1559405889824.png

My hardware:
  • I7-8750h
  • Intel HD 630 & Nvidia GeForce GT 1060
  • 16G RAM (16GBX1)
  • 1x 256GB w Windows boot
  • 1x 500GB WD SN750 w Mac OS Mojave boot
  • KILLER E2500
  • Killer(R) Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW)
What Works
  • Battery Support
  • Intel HD 630
  • Sound
  • Headphone
  • Brightness & volume Keys
  • Keyboard
  • Keyboard back-light works but no option to change the rgb. must do it in windows.
  • Track-pad with some gestures
  • Webcam
  • WiFi and Bluetooth (MUST CHANGE WIFI CARD FOR IT TO WORK)
  • Ethernet
  • iCloud Services
  • USB 3.0 & TYPE-C
  • Sleep & Wake (only power button could wakeup system)
What Doesn't Work
  • GTX 1070
  • Some gestures
  • WIFI and Bluetooth (if you don't change WIFI card)
I have not done a complete check about what works and what doesn't.

Issues i have seen yet haven't fixed:
so far I've noticed two issues,
firstly at times i have noticed the windows track pad gestures stop working but the gestures in mac continues to work.
secondly at times when laptop is put to sleep then woken up sound doesn't work.

Guide:
Now onto the good stuff! Before i start would like to thank Rehabman for his guides and vladichimescu for his config.
This guide will consist of the complete installation, including creating a Mac OS installation usb with clover.

Creating the installation usb:
THIS WILL NEED TO BE DONE ON A MAC.
You will need of course a 8GB usb stick and mac OS Mojave image

First you need to know your USB disk identifier, to do this we will use Terminal.
Code:
diskutil list

Once you found your disk identifier. we need to create the correct partitions.
Code:
# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
Note: my one was at disk 1, however yours might be different please change that to the correct one. if you format the incorrect one, you can lose data without a mechanism for recovery if you repartition the wrong disk.

Now that we have changed the partition and the correct boot sector. we can now install clover onto the usb
Firstly download clover installer, run it.
then on the installer package we need to set the target location, this will be 'clover EFI'.
Next select customize.
check install for uefi booting only.
check drivers64UEFI.
now install it onto the usb.
okay now copy the clover files from my git-hub to your clover setting, merge the files with your current one.

Now that we have created the partitions and installed clover onto the usb. we now move onto installing the installer onto the usb so we can boot the installer and install the OS onto the hard drive.

we will use createinstallmedia to do so.

Createinstallmedia:
This is a simple command we will use. before we do this line of code in terminal make sure you have downloaded Mojave.
Code:
# copy installer image
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

Okay we are ready to move to changing the BIOS config.
only couple things to change.
  • disable "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o)
  • disable fast boot
  • disable secure boot
  • change the boot mode to uefi with csm.
We now can boot to the USB.

turn off the laptop then when you click the power button, press F4 (i think it was) to chose the boot manger. select your usb.
clover should show up. don't worry, if theres no background and it doesn't cover the full screen.

Mac Installation:
select install_osx, as this is the usb partition.
wait for the installer to boot.
once it loads, click onto disk utility so we can partition the hard drive as GPT. on the hard drive you wish to install mac OS onto. create a Mac OS X Extended (journaled) partition to the formatted partition. Now click off the disk utility and proceed to install the OS. this will extract the files needed and verify it. it may take some time(even through you see 1 min remaining). once its done restart and boot to the usb again using F4. Now, click once again install_osx NOT the target partition but the installer partition(usb partition). this will continue to install the OS and create the partitions needed.
You will need to redo these steps one more time.
click onto disk utility so we can partition the hard drive as GPT. on the hard drive you wish to install mac OS onto. create a Mac OS X Extended (journaled) partition to the formatted partition. Now click off the disk utility and proceed to install the OS. this will extract the files needed and verify it. it may take some time(even through you see 1 min remaining). once its done restart and boot to the usb again using F4. Now, click once again install_osx NOT the target partition but the installer partition(usb partition). this will continue to install the OS and create the partitions needed.
Once you done all that. you can now boot to the partition you wished for mac os to install onto. it should say "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility.
It will now finish the installation and you will be on the desktop.
you should now install Clover onto your hard Drive and copy the clover config, kext, etc to the hard drive.

Best of luck with your hacking!!! please let me know anything you find that works/ doesnt work so i can update this guide.
if you do fix anything please help me update this guide so more people can benefit from this.

MSI GS65 STEALTH THIN 8RF
View attachment 409301
My hardware:
  • I7-8750h
  • Intel HD 630 & Nvidia GeForce GT 1060
  • 16G RAM (16GBX1)
  • 1x 256GB w Windows boot
  • 1x 500GB WD SN750 w Mac OS Mojave boot
  • KILLER E2500
  • Killer(R) Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW)
What Works
  • Battery Support
  • Intel HD 630
  • Sound
  • Headphone
  • Brightness & volume Keys
  • Keyboard
  • Keyboard back-light works but no option to change the rgb. must do it in windows.
  • Track-pad with some gestures
  • Webcam
  • WiFi and Bluetooth (MUST CHANGE WIFI CARD FOR IT TO WORK)
  • Ethernet
  • iCloud Services
  • USB 3.0 & TYPE-C
  • Sleep & Wake (only power button could wakeup system)
What Doesn't Work
  • GTX 1070
  • Some gestures
  • WIFI and Bluetooth (if you don't change WIFI card)
I have not done a complete check about what works and what doesn't.

