Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GE62VR Apache Pro-026 (Semi-Success, Work in Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies on not attaching SSDTs 1 and 6x before.

SSDT-1 error is a non-issue. It is in a _DSM method which you will be removing with "Remove _DSM methods" patch.
SSDT-6x is a non-issue. As per guide, you should not be including dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched anyway. So no reason to recompile this file...

2). Should I apply SKYLAKE LPC patch? So little information about that patch. What does it do?

Debatable. Your choice. Try both ways.

3). All USBs seem to work. Have tested them all (x1 USB3.1 type-C, x2 USB3, x1 USB2), and all work at their respective speeds. For USB3.1 I used Anker A8303 Hub+Ethernet (everything works great!).
Maybe the question is redundant, but: Should I do any DSDT USB patches?

See USB guide sticky in the El Cap laptop forum.

4). After all of the DSDT patches, does it mean that I can disable HD 530 fixes in clover? Didn't see explicit answer to that

No.
Clover is an effective way to inject AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Applied patch SKYLAKE LPC.
Tried booting with just DSDT file in ACPI/patched/, got the same NO-GO (blocked) sign as with BOTH: DSDT and SSDTs.

Curios note: every about 45 seconds, this sign blacks out for a millisecond, and then stays on until next micro-blackout in about 45 seconds.

1).I did not disable Nvidia with patch thou. Will try to do it now. Maybe that will help.
2).Applied to DSDT those patches: "Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)" and "Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)"
SAME NO-GO SIGN!
nv_disable=1 doesn't fix anything in both cases.

Observation:
-without DSDT, HDD activity light starts to blink immediately after clover initiates macOS load.
-with DSDT, HDD lights are dark...

Maybe my clover config.plist has bad settings?

View attachment 243215 View attachment 243216 View attachment 243217

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

For future hackintoshers, as was stated in the first post, I no longer have this laptop. So I am dropping my support for this laptop with a sad heart.

Use all my findings and perfect this build in your cases.
Keep on hackintoshin'!

Got ASUS G701VO with dedicated GTX 980 (notice it's not 980m), 64GB DDR4, 1TB RAID NVMe (x2 of 512GB), G-Sync 17" monitor...
Will be working on that one, expect a forum post soon.

UPDATE: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...64gb-ddr4-w-980-dedicated-not-optimus.217739/

Last edited:
One thing still bothers me thou, @RehabMan

What are the most common causes for the sign " ⃠ "?

After choosing macOS boot drive in clover, it shows "" loading screen, then status bar appears (just bar no progress) and then this ⃠ ?
Please don't refer me to your general guide, I have read them.

After choosing macOS boot drive in clover, it shows "" loading screen, then status bar appears (just bar no progress) and then this ⃠ ?
boot verbose mode to see the panic, could be a number of things, mostly to do with usb

It really depends on what exactly you're doing.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello fellow Hackintoshers!
*TO DO:
-MAJOR:
CPU has 4 cores (total of 8 logical cores). Right now, can't boot to have all 8 logical core.
Booting with CPUS=8 (or without this Boot-Arg) will halt, unless I boot with CPUS=1-7 (tested all of them).
Apple logo with progress bar stuck at 20% will be hanging indefinitely. Verbose doesn't help either. Will need to see what happens with DSDT/SSDT. More details in POST #2.
-MAJOR:
Screen brightness control
-HDMI port doesn't show anything. As if it doesn't exist.
-MiniDP - YET TO TEST
-Wi-Fi (have to replace M.2 chip)
-Sleep/wake on closing/opening lid. UPDATE: Wakes up on open lid!
-Webcam
-Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C (will it work? yet to find out)
-Card Reader (added to this list because "Lo ultimo que muere es la esperanza")
-DSTD/SSDT (Do I need????) Never done it, believe it or not. :| UPDATE: working on it, check POSTS below.
!

Are you test HMDI/DP or Thunderbold? Is it work? I am planning to update my GE60.

Are you test HMDI/DP or Thunderbold? Is it work? I am planning to update my GE60.

As I recall, HDMI did not work. Thunderbolt, might have, not sure now. Can't test it, I don't have this laptop anymore.

If TB worked, it was only if the device was attached BEFORE turning on the computer.

How did you get sleep to work?
I have an MSI GV62 8RE and I've tried everything but I cant get sleep to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back