Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI Meg Z490 Unify Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
upd. I'm just switch from hdmi to display port and it's working :)

Got everything working, including WiFI and LAN. To make LAN working as @Zacharybinx34 explained
  • Go to System Settings, Network, Advanced, Hardware and change configuration to Manual. Then set speed to 1000basteT, Duplex: Full-duplex, MTU: Standard (1500) for my case.
  • For WiFi to make it work i had to set IP manually because when it was trying to set it automatically it was saying that the IP is already assigned(this is builtin motherboard WiFi).

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z490 Unify
CPU: Core i9 10900K
GPU: Zotac GT 710
RAM: T-FORCE Delta TUF 32GB
3 M.2 SSDs drives (512Gb, 512Gb, 256Gb, Chinese brand Kingchuxing)

Opencore: 0.6.7

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 275
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.20.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.20.52 PM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 175
Got everything working, including WiFI and LAN. To make LAN working as @Zacharybinx34 explained
  • Go to System Settings, Network, Advanced, Hardware and change configuration to Manual. Then set speed to 1000basteT, Duplex: Full-duplex, MTU: Standard (1500) for my case.
  • For WiFi to make it work i had to set IP manually because when it was trying to set it automatically it was saying that the IP is already assigned(this is builtin motherboard WiFi).

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z490 Unify
CPU: Core i9 10900K
GPU: Zotac GT 710
RAM: T-FORCE Delta TUF 32GB
3 M.2 SSDs drives (512Gb, 512Gb, 256Gb, Chinese brand Kingchuxing)

Opencore: 0.6.7
Do you mind to share your last EFI with up to date opencore if you still have this motherboard, thx :)

Ok, thanks, i just got a 10th gen CPU, it arrives this WE, i'll post later my result+EFI for other users if i don't fail :)

Ok, thanks, i just got a 10th gen CPU, it arrives this WE, i'll post later my result+EFI for other users if i don't fail :)

Note that the latest EFI code there is using BigSur 11.6.1.

Note that the latest EFI code there is using BigSur 11.6.1.
Nicely say ! I think i'm going direct to Monterey, so i'll open a new thread if all is going well

Nicely say ! I think i'm going direct to Monterey, so i'll open a new thread if all is going well

I've tried Monterey with my EFI.
It has an issue with random freeze after 10-15 minutes of usage.
Can't shut down properly too.
I can't find a fix yet, so I revert back to BigSur.
Must be ACPI or CPU power management.
But that's me on 11th Gen intel though.
If you have success, do report back.

Sure, i'll, don't worry ;)
---
1 month later, i'd time to build and test relatively deep this motherboard and i think it's a very good board, i dont use the wifi/bt but a Fenvy card and i think everything work fine. // on monterey .. i know it's a big sur topic :)

MSI Meg Z490 Unify
i7 10700k
G.Skill DDR4 2x 8Go // F4-3800C14D-16GTZN
Sapphire pulse RX 580 8G
Fenvy T919

I'm on an iMac20,1 so i lost DRM support for netflix on safari but got ATV and Prime via their app.

1. Shutdown, sleep, auto sleep work well
  2. Speedstep is Ok for cpu/gpu
  3. With the fenvy, handoff/continuity/unlock with apple watch, work
  4. All USB work
  5. Lan is ok
  6. Audio layout ID 11 work, except for the front case in/out, i have to try another layout

And all of this with just some few patch. // i work with this hack, it's like 12h/day ON since a month, so it's a solid one.

I join my working EFI, dont forget to CHANGE SMBIOS VALUE ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
hi guys I have an i9 10850k and I have to buy a motherboard, do you recommend this one, or do I buy something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back