Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Just a note - I had a similar issue - . "Could not go to the next installation step" When trying to install Windows on a dual booting ssd - the fix for me was to go into the BIOS and disable MBR protection.

Hi guys I have a 2 questions regarding multi-booting. I have macSierra set up on my hackintosh and I wish to also add Win10 onto the same SSD.

1. Is there anything I need to do (besides backing up my files) to add Win10 to my system? Or could i just follow the guide from the step where i partition my SSD for the Win10?

2. My USB installer runs El Capitan (i have updated the OS since). Will this pose any problems for me if I try to boot OS X using that USB installer. If it does, are there any steps I should take to overcome this?

Hi guys I have a 2 questions regarding multi-booting. I have macSierra set up on my hackintosh and I wish to also add Win10 onto the same SSD.

1. Is there anything I need to do (besides backing up my files) to add Win10 to my system? Or could i just follow the guide from the step where i partition my SSD for the Win10?

2. My USB installer runs El Capitan (i have updated the OS since). Will this pose any problems for me if I try to boot OS X using that USB installer. If it does, are there any steps I should take to overcome this?
1. Just follow the guide
2. So long as the USB is Clover boot and not Chimera it might work. Suggest you install the latest version Clover on the USB and test to make sure it boots OK.

Now, to make everything work right, shutdown Ubuntu, insert the OS X USB installer again and boot to OS X desktop. Mount the EFI partition and rename the Windows boot manager file:
View attachment 202441

Run MultiBeast to install Clover, networking and audio and reboot to UEFI and set the OS X partition as first in boot order:
View attachment 202443

Save&Exit and continue boot to Clover - select an OS to boot:
View attachment 202447 View attachment 202448 View attachment 202449

And that, my children is just how simple it is.
I didn't get this part quite clear, I installed macOS then Windows 10, Windows 10 booted up I unplugged and plugged macOS installation stick and am into macOS but there are two EFI partitions now, one is of Windows 10 labeled as current boot disk and other is of macOS none of my disks match your screen-shot on this stage some help?

I didn't get this part quite clear, I installed macOS then Windows 10, Windows 10 booted up I unplugged and plugged macOS installation stick and am into macOS but there are two EFI partitions now, one is of Windows 10 labeled as current boot disk and other is of macOS none of my disks match your screen-shot on this stage some help?
Same drive installation or separate drives? Your Mobo is Intel? What model?

Same drive installation or separate drives? Your Mobo is Intel? What model?
Mobo is HP 8300 Compaq Elite SFF
IMG_20171027_183330.jpg

Then show HP8300 Elite SFF in your profile.
There are several builds that use that machine - one of the Mods (PastryChef) has a testing platform built on it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hine-hp-elite-8300-sff-i7-3770-gt-630.199712/

And there is a guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lite-8000-8100-8200-8300-other-models.186726/
Those guides don't come with dualboot instructions, one guide exclusive for this motherboard referenced this guide.

@Takasur

Referring back to your earlier post - you say you have 2 efi partitions? Is this same drive or separate drive? If same drive this should not occur - only a single efi partition is needed.

M
@Takasur

Referring back to your earlier post - you say you have 2 efi partitions? Is this same drive or separate drive? If same drive this should not occur - only a single efi partition is needed.
My bad, one was my macOS flash drive I'm so sorry about that.
1509114791140114839777.jpg
Now in the image mentioned these are the contents seem much different from yours what do I need to put in here the changes I don't see a boot mgr file anywhere.

Back