Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I've seen it but didn't understood this thing.

Thx for the answer
Post 1 gives clear instructions for installing Mac OS and Windows on separate drives.

Post 1 gives clear instructions for installing Mac OS and Windows on separate drives.
Im sure it's like you say, and I won't be rude but, you can't give me a just simple answer like:

- hey yes it should work or hey no you have to reinstal windows again
- no it don't work with one drive in ntfs and one in osx journaled

I need just a yes or no.

I thought that these forums are made to help each other, in first place those people that don't know very much about these things. I'm one of these people and I need help, if you want help me ok , if no I hope someone else will be more comprehensive.

Thanks

It can work. You can install macOS to the new drive. If you are booting Windows MBR/legacy then you must install Clover bootloader to the macOS drive for either legacy or UEFI booting. If you are booting Windows UEFI then you can install Clover to either disk for UEFI booting.

It can work. You can install macOS to the new drive. If you are booting Windows MBR/legacy then you must install Clover bootloader to the macOS drive for either legacy or UEFI booting. If you are booting Windows UEFI then you can install Clover to either disk for UEFI booting.
Yes I boot windows in uefi mode. Thanks you very musch for the answer, I asked this questione even to be sure that the installations drives are not related to each other. I mean, the installation of osx don't affect the windows installation in some way. Or it does?

Yes I boot windows in uefi mode. Thanks you very musch for the answer, I asked this questione even to be sure that the installations drives are not related to each other. I mean, the installation of osx don't affect the windows installation in some way. Or it does?
No they don't affect each other, can't write to the others file systems by default. macOS might mount your NTFS volumes read-only.

No they don't affect each other, can't write to the others file systems by default. macOS might mount your NTFS volumes read-only.
Thanks
I have a problem, when I try to boot the installation from the usb drive, it says 'no bootable device available'. I'm trying to insatll it on my desktop alienware aurora r4, but I think this is not important. On the system I have attached only the bootable usb(usb 2.0) on a usb 2.0 port(but I tried even on the 3.0 one), and the target hd(seagate baracuda) on the sata slot.
I've tried with the uefi mode enabled and disabled, even in legacy mode. Tried also to enable and disable the secure boot mode.

What do you think, why it doesn't recognize my pendrive?

P.S.
I've disatached the windows drive, just to be sure and don't erase it accidentaly :D

Im sure it's like you say, and I won't be rude but, you can't give me a just simple answer like:

- hey yes it should work or hey no you have to reinstal windows again

I need just a yes or no.

I thought that these forums are made to help each other, in first place those people that don't know very much about these things. I'm one of these people and I need help, if you want help me ok , if no I hope someone else will be more comprehensive.

Thanks
If the guide is to be able to dual boot 2 different operating systems on separate drives and boot both from one boot loader does this not answer that question that YES!!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!

If the guide is to be able to dual boot 2 different operating systems on separate drives and boot both from one boot loader does this not answer that question that YES!!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!
Thanks man. :)

Thanks
I have a problem, when I try to boot the installation from the usb drive, it says 'no bootable device available'. I'm trying to insatll it on my desktop alienware aurora r4, but I think this is not important. On the system I have attached only the bootable usb(usb 2.0) on a usb 2.0 port(but I tried even on the 3.0 one), and the target hd(seagate baracuda) on the sata slot.
I've tried with the uefi mode enabled and disabled, even in legacy mode. Tried also to enable and disable the secure boot mode.

What do you think, why it doesn't recognize my pendrive?

P.S.
I've disatached the windows drive, just to be sure and don't erase it accidentaly :D
Probably because it isn't bootable. macOS installation media for UEFI booting is GPT with 2 partitions, the installer base system is on an HFS+ partition and Clover (that makes it bootable) is installed to a separate FAT/ESP/EFI partition. The path the firmware looks in for the executable is //EFI SYSTEM PARTITION//efi/boot/bootx64.efi. If you are already using the Unibeast/Clover installer is it possible you installed to the wrong EFI partition?

Back