Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

you can install Clover UEFI and run a conversion app on the Win10 drive to convert it from Legacy Mode to UEFI and it will boot
pretty sure I installed clover UEFI. Can't remember if windows was installed as Legacy. What sort of conversion apps are there?

Edit:
ok, because I was pretty sure I installed Clover UEFI, I decided to convert my windows install to UEFI (mbr2gpt /convert). All went well, I disconnected the mac drive just in case, booted a few times. All good.
Then plugged both drives (note, I have a 3rd one for data) but PC would boot directly to windows. Had to force to boot from P3: UEFI something to get into clover.
Changed boot order in BIOS. Now Clover gives me the option for Windows and Mac
Thanks!
How do I make it boot by default after "x" seconds into windows?

Last edited:
pretty sure I installed clover UEFI. Can't remember if windows was installed as Legacy. What sort of conversion apps are there?

Edit:
ok, because I was pretty sure I installed Clover UEFI, I decided to convert my windows install to UEFI (mbr2gpt /convert). All went well, I disconnected the mac drive just in case, booted a few times. All good.
Then plugged both drives (note, I have a 3rd one for data) but PC would boot directly to windows. Had to force to boot from P3: UEFI something to get into clover.
Changed boot order in BIOS. Now Clover gives me the option for Windows and Mac
Thanks!
How do I make it boot by default after "x" seconds into windows?
config.plist edit change default drive to Win10 drive, set delay for however many seconds you want:

Typical Clover config.plist boot section - change hi-lited items:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string></string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Win10</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>

To get the Win10 drive name open file explorer, right click the Win10 drive, select properties, type name in the box, hit apply, hit OK.

mmm
Got Clover Configurator and did these updates. But I can't see any countdown when booting. It goes into clover bootloader and waits for input. Before it was the same, it wouldn't boot to any OS unless I select it.

mmm
Got Clover Configurator and did these updates. But I can't see any countdown when booting. It goes into clover bootloader and waits for input. Before it was the same, it wouldn't boot to any OS unless I select it.
What is your timeout integer? You cannot use 0.

It was 3, changed it to 30, made no difference. I assume 0 means wait for input?
Do you really need 30 seconds to select an icon? Try 5 seconds.

Hi, I need help installing Windows in a separate drive. I read the first post but I haven't a full understanding.

I've installed Macos (Mojave) in one drive. Running succesfully.

Then, I built a bootable USB installer with windows 10 with dd terminal command. It works.

When I run the USB installer, a warning of missing media controller is shown.

Any help appreciated.
Hi man, I have the same issue, Did you resolve?
@Ortofon I've attached the image

Attachments

• 35c9e1f5-a7d8-418b-919c-68647dd7d5cf.jpeg
    35c9e1f5-a7d8-418b-919c-68647dd7d5cf.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 62
@Ortofon I've attached the image
Try using one of the USB ports next to the PS/2 port for KB and Mouse. These 2 are usually always active with drivers included in the firmware.

I had windows already installed in drive 1.
I unplugged and installed Mojave on drive 2.
then followed the suggestions fom @Going Bald to fix my boot partitions and clover.
Although, I can't still make it work to boot automatically into any OS. I need to manually select the OS on the clover menu to boot in.

I have read through a lot of pages and didn't really see the answer to this question.

Can I have 2 drives:
1. MacOS Catalina (already installed and working) with clover bootloader.
2. Windows 10

Just install Windows 10 by selecting the bios bootloader, select the win 10 usb, install to clean 2nd drive.

Then just use the bios bootloader to select the windows drive when I want it and not even use clover to boot windows?

Back