Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Go to BIOS first, then search for Boot Priority Option. Click each of then and disable desired drive.

That just stops them booting.. I assume you want to disable them so when installing one OS it doesnt see the other drives and partitions and attempt to put files in their EFI partitions????

To do that you'd need to disable SATA controllers so the drives are not seen, not just remove them from the boot list

Hello, need help here. Windows can't be installed :(

By following this guide, I successfully installed macOS (Mojave) in my Hard drive. As mentioned, I also created some free space using Disk Utility.
Booted to Windows 10 Installation USB.

As mentioned, I got enough free space to install the Windows 10. I clicked 'install'.
On next screen, I got an error like,

'Windows can not be set up as Startup disk'.
(Something like this. Don't remember exactly).

I tried 2-3 times, but same.

I am using GPT partition scheme. For windows I used the same. (I also tried installing Windows using MBR method, but that requires the whole disk to be partitioned in that manner).

Thanks in advance...

Can anybody please help me with this error? (Attachment)
Related to me previous post.
I am booting UEFI, no any other drive, just Windows setup drive only.

IMG_20191103_161202.jpg

@Going Bald sir can you please help me with above posted issue?

@Going Bald sir can you please help me with above posted issue?
Have you read the installation info in the Laptop forum and also some of the Guides for installing on Lenovo laptops?
Have you created the Win10 installer in UEFI mode? Since you have a UEFI based laptop you will not be able to install Win10 legacy mode unless the UEFI BIOS has an option to enable CSM ( Compatibility Support Module for legacy boot mode)

Have you read the installation info in the Laptop forum and also some of the Guides for installing on Lenovo laptops?
Have you created the Win10 installer in UEFI mode? Since you have a UEFI based laptop you will not be able to install Win10 legacy mode unless the UEFI BIOS has an option to enable CSM ( Compatibility Support Module for legacy boot mode)

Yes, my laptop is UEFI. Also not trying to install Windows in legacy mode. Uefi only.

@Going Bald I am about to do this install on my new Hackintosh but if I do not want the Linux part can I just leave out:
We need to create some space for Ubuntu, so click on the Windows partition to select it, Click Action-> All actions->Shrink and cut the partition size as you want - I used about half the Win10 partition or about 1/3 of the drive:

and resume at:
Now, to make everything work right, shutdown Ubuntu, insert the OS X USB installer again and boot to OS X desktop. Mount the EFI partition and rename the Windows boot manager file:
or will I have to do something else?

@Going Bald I am about to do this install on my new Hackintosh but if I do not want the Linux part can I just leave out:

and resume at:

or will I have to do something else?
If you do not want Linux, just skip that section.

Back