Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] MSI GS65 8SE Stealth Thin - Catalina 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks e12350 for this guide. I'll be watching this thread as I'm also trying to get thunderbolt to consistently work, especially with my audio interface which is a Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt. Currently using an apple tb 3 to tb 2 adapter, which works on my desktop hackintosh. The only way I can get it work consistently is if I boot into windows first, it recognizes the device, and then immediately restart directly into Mac. Then the tb port seems work flawlessly.

Have you tried going to windows, plugging in the eGPU to the thunderbolt, then without disconnecting restart the system to macOS and see what happens? Maybe it has to do with hot-plugging not working. Also, create a debug.zip using the script here.

Yes, that did it! In Windows, the eGPU works only when hot-plugged. Rebooting to macOS after eGPU detection in Windows works, screenshots are attached. Disconnecting and then hot-plugging doesn't work, though. Now this hackintosh is ever closer to perfection. Thanks!

Attachments

• Graphics.png
    Graphics.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Displays.png
    Displays.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Preferences.png
    Preferences.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 147
Yes, that did it! In Windows, the eGPU works only when hot-plugged. Rebooting to macOS after eGPU detection in Windows works, screenshots are attached. Disconnecting and then hot-plugging doesn't work, though. Now this hackintosh is ever closer to perfection. Thanks!
Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue with Thunderbolt and hot-plugging on hackintosh. Currently there is no solutions other than boot from Windows, plug in the THunderbolt and then restart to macOS.

Any of you have any tips or methods on how I might improve the trackpad experience on the mac side? For example, clicking and dragging (like when copying or moving files) is not ideal.

Also curious to know what kind of battery life you all are getting? I'm on mojave 10.14.6, with 8750h, Stealth 8SE with 2060.

I don't have that issue because my keyboard model is different from yours. My keyboard is a Per Key RGB keyboard and yours is a 3 region RGB keyboard. But, on my MSI GE62 I do have that issue with port HS07 turning on or off. The issue is due to not being able to set Remote Wake on the USB port.

I tried fixing the issue on my MSI GE62 but I couldn't figure out how to prevent setting the remote wake. Maybe in the future I am able to solve the issue, but as of now your 3 region RGB keyboard port will have to be disabled.

You can check my driver for any new updates if I find a solution here: https://github.com/ErrorErrorError/SSKeyboardDriver

Edit: The current kext does not do anything except attach to the USB which well it does not manipulate anything.
Hello, I can come back to you, have you progressed regarding the famous USB port linked to the RGB keyboard and on the other hand I am looking for a solution for my track pad Synaptic for the gestures has 3 fingers.
Thank you to you
I don't have that issue because my keyboard model is different from yours. My keyboard is a Per Key RGB keyboard and yours is a 3 region RGB keyboard. But, on my MSI GE62 I do have that issue with port HS07 turning on or off. The issue is due to not being able to set Remote Wake on the USB port.

I tried fixing the issue on my MSI GE62 but I couldn't figure out how to prevent setting the remote wake. Maybe in the future I am able to solve the issue, but as of now your 3 region RGB keyboard port will have to be disabled.

You can check my driver for any new updates if I find a solution here: https://github.com/ErrorErrorError/SSKeyboardDriver

Edit: The current kext does not do anything except attach to the USB which well it does not manipulate anything.
Hello, I can come back to you, have you progressed regarding the famous USB port linked to the RGB keyboard and on the other hand I am looking for a solution for my track pad Synaptic for the gestures has 3 fingers.
Thank you to you

Thank you to you

I don't know. I have never tried a USB wifi adapter but you can try.

Thank you to you
No. I have not been able to figure out a solution to fix the issue with the 3 region RGB keyboard.

Hello I have find this solution to fix RGB Keyboard with 3 region, but the probleme is the USB port HS07 . The USB port work perfect in High Sierra, but not in Mojave or Catalina.
Might be due to how High Sierra interacts with the USB devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back