Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Whats a good way to make a windows 7 or 10 bootable usb on mac ?
Try using UnetBootin + the Windows ISO downloaded from Microsoft or other legal site.
Otherwise, you can use BootCamp Assistant app in Applications->Utilities. Google for directions on how to use properly. Note that this methid may not give you a UEFI bootable version.

Here is a screen shot of where i am. Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 11.02.08 AM.png

Last edited:
At this point mount disk 1s1 EFI partition. Copy the EFI folder to desktop, eject disk 1, both disk and EFI - this is your installation USB and you are through with it for now.
Next mount disk 0s1 EFI partition. Install Clover to the OS X drive (disk 0).
Replace the EFI folder Clover just created in the disk 0 EFI partition with the one on your desktop.
Navigate to EFI->Clover->Kexts->10.11 or other folder where your kexts are and copy them to the desktop. Delete them from Clover.
Run KextBeast to install the kexts in Library/Extensions. Reboot.

At this point mount disk 1s1 EFI partition. Copy the EFI folder to desktop, eject disk 1, both disk and EFI - this is your installation USB and you are through with it for now.
Next mount disk 0s1 EFI partition. Install Clover to the OS X drive (disk 0).
Replace the EFI folder Clover just created in the disk 0 EFI partition with the one on your desktop.
Navigate to EFI->Clover->Kexts->10.11 or other folder where your kexts are and copy them to the desktop. Delete them from Clover.
Run KextBeast to install the kexts in Library/Extensions. Reboot.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Hi Guys sorry but I really don't know anything about Hackintosh... I have been reading these guides for days and I am still very confused :)

Can anyone help me understand the very first steps? I own a Dell Inspiron 2-1 7568 with i7 6500u (skylake)
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
with Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I replaced the HDD with an SSD SanDisk 960Gb.

Right now I have my laptop with windows 10 and I managed to have a .app el Capitan... I have a 3 or 4 different USB to use if needed...

I will try to create the bootable versions of the LINUX and OS X El Capitan
Can I do this step from windows 10?

After then should I delete everything and install as first OS X? ( how can the laptop manage my original license of windows at that point?
Sorry but I'm really going crazy :D

Hi Guys sorry but I really don't know anything about Hackintosh... I have been reading these guides for days and I am still very confused :)

Can anyone help me understand the very first steps? I own a Dell Inspiron 2-1 7568 with i7 6500u (skylake)
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
with Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I replaced the HDD with an SSD SanDisk 960Gb.

Right now I have my laptop with windows 10 and I managed to have a .app el Capitan... I have a 3 or 4 different USB to use if needed...

I will try to create the bootable versions of the LINUX and OS X El Capitan
Can I do this step from windows 10?

After then should I delete everything and install as first OS X? ( how can the laptop manage my original license of windows at that point?
Sorry but I'm really going crazy :D
You need to be posting in the laptop forum and following Rehabman's Laptop installation guide - this forum is for desktop support.

After then should I delete everything and install as first OS X?
This may already be obvious to you, but I always get nervous when someone talks about deleting a working system without also mentioning backing it up first.

Always backup anything and everything which you may destroy before you start experimenting. Since you say you have never tried this before chances are very good that you might end up unable to use your computer. :banghead: In that case you'll want to have a backup you can restore to get back to where you were when you started.

I believe there are a number of choices out there for backing up a windows system. One I like is the free version of Macrium Reflect. One nice thing about it is it allows you to create a bootable USB which you can then use to restore your backup.

But whatever works for you is fine. Just think ahead and save your data/system before you start deleting partitions and reformatting drives! :eek:

I have done a backup of everything I need :)
Thanks irrationalJohn!

Ok so I can try another question here... hopefully!
I made a desktop MSI gaming 7 with i7 4790k and r9 280x 16 gb ram and ssd samsung 840pro.

I'm preparing an USB boot for EL Capitan.

My goal will be to install Max os, windows 7, and Linux.

Is it possible? Does it is the same guide that i have to follow also if I want windows 7?
Please can you explain what is the difference between win7-win10 talking about partitioning or UEFI... sorry but i really need some help if anyone is so kind to help me contacting me I will be very happy :D
Thanks in advance!

Back