Issues i have seen yet haven't fixed:
so far I've noticed two issues,
firstly at times i have noticed the windows track pad gestures stop working but the gestures in mac continues to work.
secondly at times when laptop is put to sleep then woken up sound doesn't work.

Guide:
Now onto the good stuff! Before i start would like to thank Rehabman for his guides and vladichimescu for his config.
This guide will consist of the complete installation, including creating a Mac OS installation usb with clover.

Creating the installation usb:
THIS WILL NEED TO BE DONE ON A MAC.
You will need of course a 8GB usb stick and mac OS Mojave image

First you need to know your USB disk identifier, to do this we will use Terminal.
Code:
diskutil list

Once you found your disk identifier. we need to create the correct partitions.
Code:
# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
Note: my one was at disk 1, however yours might be different please change that to the correct one. if you format the incorrect one, you can lose data without a mechanism for recovery if you repartition the wrong disk.

Now that we have changed the partition and the correct boot sector. we can now install clover onto the usb
Firstly download clover installer, run it.
then on the installer package we need to set the target location, this will be 'clover EFI'.
Next select customize.
check install for uefi booting only.
check drivers64UEFI.
now install it onto the usb.
okay now copy the clover files from my git-hub to your clover setting, merge the files with your current one.

Now that we have created the partitions and installed clover onto the usb. we now move onto installing the installer onto the usb so we can boot the installer and install the OS onto the hard drive.

we will use createinstallmedia to do so.

Createinstallmedia:
This is a simple command we will use. before we do this line of code in terminal make sure you have downloaded Mojave.
Code:
# copy installer image
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

Okay we are ready to move to changing the BIOS config.
only couple things to change.
  • disable "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o)
  • disable fast boot
  • disable secure boot
  • change the boot mode to uefi with csm.
We now can boot to the USB.

turn off the laptop then when you click the power button, press F4 (i think it was) to chose the boot manger. select your usb.
clover should show up. don't worry, if theres no background and it doesn't cover the full screen.

Mac Installation:
select install_osx, as this is the usb partition.
wait for the installer to boot.
once it loads, click onto disk utility so we can partition the hard drive as GPT. on the hard drive you wish to install mac OS onto. create a Mac OS X Extended (journaled) partition to the formatted partition. Now click off the disk utility and proceed to install the OS. this will extract the files needed and verify it. it may take some time(even through you see 1 min remaining). once its done restart and boot to the usb again using F4. Now, click once again install_osx NOT the target partition but the installer partition(usb partition). this will continue to install the OS and create the partitions needed.
You will need to redo these steps one more time.
click onto disk utility so we can partition the hard drive as GPT. on the hard drive you wish to install mac OS onto. create a Mac OS X Extended (journaled) partition to the formatted partition. Now click off the disk utility and proceed to install the OS. this will extract the files needed and verify it. it may take some time(even through you see 1 min remaining). once its done restart and boot to the usb again using F4. Now, click once again install_osx NOT the target partition but the installer partition(usb partition). this will continue to install the OS and create the partitions needed.
Once you done all that. you can now boot to the partition you wished for mac os to install onto. it should say "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility.
It will now finish the installation and you will be on the desktop.
you should now install Clover onto your hard Drive and copy the clover config, kext, etc to the hard drive.

Best of luck with your hacking!!! please let me know anything you find that works/ doesnt work so i can update this guide.
if you do fix anything please help me update this guide so more people can benefit from this.

nice laptop :)

i have just had a look at your files and your config.plist seems to be corrupted on github

nice laptop :)

i have just had a look at your files and your config.plist seems to be corrupted on github

Thank you! i will fix that right now.

How about VGA, What next to fix?

How about VGA, What next to fix?
you mention your intel graphics works?

or do you mean vga output? that probably won't work as Apple haven't used VGA out for over 10 years or so

also your config.plist is missing a lot of renames

and you have set nvidia to true? this won't work on Mojave as that is not supported

probably best to use one from the laptop guide and enable the options

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

and also:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>
(remove the #s)

taken from:

I've got a Broadcom BCM94352Z that I've tried on my gs75. I haven't been able to get it to recognize the card, but I have verified it to work on my desktop Hack. Has anybody been able to get a WiFi module to recognize on this laptop?

After much research, I've found that this laptop uses a CNVi m.2 WiFi port. None of the old Broadcom cards will be detected. I'm going to see if I can disable this, but from what I have read, we are out of luck getting a compatible Hackintosh WiFi module card replacement for this laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back