Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro (or similar) High Sierra 10.13.4 (Broadwell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gp72
CPU
i7 5700HQ
Graphics
Hd 5600
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro
Overview:
This guide discribes how to install High Sierra on a MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro on UEFI with CSM.
This guide works for Dual-booting.

Summary:
  • What does not work
  • Not tested
  • Requirement
  • USB Creation
  • BIOS Settings
  • Installing MacOs
  • Post Installation
  • The End

What does not work:
  • WLAN (USB Wlan Adapter or exchange Card)
  • Webcam
  • Cardreader
  • Gtx 950M (must be disabled)
Not tested:
  • Internet with Lan

Requirement:
  • MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro or similar
  • Newest BIOS (E1793IMS.10F)
  • USB Stick (at least 8GB)
  • MacOs X Running Environment
  • High Sierra Installation App already downloaded
Installation:
USB Creation:
  • Insert USB into Mac and erase Disk with Disk Utility with MacOs Extended Journaled and GPT Partition Map
  • Download Clover EFI Boot Loader latest version
  • Run Clover Boot Loader
  • Change Install Location to your stick
  • Click on customize
  • Tick Install for UEFI booting only
  • Select BGM Theme
  • In Drivers64UEFI select OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Click on Install
  • Download Clover Cofigurator
  • Mount EFI from Stick with CC
  • Open partition and go to EFI/Clover/kexts
  • Delete all other folders than Other
  • Go to folder Other
  • Download lates version of FakeSMC and put the FakeSMC.kext in to the folder
  • Download lates version of Voodoo-PS2-Conroller and put it also there
  • Go back to Clover folder and delete config.plist
  • Download predefined config of Intel HD 5600 from here (config_HD5600.plist)
  • Put file into Clover folder and rename it to config.plist
  • Open drivers64UEFI
  • Download HFSPlus.efi and put it in the folder
  • If installing on an SSD you should also include apfs.efi
  • You can find apfs.efi at /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi inside of "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg".
  • Open terminal
  • Type in sudo "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction
  • Change install_osx to the name of your stick for example USB
  • If the stick name has a blank put in quotation marks for example /Volumes/"My USB"
  • Press enter and wait until installation has finished
  • Eject USB Stick

BIOS Settings:
  • Enter BIOS on MSI Boot Screen with Delete Key
  • Go to Boot and select Boot mode UEFI with CSM
  • Disable Fast Boot
  • Go to Security and Secure Boot menu
  • Disable Secure Boot
  • Go to advanced and USB Configuration and enable XHCI and EHCI Hand-off
  • Show secrete settings with Left Alt + Right Control + Right Shift + F2
  • This is needed because you can only boot to MacOs with Graphics Acceleration and without Kernel Panic with DVTM Preallocated higher than 48MB (at least 64MB)
  • Go to Advanced and System Agent Configuration and disable VT-d for installer booting
  • Go to Advanced and System Agent Configuration and Graphics Configuartion and set DVTM Pre-Allocated to 128MB (at least 64MB)
  • Save changes and exit
Installing MaoOs:
  • Press F11 on MSI Boot Screen and select your stick
  • Now the installer will boot and a countdown should come which counts down until the installer on your USB stick will be loaded (In case of no count down select your USB stick and press enter)
  • To install MacOs High Sierra you must format your drive with Disk Utility to MacOs Extended with GPT partition map you can call it MacOs
  • Choose MacOs (or what ever name you have chosen) as installation disk
  • Don't worry the computer will restart a few times
  • After installation has finished boot again with with your stick but this time select your hard drive with MacOs installed as booting disk
  • You now should be in MacOs High Sierra
Post Installation:
  • If you don't have internet access at the moment download the files needed in this step on an other computer and transfer it with an stick to this one
  • You need Clover EFI Boot-loader and Clover Configurator again
  • Download MultiBeast
  • Download ACPI-Battery-Driver lates version
  • Run Clover Boot loader
  • Change Install Location to your MacOs disk
  • Click on "customize"
  • Tick "install for UEFI booting only"
  • Select "BGM" Theme
  • Select "Install RC scripts on target volume"
  • In Drivers64UEFI select OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Click on "Install"
  • Open Clover Configurator and mount EFI partition of your MacOs hard drive
  • Click on "Open Partition"
  • Go to folder EFI/Clover/kexts and delete all folder expect Other
  • Put the kexts from your usb stick in this folder
  • Also put the ACPI-Battery-Driver kext in there
  • Open EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and put apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi from your usb stick in there
  • Replace the config.plist of your hard drive with the other one on your stick
  • Eject the USB stick
  • Open the config.plist on your hard drive with Clover Configurator
  • Go to Acpi and tick "FixShutdown" on fixes
  • Go to the Boot section and put in the Default Boot Volume the name of your hard drive
  • At timeout you can select how long the countdown will take
  • Go to device sections and under Audio set Inject to 1
  • Save file with "File-) Save"
  • Close Clover Configurator completely
  • Open Multi Beast
  • Go to Drivers and than to Audio
  • Open Universal and select the latest VoodHDA kext (mine now v2. 9.0d10)
  • Click on Build and than on Install
  • Restart Computer
  • Open Audio settings and set Speaker(Analog) as speaker
  • Set Microphone (Digital) as Input device
End:
This was the guide for installing MacOs High Sierra. I hope you enjoyed it and I could help you.
If there are any questions post them down in the comment section

