the latest available build.
When booting to Recovery partition with your current SMBIOS, it'll download official macOS 10.13.6 (17G65). To download the newer build, we should use one of the new MacBook Pros' SMBIOS options - MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2.
As MacBookPro15,2 has only IGPU, we are going to use this one (Thanks @RehabMan ), Just as we're using MacBookPro13,1 and MacBookPro14,1 on SKL/KBL.

Clover r4601+ has SMBIOS data for those 2 models.
You can get latest revision here, until the Clover team/RehabMan will release a new version:
https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

Clover Configurator was updated with MacBookPro15,x SMBIOS data. If you wish to keep that SMBIOS for post-installation, you can use it to generate data (S/N, SmUUID, ...)

After changing your SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2, you can boot to the Recovery partition on your machine and choose to install macOS on your existing partition (User data will stay as-is). As the official macOS 10.13.6 (or earlier) release does not support the new MacBooks, we should add the -no_compat_check boot flag to successfully boot.
Notice: This flag is only necessary for installation. You can remove it after you're running the new build.

Then just let it download the installation components and install as usual (Boot to "macOS install" until it's not available anymore, should be gone after a couple of boots).

Enabling native UHD Graphics support
Support for UHD Graphics is present in the new AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext :)

Supported PCI IDs:
0x3E9B8086 (UHD 630, Mobile), 0x3EA58086 (Iris Plus 655, Mobile), 0x3E928086 (UHD 630, Desktop)
Users with different IDs will need to set FakeID to one of those.

Clover r4609+ has updated PCI IDs and ig-platform-ids, and supports native CFL support on macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112)+.
You can just let Clover determine an ig-platform-id and a FakeID (If necessary) for your hardware, no need to set it in your config.plist.
https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/gma.c

You may also use Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext to fix graphics-related issues and inject necessary data. Make sure you remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Shiki.kext and any other kext suppressed by WhateverGreen.

Some more ig-platform-ids are supported in macOS Mojave beta 4 together with an additional PCI ID - 0x3E918086 (UHD 630, Desktop)

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 23.26.50.png

Last edited:
So the new 2018 MacBook Pros are finally here, and they use the new 8th Gen CPUs & Graphics!

While Apple hasn't released a new macOS installer (current is build 17G65, while 17G2112 has support for new laptops), we can still get it directly from Apple's servers. macOS Recovery is using the same method to download macOS, so we can use it to get the latest available build.
When booting to Recovery partition with your current SMBIOS, it'll download official macOS 10.13.6 (17G65). To download the newer build, we should use one of the new MacBook Pros' SMBIOS options - MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2.

Clover r4601+ has SMBIOS data for those 2 models, you can get latest revision here, until the Clover team/RehabMan will release a new version:
https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

After changing your SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,1/2, you can boot to the Recovery partition on your machine and choose to install macOS on your existing partition (User data will stay as-is). As the official macOS 10.13.6 (or earlier) release does not support the new MacBooks, we should add the -no_compat_check boot flag to successfully boot.

Then just let it download the installation components and install as usual (Boot to "macOS install" until it's not available anymore, should be gone after a couple of boots).

Support for UHD Graphics is present in the new AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext :)

Supported PCI IDs:
0x3E9B8086 (UHD 630, mobile), 0x3EA58086 (Iris Plus 655, mobile), 0x3E928086 (UHD 630, desktop)

* To be edited with some more information for enabling native support *

*Note: The new macOS 10.14 Mojave Dev beta 4 also has support for the new MacBooks, but discussion for non public beta software is not allowed. You may also want to wait until the official Mojave release anyway...

According to everymac.com:
Note that MacBookPro15,2 is single GPU (Intel IGPU only), where MacBookPro15,1 is dual GPU (Intel IGPU+AMD Radeon).

According to everymac.com:
Note that MacBookPro15,2 is single GPU (Intel IGPU only), where MacBookPro15,1 is dual GPU (Intel IGPU+AMD Radeon).
Thanks, edited the post :)
Do you have any more information? Maybe an ig-platform-id being used on one of them?

Thanks, edited the post :)
Do you have any more information? Maybe an ig-platform-id being used on one of them?

When we see an ioreg(s) from these machines, we'll know what AAPL,ig-platform-id is being used.

