Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] : MSI Z97-Gaming 7 | i5-5675C Broadwell | HD6200 | 8GB 2400MHz OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( unfortunately nothing changed .... I have looked here http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....tel-hd4200440046005000-and-iris-51005200-gpu/ and perhaps understood what the patch did... but then I noticed that it was DP2HDMI( I thought that the idea is to swap HDMI into DP), anyways I have tried to reverse it (swapped find with replace) and again no change...

Just to be correct, I am using default ssdt_hdmi-hd6000.aml ... is it possible that it is interfering with the ssdt or that I have other frame buffer ?

Just to be correct, I am using default ssdt_hdmi-hd6000.aml ... is it possible that it is interfering with the ssdt or that I have other frame buffer ?

First thing to do is remove any framebuffer edits in your config.plist even more so as you've reversed them. You are injecting a different Framebuffer using ssdt_hdmi-hd6000.aml. You do in fact have HD6200. The edits I have posted are relevant to 0x03001216 so they will have no affect at the moment.
Either download SSDT-1.aml from post#1 of this thread or SSDT-HDMI-HD6200.aml from toleda's repo that will inject the correct framebuffer. ssdt_hdmi-hd6200.zip

Replace the SSDT in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Restart your system, add the framebuffer edits(not reversed) from post#126 to your config.plist. Restart and check for your available resolutions.
If higher resolutions are not available then there is more work to do.

Thx for reply. Well I am not sure if I understand correctly... you are saying that I need to use your SSDT-1.aml or toleda's git repo ssdt-hdmi-hd6200.zip... but I am using toledo's ssdt and I don't have any frame buffer patches.... only audio and fix for garble boot logo.. AppleIntelFramebuffer patch is removed also, I have took it down as soon as it did not helped...

Or you were pointing me somewhere else?

EDIT: ou... I can see now, I have made a typo in my post where I written ssdt-hdmi-hd6000.aml, I meant ssdt-hdmi-hd6200.aml instead

Thx for reply. Well I am not sure if I understand correctly... you are saying that I need to use your SSDT-1.aml or toleda's git repo ssdt-hdmi-hd6200.zip... but I am using toledo's ssdt and I don't have any frame buffer patches.... only audio and fix for garble boot logo.. AppleIntelFramebuffer patch is removed also, I have took it down as soon as it did not helped...

Or you were pointing me somewhere else?
You posted that you were using hdmi-ssdt_hd6000 where you need to use hdmi-ssdt_hd6200. These are both toleda's ssdt's but they are different and to edit the framebuffer you need to inject the correct one.

EDIT: ou... I can see now, I have made a typo in my post where I written ssdt-hdmi-hd6000.aml, I meant ssdt-hdmi-hd6200.aml instead
Use the framebuffer edit that I posted to correct your connector from DP to HDMI. Then you are going to have to do some reading. I've not got higher resolution monitors over 1920x1080 so from here on in you'll have post in the graphics forum. Take a look here to start your journey. I'd be interested in your results.
Intel HD 4600 4K 3840*2160 with Seiki 39" 4K display
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...lock-limit-4k-over-hdmi-overclocking.1651886/

so, I have tried lot of stuff, made the OS boot looping etc... finally I have maybe noticed something, after I apply the patch, I can still see in IOReg that port 0x5 has connector type of <00 04 00 00>...instead of <00 08 00 00>... or this is not changed after patch does its job during boot?

maybe the patter does not mach exactly my PC... is that possible?

so, I have tried lot of stuff, made the OS boot looping etc... finally I have maybe noticed something, after I apply the patch, I can still see in IOReg that port 0x5 has connector type of <00 04 00 00>...instead of <00 08 00 00>... or this is not changed after patch does its job during boot?

maybe the patter does not mach exactly my PC... is that possible?
The IOReg you posted was with your monitor connected to the HDMI port which showed in IOReg as
Port 0x5. The patch I was posted was for Port 0x5 to change the connector type from DP to HDMI.
With the patch in place could you post your IOReg.

yes sir, here it is
Thanks you sir, the patch didn't work. Could you back up your config.plist and try this one attached. Reply with new IOReg.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 348
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back