Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] MSI GS65 8SE Stealth Thin - Catalina 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, can you tell me if you have a USB port (HS07) MSI EPF USB dedicated to RGB keyboard. And if yes you have solved its functioning (on-off-on-off-on-off)

Hello, can you tell me if you have a USB port (HS07) MSI EPF USB dedicated to RGB keyboard. And if yes you have solved its functioning (on-off-on-off-on-off)
I don't have that issue because my keyboard model is different from yours. My keyboard is a Per Key RGB keyboard and yours is a 3 region RGB keyboard. But, on my MSI GE62 I do have that issue with port HS07 turning on or off. The issue is due to not being able to set Remote Wake on the USB port.

I tried fixing the issue on my MSI GE62 but I couldn't figure out how to prevent setting the remote wake. Maybe in the future I am able to solve the issue, but as of now your 3 region RGB keyboard port will have to be disabled.

You can check my driver for any new updates if I find a solution here: https://github.com/ErrorErrorError/SSKeyboardDriver

Edit: The current kext does not do anything except attach to the USB which well it does not manipulate anything.

Last edited:
@e12350, I have adopted your EFI folder and I'm quite happy with the results. Just one question: is there any way at all to get an external monitor working either through the HDMI or Thunderbolt 3 port? This is the only one remaining frustration I have with this otherwise perfect hackintosh.

Edit: Can the TB3 be configured to work with an eGPU hosting a Mojave/Catalina compatible AMD card?

Last edited:
@e12350, I have adopted your EFI folder and I'm quite happy with the results. Just one question: is there any way at all to get an external monitor working either through the HDMI or Thunderbolt 3 port? This is the only one remaining frustration I have with this otherwise perfect hackintosh.

Unfortunately you cannot use your HDMI or miniDP due to both of those connectors are connected to the NVIDIA gpu and not the Intel GPU. It will most likely never work since NVIDIA has not released drivers for Turing GPU's (ie. RTX Series) on Apple.

Edit: Can the TB3 be configured to work with an eGPU hosting a Mojave/Catalina compatible AMD card?

You can connect however a TB3 to HDMI output adapter and use it as an external monitor since the TB is connected to the Intel GPU. I think you can do eGPU hosting, but I haven't tested due to not having an AMD card. I saw a post about it in the forums but you can also try it.

You can connect however a TB3 to HDMI output adapter and use it as an external monitor since the TB is connected to the Intel GPU. I think you can do eGPU hosting, but I haven't tested due to not having an AMD card. I saw a post about it in the forums but you can also try it.

Tried it, and as expected, didn't work. I believe the TB3 port needs an ACPI patch to enable connection to eGPU, but I have no programming knowledge or skill to do this.

Tried it, and as expected, didn't work. I believe the TB3 port needs an ACPI patch to enable connection to eGPU, but I have no programming knowledge or skill to do this.
You can try following this guide.

Thx for the guide. I had a problem with mouse lag for 30 seconds at the logon screen. After 30 seconds the lag is gone. Noted the problem isn’t present if removing the disable NVIDIA gpu patch (SSDT-DDGPU).

And the hibernationfixup.kext breaks the hibernation. Without the kext hybernation works. Will try it out a koppel of hours and report back.
I’m on Catalina end the latest Kexts updates true the cloverconfig tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back