Simple tutorial, i am gonna to try this now ! :beachball:
EDIT: If, like me, you have internet connection on MacOS, but not in recovery, don't forget to put your kext in your Clover EFI kexts folder, and set KextLoad to Yes in config.plist!

I have successfully install the update and boot with correct Macbook Pro 2018 SMBIOS for my computer, now how to activate the graphics card (Intel UHD 620) ?

Last edited:
The Kaby Lake R doesn't need this Mac Os High Sierra 17G2112 build, you can inject the UHD 620 with the ig-platform 0x59160000 or the 0x591B0000, I also injected in Sierra with no problems... This guide works better for UHD 630 in the Core i7 8750H, 8850H and the Core i9 8950HK, because when you try to inject the KabyLake ids into the igpu of this processors, the most (maybe all) we have a black screen when it tries to boot into the desktop and there is no blacklight control at all...
Whats SMBIOS I need to enter ? Whats Intel GFX fake id ? I can stay in the 17G2112 or I need to downgrade ? I have install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixUp kext, I need to desinstall it ? Thanks you a lot man!

Last edited:
Simple tutorial, i am gonna to try this now ! :beachball:
EDIT: If, like me, you have internet connection on MacOS, but not in recovery, don't forget to put your kext in your Clover EFI kexts folder, and set KextLoad to Yes in config.plist!

I have successfully install the update and boot with correct Macbook Pro 2018 SMBIOS for my computer, now how to activate the graphics card (Intel UHD 620) ?
You need a to use a Coffee Lake ig-platform-id. Try the one suggested above.

Whats SMBIOS I need to enter ? Whats Intel GFX fake id ? I can stay in the 17G2112 or I need to downgrade ? I have install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixUp kext, I need to desinstall it ? Thanks you a lot man!
You may use MacBookPro15,2.
If you have a supported ID (they are listed in post #1) there’s no need to use FakeID, unless Clover will fake yours to a Kaby Lake ID.
You can try without those 2 kexts and see if it’s working. Share your results :)
There’s no need to downgrade. You can always use the same KBL spoofing you’ve used until now.

Last edited:
Hello,

I already tested the Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 Build 17G2112 to check if the UHD 630 iGPU of a Core i7 8750H in my Dell 7588would work better, with the other Mac OS Sierra Versions I had black screen. Well following the guide to install that mac os build version I used in ig-platform the value 0x3e9b0000 and fakeid 0x3e9b8086 with the MacBookPro15,2 smbios and.... well it worked, even right now I have brightness control with no problems. Right now the screen is working perfect. I already tested a second screen and it works perfect too... I had problem with the USB with that smbios, but I am using the MacBookPro14,1 and all the usb are injected and the other devices related with the USB Bus...

View attachment 341590
Make sure you have latest USBInjectAll.kext, that supports MacBookPro15,x.

The Kaby Lake R doesn't need this Mac Os High Sierra 17G2112 build, you can inject the UHD 620 with the ig-platform 0x59160000 or the 0x591B0000, I also injected in Sierra with no problems... This guide works better for UHD 630 in the Core i7 8750H, 8850H and the Core i9 8950HK, because when you try to inject the KabyLake ids into the igpu of this processors, the most (maybe all) we have a black screen when it tries to boot into the desktop and there is no blacklight control at all...
Well, he can always try and see if his UHD Graphics work better with the CFL kexts :)
This new build is required only to use the CFL kexts, he can use a fake KBL ID on both 10.13.6 builds.

So what are exactly the steps one needs to take in order to try it out?
  1. Install latest Clover 4606
  2. Change SMBIOS to 15,2
  3. Add the -no_compat_check boot flag
  4. Boot few times into Recovery and re-install
  5. Any kext removal necessary from Clover/kexts/Other and the system installation (S/L/E)?
  6. Any changes in Clover patches or SSDT required? Any obsolete then?
Thanks in advance!

Ok, i have delete they 2 kexts, empty my Intel GFX FakeID and set the ig-plateform-id to 0x591B0000, I restart and I say you!
EDIT: I restart and now, the Mac say "moniteur de 4mb" and not "Intel UHD 620 4mb" and again no graphical acceleration..
I gonna try reinstall. LiLu and IntelGraphicFixUp Kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back