Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI PS63 Modern using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed w/ success on my ps63 but i am unable to get brightness working, any idea? As well I am unable to fix audio, neither make trackpad work.

I have installed drivers in L/E for audio and made the modifications to config.plist. For the trackpad i am stuck at getting the ACPI ID for my trackpad as i don't own a copy of windows : ( .
I am still stuck at audio and brightness : (

I am still stuck at audio and brightness : (

have you followed the first post?
upload your efi folder here
also, have you seen in settings if you have brightness bar?

have you followed the first post?
upload your efi folder here
also, have you seen in settings if you have brightness bar?
Yes i have.
I don't have any brightness bar. here is my EFI folder and my L/E folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Extensions.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
Yes i have.
I don't have any brightness bar. here is my EFI folder and my L/E folder
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

you may need SSDT-PNLF.aml

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

you may need SSDT-PNLF.aml
I have tried that but it didn't work: the screen was flickering like 15 seconds without anything then it turned back on for less than a second

Update
I have succeeded in installing audio, the issue was that modifying the device id in clover configurator didn't work i did it manually with the help of this guide chapter 5

Thank you for the awesome guide @Ginus96, I just have 1 problem.

I installed macOS Mojave (10.14.6) on a 120GB partition in the APFS (Case-sensitive, Encrypted) format, however, I have no idea how I actually boot to it. Whenever I power on my pc and boot into Clover it just gives me one option and that is to boot into the macOS installation USB again.

How do I make the installed version show up in Clover?

Thank you for the awesome guide @Ginus96, I just have 1 problem.

I installed macOS Mojave (10.14.6) on a 120GB partition in the APFS (Case-sensitive, Encrypted) format, however, I have no idea how I actually boot to it. Whenever I power on my pc and boot into Clover it just gives me one option and that is to boot into the macOS installation USB again.

How do I make the installed version show up in Clover?
try doing: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) instead

Worked like a charm, thank you!
well done!

also your hardware profile needs updating

Motherboard.. "Don't know" ... you don't know the make and model of your laptop? you should also list your intel graphics under graphics section as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back