Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] MSI GS65 8SE Stealth Thin - Catalina 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop is GE75. I use your EFI. Most of parts can work. only trackpad and usb

Thx for the guide. I had a problem with mouse lag for 30 seconds at the logon screen. After 30 seconds the lag is gone. Noted the problem isn’t present if removing the disable NVIDIA gpu patch (SSDT-DDGPU).

Ohhh so that's what causes it? Hm. I will look into that.

And the hibernationfixup.kext breaks the hibernation. Without the kext hybernation works. Will try it out a koppel of hours and report back.
I mean the point of hibernationfixup is to fix hibernation, but you also need to either implement native NVRAM or emulate it.

My laptop is GE75. I use your EFI. Most of parts can work. only trackpad and usb
Did you ever fix your trackpad issues? And I supposed you used my USBPort.kext which caused issues with your usb since my system has different usb layout compared to yours. Use either Rehabman's USB port limit patch kext or you can also use the Hackintool which simplifies the work but you select which ports work for your laptop.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it with no success. I think the guide is for laptops without dGPUs.
You're right. You might need patching your ACPI table. Upload your EFI folder, I will see if I can fix the issue.

You're right. You might need patching your ACPI table. Upload your EFI folder, I will see if I can fix the issue.

As previously mentioned, I have adopted your EFI folder. My EFI folder is attached, and the basic difference with yours is my own SSDT-UIAC.aml.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 120
As previously mentioned, I have adopted your EFI folder. My EFI folder is attached, and the basic difference with yours is my own SSDT-UIAC.aml.
Make an ACPI dump and upload your EFI. You can make an ACPI dump by pressing F4 in the Clover bootloader screen.
Also, you have two USB Type C ports which we have to figure out which ACPI name the Thunderbolt falls under.

Make an ACPI dump and upload your EFI. You can make an ACPI dump by pressing F4 in the Clover bootloader screen.
Also, you have two USB Type C ports which we have to figure out which ACPI name the Thunderbolt falls under.

Attached is my EFI with an ACPI dump. My non-Thunderbolt USB Type C port is SS04. I don't know which USB Type C port my Thunderbolt is connected to because nothing is detected in either Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer when I insert the same USB device in the Thunderbolt port.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 106
Attached is my EFI with an ACPI dump. My non-Thunderbolt USB Type C port is SS04. I don't know which USB Type C port my Thunderbolt is connected to because nothing is detected in either Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer when I insert the same USB device in the Thunderbolt port.
Okay, what you first need to do is to figure out the ACPI Bus name of the Thunderbolt port. In order to figure that out, you need to boot into Windows. After you booted to Windows, you plug in a USB device to the Thunderbolt Type-C port and open Device Manager. In my case, I plugged in my phone.

dm-find-device.PNG

After this, right click on the device and click on "properties".

After you clicked on "properties", click on the "Details" Tab and click on the "Property" drop down menu, and find BIOS device name. In my case this is what it shows:
dm-get-tb-bios-name.PNG

For me, my ACPI thunderbolt name is "RP17".

Once you got that, boot back to your hackintosh and download SSDT-TYPC.dsl from the attached files. Replace "RP17" with your ACPI thunderbolt name. After you've done this, save the file as ACPI Machine Language (AML) and save it in your clover->acpi->patched.

After this, replace your config.plist with the attached config.plist and restart!

Lmk if you have any issues.

Attachments

• SSDT-TYPC.dsl
    384 bytes · Views: 115
  • config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 106
Okay, what you first need to do is to figure out the ACPI Bus name of the Thunderbolt port...

I found out that the ACPI Bus of my TB3 port is RP13, and then I simply followed the rest of your guide. Upon reboot, without any device connected to the TB3 port, I noted that System Information->Hardware->PCI now showed Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile), where previously it was empty. An encouraging sign, but when I connected my eGPU (Akitio Node hosting an RX 580) nothing happened. Thinking that I cannot hotplug, rebooted again with the eGPU connected, but still nothing. Also tried inserting a USB Type C flash drive, but nothing was detected.

I think we are on the right track, but something else is missing. Anyhow, thanks for trying to help.

Edit: I'm attaching a screenshot of the PCI info: it shows link width at x0

Edit: Tried removing DDGPU.aml, got changes in PCI info, but no change in any result

Attachments

• PCI.png
    PCI.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 90
  • PCI (2).png
    PCI (2).png
    93.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I found out that the ACPI Bus of my TB3 port is RP13, and then I simply followed the rest of your guide. Upon reboot, without any device connected to the TB3 port, I noted that System Information->Hardware->PCI now showed Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile), where previously it was empty. An encouraging sign, but when I connected my eGPU (Akitio Node hosting an RX 580) nothing happened. Thinking that I cannot hotplug, rebooted again with the eGPU connected, but still nothing. Also tried inserting a USB Type C flash drive, but nothing was detected.

I think we are on the right track, but something else is missing. Anyhow, thanks for trying to help.

Edit: I'm attaching a screenshot of the PCI info: it shows link width at x0

Edit: Tried removing DDGPU.aml, got changes in PCI info, but no change in any result
Have you tried going to windows, plugging in the eGPU to the thunderbolt, then without disconnecting restart the system to macOS and see what happens? Maybe it has to do with hot-plugging not working. Also, create a debug.zip using the script here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back