Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I am soooo stuck. I’ve tried every combo I can think of. I’ve unplugged the internal data drives so SDSSD240 is disk 0, and I’ve tried with an empty EFI folder and with one copied from the Win11 install USB. Depending on how I’ve come at it, I either get the dreaded “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase” error right away, or right at the end after installing updates and as soon as it hits Finishing Up.

If I go with an empty EFI folder, then its not possible to set the bios to have the SDSSD240 anywhere in the boot order, and so not first.

Is there a guide on what bios settings I need? Maybe some bios setting I’ve got that works great with macOS is clobbering the Windoze install?

I am soooo stuck. I’ve tried every combo I can think of. I’ve unplugged the internal data drives so SDSSD240 is disk 0, and I’ve tried with an empty EFI folder and with one copied from the Win11 install USB. Depending on how I’ve come at it, I either get the dreaded “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase” error right away, or right at the end after installing updates and as soon as it hits Finishing Up.

If I go with an empty EFI folder, then its not possible to set the bios to have the SDSSD240 anywhere in the boot order, and so not first.

Is there a guide on what bios settings I need? Maybe some bios setting I’ve got that works great with macOS is clobbering the Windoze install?
Set the install USB as first in boot order until Windows has completed installing. For best help with installing Win11 try the Windows forums.

I have a dual boot setup with OpenCore and macOS Monterey and Windows 10. Is there a way to keep the windows 10 drive from showing on the MacOS desktop? I can eject it, but wondering if there is another way to keep it from showing up without doing that.

Back