CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
Kepler GT730
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok so working Hackintosh, have been on 10.13.4 for about 2 years no with no problems. Working wifi, bluetooth, handoff, usb 3.0.

SNIP SNIP

At this point just wondering if the Windows EFI being on the Mac OSX boot drive makes any difference.

From what you have typed it seems you ignored the advice to disconnect the Mac drive when installing Windows? If so, thats probably your issue.... I followed that and with two SSDs had no issues with Windows messing with MacOS SSD.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
At this point just wondering if the Windows EFI being on the Mac OSX boot drive makes any difference.
It does not make any operational difference. OTOH, if you ever re-format the Mac OS drive for any reason, you will not be able to boot the Win10 drive. This is why we recommend having only the Win10-to-be drive connected when installing Win10 - the installer stomps on any drive installed in a higher priority port.
Launch the Win10 disk management tool and post a screenshot of the disk formatting.
Also, post a screenshot of Mac terminal command diskutil list

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix z370-e
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
From what you have typed it seems you ignored the advice to disconnect the Mac drive when installing Windows? If so, thats probably your issue.... I followed that and with two SSDs had no issues with Windows messing with MacOS SSD.
Yes. I realize that this may have caused issues. Thank you, potentially going to reinstall.

It does not make any operational difference. OTOH, if you ever re-format the Mac OS drive for any reason, you will not be able to boot the Win10 drive. This is why we recommend having only the Win10-to-be drive connected when installing Win10 - the installer stomps on any drive installed in a higher priority port.
Launch the Win10 disk management tool and post a screenshot of the disk formatting.
Also, post a screenshot of Mac terminal command diskutil list

Thanks for your responses Going Bald, and dedication to this thread. It's really appreciated!

On the OSX side, my OSX boot drive is disk0 which has both OSX EFI and Microsoft on it.

On the windows side, the windows SSD is disk 3. I created the EFI partition but it created it as partition 3.

Is the solution to just unplug everything besides windows SSD and reinstall Windows 10?

Re: certain USB devices not getting power issue (it's happening again), I read this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/ (realize it's for laptops) and related ones to try and see if anything had changed in clover/config.plist since I installed windows but I can't find anything different. Attached config.plist, let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 10.02.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 10.02.14 AM.png
    128 KB · Views: 18
  • DISKPART.jpg
    DISKPART.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SCREENGRAB.jpg
    SCREENGRAB.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
  • config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
open a command window in Win10 and type msinfo32, hit enter & post screenshot of result.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix z370-e
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to get USB up and running again. I followed a few of rehabman's guides and manually mapped the ports and turns out the 15 port limit was the issue. Weird because that never happened before windows install.

Here is msinfo32:

Attachments

• msinfo32.jpg
    msinfo32.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 24

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was able to get USB up and running again. I followed a few of rehabman's guides and manually mapped the ports and turns out the 15 port limit was the issue. Weird because that never happened before windows install.

Here is msinfo32:
Looking at everything I would have said you had a Legacy mode Windows install, but the msinfo32 says the BIOS mode is UEFI. However did you wind up with that backward partition formatting? Usually Win10 installer partitions it as WinRe Tools, Microsoft Reserved, EFI, System primary. Every Wi10 install I have done is this way. I have never seen one where the EFI is after the Win10 System primary partition unless someone added it after installing Windows. Without the EFI partition, your drive looks like a typical Legacy install.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix z370-e
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking at everything I would have said you had a Legacy mode Windows install, but the msinfo32 says the BIOS mode is UEFI. However did you wind up with that backward partition formatting? Usually Win10 installer partitions it as WinRe Tools, Microsoft Reserved, EFI, System primary. Every Wi10 install I have done is this way. I have never seen one where the EFI is after the Win10 System primary partition unless someone added it after installing Windows. Without the EFI partition, your drive looks like a typical Legacy install.

As I mentioned, I created the EFI partition on the windows drive after installing windows, as I thought I could mount it with clover and transfer the EFI from the osx drive over and then get rid of the Microsoft folder on there. I guess since the partition order matters, I'm unable to mount the windows EFI partition i created with clover. Honestly after fixing the USB issues I was facing, everything else seems to be working and stable; so I guess I'll leave things as is.