Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Whats a good way to make a windows 7 or 10 bootable usb on mac ?
Try using UnetBootin + the Windows ISO downloaded from Microsoft or other legal site.
Otherwise, you can use BootCamp Assistant app in Applications->Utilities. Google for directions on how to use properly. Note that this methid may not give you a UEFI bootable version.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is a screen shot of where i am. Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 11.02.08 AM.png

Last edited:

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
At this point mount disk 1s1 EFI partition. Copy the EFI folder to desktop, eject disk 1, both disk and EFI - this is your installation USB and you are through with it for now.
Next mount disk 0s1 EFI partition. Install Clover to the OS X drive (disk 0).
Replace the EFI folder Clover just created in the disk 0 EFI partition with the one on your desktop.
Navigate to EFI->Clover->Kexts->10.11 or other folder where your kexts are and copy them to the desktop. Delete them from Clover.
Run KextBeast to install the kexts in Library/Extensions. Reboot.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
At this point mount disk 1s1 EFI partition. Copy the EFI folder to desktop, eject disk 1, both disk and EFI - this is your installation USB and you are through with it for now.
Next mount disk 0s1 EFI partition. Install Clover to the OS X drive (disk 0).
Replace the EFI folder Clover just created in the disk 0 EFI partition with the one on your desktop.
Navigate to EFI->Clover->Kexts->10.11 or other folder where your kexts are and copy them to the desktop. Delete them from Clover.
Run KextBeast to install the kexts in Library/Extensions. Reboot.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710, Dual HDMI, 1080p
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Adding Ubuntu is a matter of shutting down Windows, removing the Win10 USB installer, inserting the Ubuntu installer and booting it. When you get to the Grub2 screen, select the first option to try Ubuntu and hit enter or let it time out and boot.
At the desktop check your access to the internet. Hopefully it works. Double click on Install Ubuntu icon on the desktop, select a language and, if your network is working and fast, click to select the update and install 3rd party drivers, click continue. Next screen, select Install Ubuntu alongside Windows Boot Manager. This ensures the Ubuntu boot files are added to the UEFI partition in an Ubuntu Folder, just like the Windows folder. Click Install Now.
View attachment 202438
Ubuntu installer will create your swap and Root for you - click Continue:
View attachment 202439
And install Ubuntu.

I am trying to dual boot Windows-10 and OS-X El Capitan on a single 500gb. Disk.
I created (2) 250gb. partitions. (1) for OS-X and (1) for Windows-10
I have both El Capitan with Clover bootlaoder and Windows-10 installed successfully.

My problem is that my computer automatically boots to Windows-10 upon startup.
I don't know how to make the OS-X partition the primary partition so that OS-X will boot first.
I want to Clover bootloader which is installed on the OS-X partition to come up first.
I tried to change the Startup disk to El Capitan in setting however that did not work.

Currently I have to use the USB install boot drive to gain access to Clover boot loader so I can select which OS to boot from.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to dual boot Windows-10 and OS-X El Capitan on a single 500gb. Disk.
I created (2) 250gb. partitions. (1) for OS-X and (1) for Windows-10
I have both El Capitan with Clover bootlaoder and Windows-10 installed successfully.

My problem is that my computer automatically boots to Windows-10 upon startup.
I don't know how to make the OS-X partition the primary partition so that OS-X will boot first.
I want to Clover bootloader which is installed on the OS-X partition to come up first.
I tried to change the Startup disk to El Capitan in setting however that did not work.

Currently I have to use the USB install boot drive to gain access to Clover boot loader so I can select which OS to boot from.
Did you rename the Win10 boot file?

Motherboard
Dell 7568
CPU
i7-6500
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys sorry but I really don't know anything about Hackintosh... I have been reading these guides for days and I am still very confused :)

Can anyone help me understand the very first steps? I own a Dell Inspiron 2-1 7568 with i7 6500u (skylake)
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
with Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I replaced the HDD with an SSD SanDisk 960Gb.

Right now I have my laptop with windows 10 and I managed to have a .app el Capitan... I have a 3 or 4 different USB to use if needed...

I will try to create the bootable versions of the LINUX and OS X El Capitan
Can I do this step from windows 10?

After then should I delete everything and install as first OS X? ( how can the laptop manage my original license of windows at that point?
Sorry but I'm really going crazy :D

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys sorry but I really don't know anything about Hackintosh... I have been reading these guides for days and I am still very confused :)

Can anyone help me understand the very first steps? I own a Dell Inspiron 2-1 7568 with i7 6500u (skylake)
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
with Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I replaced the HDD with an SSD SanDisk 960Gb.

Right now I have my laptop with windows 10 and I managed to have a .app el Capitan... I have a 3 or 4 different USB to use if needed...

I will try to create the bootable versions of the LINUX and OS X El Capitan
Can I do this step from windows 10?

After then should I delete everything and install as first OS X? ( how can the laptop manage my original license of windows at that point?
Sorry but I'm really going crazy :D
You need to be posting in the laptop forum and following Rehabman's Laptop installation guide - this forum is for desktop support.