Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

M

My bad, one was my macOS flash drive I'm so sorry about that.
View attachment 288348
Now in the image mentioned these are the contents seem much different from yours what do I need to put in here the changes I don't see a boot mgr file anywhere.
If this is EFI partition on Mac OS drive then you have not installed Clover to the drive yet. Install Clover.

If this is EFI partition on Mac OS drive then you have not installed Clover to the drive yet. Install Clover.
I want windows along-side macOS:
> I installed Sierra
> Installed Windows 10

Now if I install Clover will I be able to boot into windows?

I can not see bootmgr file to rename as you mentioned in the guide.

I want windows along-side macOS:
> I installed Sierra
> Installed Windows 10

Now if I install Clover will I be able to boot into windows?

I can not see bootmgr file to rename as you mentioned in the guide.
boot windows, click start, click run, type msinfo32.exe and hit enter. Post pic of resulting screen

boot windows, click start, click run, type msinfo32.exe and hit enter. Post pic of resulting screen
Screenshot (1).png

@Takasur

And there is the problem - BIOS Mode is Legacy.
To boot Legacy mode BIOS you need to install Clover Legacy Mode.

@Takasur

And there is the problem - BIOS Mode is Legacy.
To boot Legacy mode BIOS you need to install Clover Legacy Mode.

The 8300 does have UEFI. He has installed Sierra already for UEFI booting. The problem is that he installed Windows 10 legacy when it should have been UEFI. A common mistake.

The 8300 does have UEFI. He has installed Sierra already for UEFI booting. The problem is that he installed Windows 10 legacy when it should have been UEFI. A common mistake.
Yes, but if Win10 was already installed Legacy, and Mac OS is now installed, easiest solution is to install Clover Legacy mode.
Otherwise, re-install of Win10 UEFI mode is required.

I will re-create bootable stick from Rufus with GPT and UEFI settings then I just have to just re-install windows right? Not macOS!

I'm pretty sure disk is GPT.
Edit: disabled boot from legacy re-installing macOS, will keep y'all updated.

Attachments

• 1509179191164400104447.jpg
    1509179191164400104447.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
reboot to UEFI and set the OS X partition as first in boot order
My BIOS don't have that option to set partition as first boot option.

Last edited:
Back