Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

Recently installed Win 10 onto a separate SSD and have been dual booting for last couple weeks w/o issues. Yesterday I think I may have messed up something in my config.plist as I was checking some settings in Clover Config.

Now only the Win boot options show in Clover. I've found posts online about adding HFSplus.efi but not clear how to do that from Win side. I can see the Mac drive in the BIOS settings and on the Windows side.

Is my only option to boot from a Mac USB to add or repair the system? Other options?

Thanks in advance for any help.
No, you can mount the EFI partition of the Mac drive, open the Clover config.plist with any plist editor that will run in Windows, edit the plist to fix it, save, reboot and try to boot Mac OS. plist Editor Pro works OK and there is a free trial period.

No, you can mount the EFI partition of the Mac drive, open the Clover config.plist with any plist editor that will run in Windows, edit the plist to fix it, save, reboot and try to boot Mac OS. plist Editor Pro works OK and there is a free trial period.
You mount the EFI partition in Windows? I'm not clear how to do that.

You mount the EFI partition in Windows? I'm not clear how to do that.
Therre are many guides on youtube showing how it is done. Basically, you use diskpart to assign a drive letter to the EFI partition so Windows Explorer can see it.

Alright - did all that. Now for the stupid question....how do I know what to fix when I don't know what I changed? Is there something I should look at specifically with this type of error?

Alright - did all that. Now for the stupid question....how do I know what to fix when I don't know what I changed? Is there something I should look at specifically with this type of error?
You did not backup the config.plist before you made changes? This is cardinal rule in any programming effort. If something works at all, but you want to refine it, back it up first so you have a copy to fall back on if your changes do not work the way you expect.

As for what to look for in the config.plist - anything that says Hide and is followed by an enabled yes or true.

I see, thanks for the help. so there's no way to create a Win10 USB without a Windows computer? I mean it's not too bad because i can have access to a Windows at work, but i'm just curious.

Also I've got another question: I want to install Win 10 on one of my nvme drive and OS X (already installed) on the other nvme drive. I would like that every time I boot my computer, clover shows up and allow me to either boot on Windows or boot on Mac OS. Is this possible?

I see, thanks for the help. so there's no way to create a Win10 USB without a Windows computer? I mean it's not too bad because i can have access to a Windows at work, but i'm just curious.

Also I've got another question: I want to install Win 10 on one of my nvme drive and OS X (already installed) on the other nvme drive. I would like that every time I boot my computer, clover shows up and allow me to either boot on Windows or boot on Mac OS. Is this possible?
You can try this method:

Yes, it is possible, but the Clover team stopped supporting Clover with 10.15.1 or .2 (I forget which), so you need to learn how to configure Open Core: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/
Since OC is a work in progress/Beta versions you will have to completely rebuild your EFI for every upgrade you do. No more just changing the config.plist or installing the next prebuilt version. You have to build it from scratch each time.

Back