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for this guide! My problem was the hardware acceleration with the gpu, but with the trick in BIOS it works. But I had to select Intel GPU in BIOS to boot the installation, it was never happen.
For the ethernet I used AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2, for the audio you said "Go to device sections and under Audio set Inject to 1", I typed 1 but it wasn't working. With "Detect" options it works, but there isn't audio when I connect the notebook with HDMI. Another little problem is the gamepad, I play in cloud with GeForce Now and the software sees it, but when I press the button in the gamepad nothing happens. Siri, iMessage and Facetime didn't works but it's ok, I don't use it.
I updated to Mojave like a normal Mac with App Store, the new version works out-of-the-box but I had to reinstall VooDooHDA.

And that is all, thanks again

Hi, thanks for this guide! My problem was the hardware acceleration with the gpu, but with the trick in BIOS it works. But I had to select Intel GPU in BIOS to boot the installation, it was never happen.
For the ethernet I used AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2, for the audio you said "Go to device sections and under Audio set Inject to 1", I typed 1 but it wasn't working. With "Detect" options it works, but there isn't audio when I connect the notebook with HDMI. Another little problem is the gamepad, I play in cloud with GeForce Now and the software sees it, but when I press the button in the gamepad nothing happens. Siri, iMessage and Facetime didn't works but it's ok, I don't use it.
I updated to Mojave like a normal Mac with App Store, the new version works out-of-the-box but I had to reinstall VooDooHDA.

And that is all, thanks again
Thanks for your reply.
In the meantime I reinstalled my system and I will update the guide in the next week so that you can use iMessage/FaceTime/Siri
And I now use AppleAlc for sound and not clover

I will update the guide
Thank you! I never understood the things about DSDT, have we to do something about it? Is It for this that I have problems with the gamepad?

Thank you! I never understood the things about DSDT, have we to do something about it? Is It for this that I have problems with the gamepad?
Yeah we must you DSDT to fix the brightness key of the Keyboard.
One question do you mean the touchpad or a controller with gamepad?
I will probably update it in this week.

One question do you mean the touchpad or a controller with gamepad?
I mean the USB gamepad, like PlayStation or Xbox gamepad. MacOS see it but when I test it with a tool and when I press buttons, the tool don't see nothing. Same with Nvidia's GeForce Now cloud gaming.

Last edited:
Hi :) So, no more update?

Kind of. At the moment I am making an guide for Mojave. I will post the link here. I promise it will come faster than the update on the High Sierra Guide. ;)

Kind of. At the moment I am making an guide for Mojave. I will post the link here. I promise it will come faster than the update on the High Sierra Guide. ;)
Thank you! :thumbup:

I am sorry to disappoint you. But I dont‘t know if I will ever make an updated guide. I’m trying it but I cannot promise anything. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back