1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for your reply.

Creating OC USB with MacOS is not the issue. It's more about the fact that this guide was written when SATA drives were the thing and you could easily unplug them; with NVMe it's not really an option. Then there is the bit around CSM (enabled to install W10 but disabled to install Mac) and finally what to do with the content in EFI folder created with disk utility on the Windows disk, leave it there?
With the new NVMe drives being (usually) under the PCIe cards if installed and hard to remove without disassembling everything I would just leave them in at all times. If you have 2 or more drives installed the procedure is to boot to UEFI/BIOS and set it up for Mac OS. Boot the Win10 install USB and at the screen where it asks you to select a drive, open an elevated command window (Shift+F10) and use diskpart to create an EFI partition, sized 300MB, format FAT32, on the first drive in the list, then create a second partition as a primary, NTFS format, and convert it to GPT. Exit diskpart, exit the command window, select your newly created partition, delete it to free space, click next/continue and allow theWin10 installer to do its work. When complete, do all your setup, update to latest of everything, install your malware apps (I just use MalwareBytes and the Windows Defender included in Win10), install any other third party apps you want and when you have everything set up te way you want it, shut down.

Then boot the Mac install USB and install Mac OS on the other drive. When complete, boot to UEFI/BIOS and set the Mac OS to first in BBS boot order.

Boot Win10 and make sure to delay the feature updates as long as possible and leave the updating on manual - do not set to auto-update. Also set it to notify you when updates are available. When you are ready to update, boot to UEFI/BIOS, set Win10 drive as first in BBS boot order, save&exit, continue boot. Update Windows, restart to complete updates. When done, shut down (do not restart).

Boot to UEFI/BIOS, reset Mac OS drive to first in BBS boot order, save&exit, continue boot. Finished until next Win10 update and then repeat.

If you do not like all of the bloatware in Win10, see the Youtube video by Chris Titus on de-bloating Win10.

Motherboard
ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't used diskpart for ages :mrgreen: To create the EFI and primary partitions assuming Windows disk is disk 0, I should enter the following commands in diskpart:

list disk
select disk 0
convert gpt
create partition efi size=300
create partition primary
list volume
select efi volume
format fs=fat32 quick
select primary volume
format fs=ntfs quick
Exit

Correct?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I haven't used diskpart for ages :mrgreen: To create the EFI and primary partitions assuming Windows disk is disk 0, I should enter the following commands in diskpart:

list disk
select disk 0
convert gpt
create partition efi size=300
create partition primary
list volume
select efi volume
format fs=fat32 quick
select primary volume
format fs=ntfs quick
Exit

Correct?
that should work

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A
CPU
Intel I7 8700k
Graphics
GTX MSI 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I had a hackintosh working for 3 or 4 years now, but since my GPU is an GTX 1080TI Nvidia and I can't update from High Sierra, I was thinking about a dual boot to use some new softwares on Windows.

After troubleshooting the "windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation"
I finnaly installed Windows on a separate SSD, and is working fine I guess, but after mounting the MacHD SSD back, the MacOS doesn't boot anymore, it stops after the Apple loads in and stay on a black screen with a loading circle and after a while is just freezes e nothing happens again.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I really don't want to reinstall the hackintosh, it was really painful the first time.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A
CPU
Intel I7 8700k
Graphics
GTX MSI 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Doesn't seem to be the same problem, my GPU was working fine this morning before the Windows installation

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Doesn't seem to be the same problem
It applies to anyone using a Nvidia Maxwell or Pascal (1080, 1070 etc) graphics card.
The certificate has expired for the Nvidia Web drivers and hasn't been renewed.
Without a signed certificate Apple won't allow the drivers to function as they used to.

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A
CPU
Intel I7 8700k
Graphics
GTX MSI 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
It applies to anyone using a Nvidia Maxwell or Pascal (1080, 1070 etc) graphics card.
I see...but do you think Windows installation messed with my gpu on my hackintosh?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I see...but do you think Windows installation messed with my gpu on my hackintosh?
Not at all, you had to shut down first to install Windows. When you rebooted or tried to reboot into HS the Apple servers checked for the signed certificate.

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A
CPU
Intel I7 8700k
Graphics
GTX MSI 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Not at all, you had to shut down first to install Windows. When you rebooted or tried to reboot into HS the Apple servers checked for the signed certificate.
So you're saying this problem would happen even if I didn't install Windows?
Because when I booted in the morning everything was working like it should.