Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] : MSI Z97-Gaming 7 | i5-5675C Broadwell | HD6200 | 8GB 2400MHz OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG it works! and IOReg is showing right port id... but HOW? :banghead:... I was comparing the plists in Beyond Compare and found few differences like HaltEnabler or disabled AsusAICPUPM and KernelPm... but the Intel framebufer patch seems the same

Here is plist I was using, can you please look at it and tell me what was wrong exactly?

Anyways thank you so much :headbang::headbang:

Attachments

• working_hdmi.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 210
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 346
OMG it works! and IOReg is showing right port id... but HOW? :banghead:... I was comparing the plists in Beyond Compare and found few differences like HaltEnabler or disabled AsusAICPUPM and KernelPm... but the Intel framebufer patch seems the same

Here is plist I was using, can you please look at it and tell me what was wrong exactly?

Anyways thank you so much :headbang::headbang:

Glad to hear its working for you. I've looked at your config.plist and it does contain those fixes, the only thing that does stand out is the layout but I can't find anything that should stop the patch other than it being corrupt. It can happen.

It would be good for you to put your Serial number in the config.plist that works and save it off your system, maybe your installer for safe keeping.

What resolution are you able to run your new monitor at, with the 1.4a HDMI cable using the Intel Graphics? Could you upload a picture of System Preferences > Displays like this below. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 17.07.11.png

Hello again, I have found the difference, the problem was in the name of the kext,in the post #126 is "AppleIntelBDWFramebuffer.kext" but the config you have sent have "AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" .. anyways it kinda works now. Sometimes screen goes black for a sec, especially after login I can get around several flickers... but after a while it is rather stable. Have tried different HDMI cables also... any ideas what could be wrong?

Here is the picture you have asked for
Snímek obrazovky 2016-04-26 v 19.03.35.png

Hello again, I have found the difference, the problem was in the name of the kext,in the post #126 is "AppleIntelBDWFramebuffer.kext" but the config you have sent have "AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" .. anyways it kinda works now. Sometimes screen goes black for a sec, especially after login I can get around several flickers... but after a while it is rather stable. Have tried different HDMI cables also... any ideas what could be wrong?

Here is the picture you have asked for
View attachment 186826
Apologies for the typo, It's corrected now. Could you edit the typo in your config.plist and see if the patch works. Thanks.

Great that you've enabled higher resolutions over HDMI. Thanks for posting the screen shot. What is the resolution set to when 'Default for Display' is highlighted?
I wish that I had a higher resolution monitor so I could help you troubleshoot but I haven't and to be completely honest I wouldn't know where to start, maybe play with the monitor settings, check out the monitors manual and possibly the best place would be in the Graphics Forum. Keep me informed of your progress and if I come across the same symptoms and a solution I'll post back here. Sorry I can't offer any further help, best of luck.

No need to be sorry, I have not noticed it too when I was looking into the kext with hex editor by myself... I have already used my config.plist with corrected kext name and it is OK :)

And yeah, the highlighted resolution is the one used by "Best for display", max res.

I will definitely post here an update if I solve some of my remaining issues... :thumbup:

Thank you so much wildwilow for your support!

No need to be sorry, I have not noticed it too when I was looking into the kext with hex editor by myself... I have already used my config.plist with corrected kext name and it is OK :)

And yeah, the highlighted resolution is the one used by "Best for display", max res.

I will definitely post here an update if I solve some of my remaining issues... :thumbup:

Thank you so much wildwilow for your support!
You're welcome adam.bogocz,
Happy to help. At least for now you are up and running with HD6200 and at the resolution supported by your monitor. I'm pleased for you.

hi wildwillow,

thank you, that kext patch

works like a charm. :thumbup:
Many thanks from Germany.

Hi fellow german with an i7 5775C! Is your hackintosh running fine with the i7 5775c? I just got a separate SSD and I might install Mac OS X on it. I was hoping that you could tell me about your experience with this CPU

Hi fellow german with an i7 5775C! Is your hackintosh running fine with the i7 5775c? I just got a separate SSD and I might install Mac OS X on it. I was hoping that you could tell me about your experience with this CPU

Hi xkons,

yes it is working like a charm, i have sold my separate Nvidia GTX960 already.
I had also upgraded to OS-X-Sierra by the clover like described here.
But with OS-X-Sierra it is additional work needed ( to change something again ) means Sound over HDMI was not working yet.
So i am still on El-Capitan.

BR Manfred

But with OS-X-Sierra it is additional work needed ( to change something again ) means Sound over HDMI was not working yet.
Hi manne07,
credit : toleda - cloverHDMI has been updated from 110.command to 120.command to support macOS Sierra here Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]. Mount your EFI partition and navigate to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Remove SSDT-1.aml.
Download cloverHDMI-120.command from the linked thread.
With your EFI partition mounted double click on the script, answer y/n questions. Save script output.
Restart to HDMI audio.

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 08.08.50.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back