Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I want to install win10 and sierra on separate drives. I was following your tutorial and stucked on installing multibeast stuff.
  1. First in disk utility erased both drives, which created efi partitions on each.
  2. On my gygabite motherboard changed "otherOS" to windows 8 so i could install win 10. I wouldnt let me otherwise.
  3. Disable csm and set back other os setting.
  4. unpluged win10 drive and installed sierra on other.
Now i dont know what went wrong, but on this machine I had win10 and sierra installed on one drive, and it worked. Here are few pics, hopefully it will give you idea of what went wrong.

Attachments

• 20180831_174718.jpg
    20180831_174718.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 20180830_215151.jpg
    20180830_215151.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 124
  • Studio_20180831_174607.jpg
    Studio_20180831_174607.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 115
JC I'm an idiot.

[SOLVED] Windows 10 UEFI install not booting in clover

Disabling the Intel Internal graphics in the BIOS when using a NVidia card allows the Windows 10 to boot from CLOVER.

:crazy::cry::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

@humble12 please take note.....

Seems like having the same issue. Will give this a go to see.

I'm having the issue where on First Boot - Clover shows up and am able to choose an option.
Booting to High Sierra is fine...
Booting to Windows 10 - get the circle and then blank screen.
On reboot - Clover doesn't even show up and it boots directly to Windows 10.
I'm no longer able to get clover loaded - I have to unplug the Windows 10 SSD, boot up to Mac > Shut Down > Plug Win10SSD Back in > then launch and it will show up Clover.

Am I missing to add something somewhere?
Followed this guide exactly.

Am I missing to add something somewhere?

Not necessarily. I've seen similar behavior. The issue was getting to a stable place with Clover boots for OSX first. Then make sure in the BIOS that the IGP is disabled. Then try the Windows 10 boot - but plugging in that drive. But this of course only applies if you have an independent graphics card. - you don't disable IGP if you don't have a graphics card.

I don't know what Windows is doing to boot sectors when it spins there and fails to boot, but it seems like it might mess with the Clover EFI partition.

Not necessarily. I've seen similar behavior. The issue was getting to a stable place with Clover boots for OSX first. Then make sure in the BIOS that the IGP is disabled. Then try the Windows 10 boot - but plugging in that drive. But this of course only applies if you have an independent graphics card. - you don't disable IGP if you don't have a graphics card.

I don't know what Windows is doing to boot sectors when it spins there and fails to boot, but it seems like it might mess with the Clover EFI partition.

Yep. Did what you suggested and worked.
Both drives plugged in and both boot perfectly when IGP disabled.

If I Restart / Shutdown from Windows > Clover still doesn't wanna boot. Just goes directly back into Windows OS.

Is there a fix for this?

Note: Can't seem to Disable CSM Support. I have to change Windows 8 Features to Windows 8 in order to Disable CSM Support and when reverting back to Other OS > options not there. When rebooting, it automatically changes back to CSM Enabled and on Other OS is has Legacy and UEFI Boot in Boot Mode Selection. Is this an issue that should be addressed? Both OS's seem to work fine regardless of this... Or could this be the reason why Clover fails to launch when rebooting from Windows 10. (manually having to unplug the windows 10 ssd in order to get clover to appear again).

Last edited:
Still no luck getting it to boot to clover after Win 10 has booted and Shutdown/Restarted.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated. :)

Still no luck getting it to boot to clover after Win 10 has booted and Shutdown/Restarted.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated. :)

You probably need to add Clover to your UEFI boot order. Disconnect the Windows drive if necessary and boot to Clover. Select the UEFI Shell and do as instructed here.

I ended up following this video on youtube;

It works but somewhere along the lines booting to clover became a lot slower then usual.
Not a big deal for me.... as long as system is working.

Back