Hi Going Bald,
I will soon build a new Hack with Big Sur and W10 on two Nvme's and just wanted to confirm I got everything right to achieve that. Windows will be 1st in the BBS Boot order.
- Format Windows disk with Mac OS' disk utility
- Install Windows on the second partition of the disk, leaving the EFI created by disk utility
- Make BIOS changes for Hack
- Install Mac OS
- Put OC on MacOS disk's EFI
- Select MacOS disk as boot disk in BIOS
Have I missed something?
About CSM: It should be enabled to install Windows but disabled for Hack. If the motherboard I chose comes with CSM disabled as default, should I enable it to instal Windows and then disable it or can I leave it disabled?
Is there anything to do with the EFI folder created with disk utility on the Windows disk once Windows is installed or should I leave it as is?
Obviously, I will not be able to remove the MacOS NVME when installing Windows 10 updates or vice versa, could this create issues?
Is there anything else to do with OC with Bootstrap? In OC installation guide it use to say for Bootstrap to make sure that Bootstrap efi was present and make the following modifications to the plist
- Misc -> Security -> BootProtect -> Bootstrap
- UEFI -> Quirks -> RequestBootVarRouting -> True
But this bit seems to have disappeared from the guide. Is it still relevant or are there other modifications needed to the config.plist now?
Thanks a lot!