Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] MSI GS65 8SE Stealth Thin - Catalina 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW: This guide is old. I have not had time to update any information regarding to this build and I would recommend moving to OpenCore.

Hello,

Thanks for the tutorial etc...
I'm on MSI GE73VR (i7 7700HQ & GTX 1070)

I come from functional high sierra.
But on catalina like that everything is functional except the sound, I have my integrated input card detect but impossible to have sound...

I tried to change the layout-id using AppleALC, AppleHDA nothing works... I also tried the Voodoo kext...

If someone could enlighten me, thank you :)
I have the same laptop, and having the audio working with voodoohda.kext and applealc.kext(with layout id 98,99). I dont have the usb c - hdmi audio yet. still working on it. Rest all other things are working perfectly fine even in Big Sur 11.0.1 beta

Very detailed but simple at the same time, you should be rewarded for writing tutorials no joking, I learned a lot already even if my Catalina Hackintosh is 95% up and running in my MSI GE63 Raider, no issues so far.

For my DW1560 which should be bcm94352z BT/WIFI card I used AirportBrcmFixup.kext with BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and BT/WIFI seem to be working, your suggested kexts didn't work for me first time I tried the post installation (before reading this tut ofc).

Any plans to install/upgrade to Big Sur? I'm trying it so hard but still no chance to boot yet.

Very detailed but simple at the same time, you should be rewarded for writing tutorials no joking, I learned a lot already even if my Catalina Hackintosh is 95% up and running in my MSI GE63 Raider, no issues so far.

For my DW1560 which should be bcm94352z BT/WIFI card I used AirportBrcmFixup.kext with BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and BT/WIFI seem to be working, your suggested kexts didn't work for me first time I tried the post installation (before reading this tut ofc).

Any plans to install/upgrade to Big Sur? I'm trying it so hard but still no chance to boot yet.
hello, you need to go to a new and active repo on github link where there is a ready-made EFI for OpenCore and which supports BigSur. you can find the installation instructions on the official OpenCore website.Erik does not support Clover at the moment

hello, you need to go to a new and active repo on github link where there is a ready-made EFI for OpenCore and which supports BigSur. you can find the installation instructions on the official OpenCore website.Erik does not support Clover at the moment
Tank you, gonna read the OpenCore tips and tricks carefully to prepare my Notebook for Big Sur

Hi e12350
I saw you're hotpatching SSDT.
You 're not using SSDT-GPRW.aml for better sleep/wake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back