Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI PS63 Modern using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Taiwan. So I ordered from Hong Kong and it costs around 80USD. I will try after I receive it.
Currently what is your BIOS version? E16S1IMS.106 ??

Incredible, the value of this card has increased dramatically. 4 years ago I bought it for € 25 (~30USD)

it's really a shame if it doesn't work, if I get my laptop back I'll definitely try it and I'll keep you updated

FYI on my MSI GS65 8SE, I also have CNVi setting as Auto Detect but my DW1560 works fine on Windows 10 and on the latest macOS Catalina.

I have installed the last BIOS update and windows don't recognize the DW1560 or the DW1820. Its not HW problem.
Hi, I have newly installed Mojave in PS63. I am still experiencing graphics problem (no acceleration). If possible, can you please share your working Clover folder and other necessary kexts?

@bhaskarJB You have a great guide at the #1 post. We expend a lot of time to find how to make it allmost perfect Make a hackintosh it’s not for lazy and DOY it’s the best way to learn.
Please, take your time to read it and be greatfull that you have a guide so well explaned.

I continue trying to make the DW1560 work. I'll never quit.

Another issue that I have is that at system startup, my brightness level has not been saved. I’ve installed well my emulated NVRAM.
I found a fix for this, but I am not emulating my ram. Instead, I use this https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks instead of OsxAptioDriverFix.efi and replace it with FwRuntimeService.efi and OCQuirks.efi, but I don't think you have to do this, and then Make sure you also have SMCLightSensor.kext.

EDIT: I noticed in your EFI file you used FakeSMC.kext. You will have to replace all the FakeSMC kexts with the VirtualSMC and all of it's plugins if you plan on trying to fix the brightness issue. You also must have the SSDT-ASL0.aml, which you currently have, and remove the backlight level from clover.plist.

Last edited:
I found a fix for this, but I am not emulating my ram. Instead, I use this https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks instead of OsxAptioDriverFix.efi and replace it with FwRuntimeService.efi and OCQuirks.efi, but I don't think you have to do this, and then Make sure you also have SMCLightSensor.kext.

EDIT: I noticed in your EFI file you used FakeSMC.kext. You will have to replace all the FakeSMC kexts with the VirtualSMC and all of it's plugins if you plan on trying to fix the brightness issue. You also must have the SSDT-ASL0.aml, which you currently have, and remove the backlight level from clover.plist.

Attention, the attached folder is USB Clover, for the first boot. I'm using VirtualSMC instead Fake

Hey i am considering hackintoshing my ps63, I was just wondering about battery life. How many hours of battery do you guys get on average? Also do you consider your ps63 usable for like going to classes?

@kr6k3n
yes, it lasts a little less than windows (since you have energy savings on windows)
I think 5-10% less
in class you have to be careful for wifi, the DW1560 card is not guaranteed to work, I have not tried it personally as I no longer have the pc, but for university wifi can not works because USB dongles do not accept the installation of certificates for wifi (eduroam)

@kr6k3n
yes, it lasts a little less than windows (since you have energy savings on windows)
I think 5-10% less
in class you have to be careful for wifi, the DW1560 card is not guaranteed to work, I have not tried it personally as I no longer have the pc, but for university wifi can not works because USB dongles do not accept the installation of certificates for wifi (eduroam)

I installed w/ success on my ps63 but i am unable to get brightness working, any idea? As well I am unable to fix audio, neither make trackpad work.

I have installed drivers in L/E for audio and made the modifications to config.plist. For the trackpad i am stuck at getting the ACPI ID for my trackpad as i don't own a copy of windows : ( .

I installed w/ success on my ps63 but i am unable to get brightness working, any idea? As well I am unable to fix audio, neither make trackpad work.

I have installed drivers in L/E for audio and made the modifications to config.plist. For the trackpad i am stuck at getting the ACPI ID for my trackpad as i don't own a copy of windows : ( .
anyways i tried using your acpi id for the trackpad and it worked ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back