Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro - Mojave 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if I install clover to ssd in UEFI mode it doesn't start nor ssd is showing in BIOS
The way I installed Clover on my SSD is I put clover folder in my windows's EFI partition, and then make sure you use EasyUEFI to make Clover detectable. I assume you have windows in another hard drive, or ssd.

The way I installed Clover on my SSD is I put clover folder in my windows's EFI partition, and then make sure you use EasyUEFI to make Clover detectable. I assume you have windows in another hard drive, or ssd.
Thanks for quick response, yes I have Windows. Do I need to copy all EFI folder including Clover in Windows EFI Partition, or just Clover folder? And how can I make it detectable?

Sorry not familiar with laptops Hackintosh.

Last edited:
my msi ge62vr apache is installing everything from usb and starting from usb fine, but if I install clover to ssd in UEFI mode it doesn't start nor ssd is showing in BIOS. (BIOS is set to UEFI boot and secure boot disabled)

what you select when installing clover to ssd?

In my case, what I did was create an EFI partition in my secondary HDD because I erased the SSD including all partitions. I just did the same as you have to do to create bootable usb without copying the install image, but I had a full backup of my files done before starting to install anything.

In my case, what I did was create an EFI partition in my secondary HDD because I erased the SSD including all partitions. I just did the same as you have to do to create bootable usb without copying the install image, but I had a full backup of my files done before starting to install anything.
Still complicated as I can say I didn't understand any :(

Still complicated as I can say I didn't understand any :(

Ok, have you already created bootable USB using this guide??Read the guide, you will understand better what I say.

Example:

First of all you have to install Mojave in your laptop.

Suppose your secondary hard drive is called disk3, to create a bootable EFI partition as I did:

1: Repartition secondary HDD(Erase all data contained):

Code:
# repartition /dev/disk3 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "Data", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "Data" R

Now you have 3 disks in your system; OS, CLOVER EFI, Data.

2: Install Clover in "CLOVER EFI"
3: Copy content from your CLOVER EFI(USB Drive) to CLOVER EFI(hard drive).
4: Remove USB drive.
4: Go to Bios setup and choose the Clover partition created as boot disk.
5: Enjoy

Ok, have you already created bootable USB using this guide??Read the guide, you will understand better what I say.

Example:

Suppose your secondary hard drive is called disk3, to create a bootable EFI partition as I did:

Code:

I will try that as soon as I get home, thanks for tips. will report back.

Example:

Code:

So with ''1: Repartition secondary HDD'' you mean I have to use the secondary SSD to install Clover, not at the same SSD where the macOS is installed?
As I see you choose MBR to partition, is that the only option which worked for you? because technically it demands change the boot option in the BIOS from UEFI to Legacy (I think).
Sorry, things are bit confusing to me as Im at the beginning now :rolleyes:

Can somebody help me solve my wifi problem ? My latop is MSI GP72 6qf , specification is as same as GE62 6qf , My spec is
Specifications

• CPU: Intel I7-6700HQ
  • CHIPSET: Intel HM170
  • MEMORY: 32GB of DDR4 Ram (2133 MHz 16G*2)
  • GRAPHICS: Intel HD 530 + Nvidia GTX 960M (Disabled B/c of Optimus)
  • AUDIO: ALC898
  • WEBCAM
  • WIFI + BLUETOOTH: BCM94352Z
  • HDMI
  • 1 MINI-DISPLAYPORT
  • 2 USB 3.0 PORT
  • 1 USB 2.0 PORT
  • 1 USB 3.1 USB TYPE C
  • SD CARD

I followed the guide to active My wifi but no air port icon and option in System Reference -> network , Can someone teach me how to fix it ? although bluetooth option shows but can not active too , need help.

I followed the guide to active My wifi but no air port icon and option in System Reference -> network , Can someone teach me how to fix it ? although bluetooth option shows but can not active too , need help.
What Wi-Fi chip you're using? If you have the Wifi Killer, you have to replace it with BCM94352Z in order to get wifi and bluetooth to work.

What Wi-Fi chip you're using? If you have the Wifi Killer, you have to replace it with BCM94352Z in order to get wifi and bluetooth to work.
I followed the guide and buy a BCM94352Z M.2 Network card , and plug into my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back