Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] : MSI Z97-Gaming 7 | i5-5675C Broadwell | HD6200 | 8GB 2400MHz OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed all the steps but the PC is not able to boot from disk. It'll only boot from clover boot stick.
I've got an i5-567C + Gigabyte Z97X-SLI and the display is connected via HDMI.

Im using ig-platform-id 0x16120003. About this Mac shows "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 7 MB".
How can I solve this?

Thanks for the guide. Are you currently running this setup with High Sierra now, successfully?

I just built a very similar setup - the only difference is my motherboard is the GAMING 3 version and my RAM is 1866 MHz.

I can't update my system definition to iMac 16,2 without getting the kernel panic bootloop. I don't know how important that is, so I'm sticking to 14,2 for the time being (or permanently?). The problem is, the performance of the Intel 6200 chip is very slow - as far as I can tell the frequency doesn't rise above 300 MHz (according to Intel Power Gadget), which would explain the sub-par performance:

VX2UCJ5.png
RRjQQkD.png

Anyway, I'm hoping I can solve this GPU performance issue. I applied SSDT-i5-5675C.aml to my system already. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

What resolution are you able to run your new monitor at, with the 1.4a HDMI cable using the Intel Graphics? Could you upload a picture of System Preferences > Displays like this below. Thanks.

Hello Wildwillow!

Since I am running the i5-4460 Haswell on the ASUS H97-Plus I was looking for a CPU upgrade, and liked the 5775C CPU a lot because its a more modern silicon.

But I see there is quite some deal to make it run, esp. with the internal graphics.

I dont use the internal graphics at all, so I wanted to ask You, does ElCap 10.11.6 support the 5775C natively, or will there be some need for "mapping and tweaking" ? ;)

Will OSX use the Iris Pro for calculating even when there is no screen attached to it?

I generally don´t do overclocking, its all basic 32GB 1600-DDR3 for silent use, but with GeForce GTX 660 Ti GK104 PCI graphics.

Thank You for Your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back