Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GF62VR 7RF, High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for late answer.
I didn't check my IMessage but there is a guide in this forume check it out
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
Hello I have an MSI GV62 8RE, hardware information in my side profile.
I can't get sleep to work. Followed your guide from top to bottom especially the disabling nvidia and sleeping parts. Applied them completely but still when I send system to sleep, display goes black and in 20 seconds it reboots.
What do you think might be the issue?

Was curious if you've done any updates to this build @goldenegg? I've been working on an MSI GL72M 7RDX and was able to use some of your insight on fixing sleep to get mine to actually go to sleep, which is something I've been trying to achieve for quite awhile now. My build uses WhateverGreen, so some of your guide didn't really transfer entirely for my setup. I was curious if when your build goes to sleep, does it switch from the Intel to NVidia card on wake?

Thanks for the awesome step-by-step, this has been super helpful.

When I add this patch
Code:
into method label _QB7 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _QB8 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;
after work FN+UP, FN+DW. But I press 1 time, brightest change to 2-3, not 1. And screen flickers when I cane brightest, if I change with "scroll lock" & "pause" all ok. My laptop MSI GE62VR 7RF

When I add this patch
Code:
into method label _QB7 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _QB8 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;
after work FN+UP, FN+DW. But I press 1 time, brightest change to 2-3, not 1. And screen flickers when I cane brightest, if I change with "scroll lock" & "pause" all ok. My laptop MSI GE62VR 7RF
Your laptop is differenet then. Mine is MSI GF62VR 7RF. Every laptop has its own codecs. I recommend you to post anther thread.

Your laptop is differenet then. Mine is MSI GF62VR 7RF. Every laptop has its own codecs. I recommend you to post anther thread.
I fix it, I delete voodoops2 and change it to ApplePS2SmartTouchPad. now all perfect. But thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back