Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

I had a success on my dual boot setup (Mojave + windows 10) but when ever I boot into windows, windows keeps creating bootmgfw.efi file for some reason is there any solution for this problem?

I had a success on my dual boot setup (Mojave + windows 10) but when ever I boot into windows, windows keeps creating bootmgfw.efi file for some reason is there any solution for this problem?
From Windows you can use the free trial of EasyUEFI to add Clover to the firmware boot menu. Renaming Windows boot files to fix the boot order is a waste of time.

Adding Ubuntu is a matter of shutting down Windows, removing the Win10 USB installer, inserting the Ubuntu installer and booting it. When you get to the Grub2 screen, select the first option to try Ubuntu and hit enter or let it time out and boot.
At the desktop check your access to the internet. Hopefully it works. Double click on Install Ubuntu icon on the desktop, select a language and, if your network is working and fast, click to select the update and install 3rd party drivers, click continue. Next screen, select Install Ubuntu alongside Windows Boot Manager. This ensures the Ubuntu boot files are added to the UEFI partition in an Ubuntu Folder, just like the Windows folder. Click Install Now.
View attachment 202438
Ubuntu installer will create your swap and Root for you - click Continue:
View attachment 202439
And install Ubuntu.

Hi man, is it possible to have more than one version of OSx....e.g. 10.9 and 10.12

Hi man, is it possible to have more than one version of OSx....e.g. 10.9 and 10.12
yes, but best to use the latest Clover because the later versions of Mac OS (10.14.x and later) may not boot or boot to black screen with the older versions of Clover. Best practice is to update Clover before running update on latest version Mac OS. You may also need to update whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext if you are running with an AMD GPU.

The key point on multibooting on the same disk was renaming bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi" in /EFI/Microsoft/boot. For example, bootmgfw-org.efi didn't work. bootmgfw-xxx.efi didn't work. Only bootmgfw-orig.efi worked.

(1) Install MacOS on partition 1. Install clover. Make MacOS boot/run normal.
(2) Format partition 2 to ExFAT.
(3) Run Windows 10 installer with USB stick.
(4) Format partition 2 to NTFS with the Windows 10 installer.
(5) Install Windows 10 on partition 2.
(6) Execute clover installer pkg again.
(7) Rename /EFI/Microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi to /EFI/Microsoft/boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi

That's it.

Hi, guys, I installed Mojave success by follow the Mojave installation guide. Now, I want to install Windows 10 on the same driver with Mojave installed on, so I follow this guide try to multi booting Mojave and Windows 10.

After install Windows 10, I had a critical problem that Clover can't boot, BOIS says "a bootable device has not been detected", But I can boot both Mojave and Windows 10 with the mojave USB installer .

Here is what i do:
  1. Make a free exFAT partition for Windows 10.
  2. Install Windows 10.
  3. Clover cant't boot at this time.
  4. Insert Mojave USB installer and boot to Mojave, mount the EFI partition, rename the Windows boot manager file.
  5. Clover still can't boot at this time.
btw, there are two boot options shows on Boot Menu:
  1. Windows Boot Manager
  2. UEFI: INTEL SSDPEKKW512GB: PART 2: OS Bootloader

How can I fix this problem? thanks.

Hi, guys, I installed Mojave success by follow the Mojave installation guide. Now, I want to install Windows 10 on the same driver with Mojave installed on, so I follow this guide try to multi booting Mojave and Windows 10.

After install Windows 10, I had a critical problem that Clover can't boot, BOIS says "a bootable device has not been detected", But I can boot both Mojave and Windows 10 with the mojave USB installer .

Here is what i do:
  1. Make a free exFAT partition for Windows 10.
  2. Install Windows 10.
  3. Clover cant't boot at this time.
  4. Insert Mojave USB installer and boot to Mojave, mount the EFI partition, rename the Windows boot manager file.
  5. Clover still can't boot at this time.
btw, there are two boot options shows on Boot Menu:
  1. Windows Boot Manager
  2. UEFI: INTEL SSDPEKKW512GB: PART 2: OS Bootloader
How can I fix this problem? thanks.

See my guide linked here: [Guide] How to keep Clover working when installing Windows and Linux

I have been searching for hours and can't seem to get a consistent answer. I have Mojave and Windows 10 dual booting fine.

Each system has it's own dedicated drive and I was wondering if it's better to have the Windows UEFI on the Clover EFI partition or keep it in its own EFI partition on the dedicated Windows SSD.

I have been searching for hours and can't seem to get a consistent answer. I have Mojave and Windows 10 dual booting fine.

Each system has it's own dedicated drive and I was wondering if it's better to have the Windows UEFI on the Clover EFI partition or keep it in its own EFI partition on the dedicated Windows SSD.
I would leave it on its own EFI partition if for no other reason than updates to Win10 will include updates to the boot files the update installer is expecting to find in the EFI partition. After each update you would have to move/copy the Win10 EFI files to the Clover EFI folder - not a good idea IMHO.

Back