Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro - Mojave 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's when I was trying to use _OSI->XOSI but couldn't figure it out so I stopped missing with it and said I'll try to fix the backlight issue first then go back to the USB problem so I don't confuse my self with different guides.

I edited the resolution in my profile.. Is there anything can be done regarding the backlight ?

After you fix the things already mentioned, you must attach new PR files.

Plan on doing an EC reset too.

After you fix the things already mentioned, you must attach new PR files.

Plan on doing an EC reset too.
OK I've fixed the port that was causing the issue..
one of your notes before I re-installed Mojave was :
"- ACPI not patched correctly (eg. no allowance for _OSI("Darwin"). Best to use _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml"
Do I still need to do it?

I'll try to do an EC reset now.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • debug_17787.zip
    874.5 KB · Views: 78
OK I've fixed the port that was causing the issue..
one of your notes before I re-installed Mojave was :
"- ACPI not patched correctly (eg. no allowance for _OSI("Darwin"). Best to use _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml"
Do I still need to do it?

I'll try to do an EC reset now.

_OSI spoofing/patching is one of the more important ACPI patches.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • debug_16045.zip
    865.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Files attached.. I don't know if it worked or not becuz I didn't see any difference.
And I did an EC reset.

You might need to look into the optional settings you can make with RMCF.BKLT.
Read the comments in SSDT-RMCF.dsl and SSDT-PNLF.dsl.

OK I noticed something ..The back light works after the laptop wakes from sleep. It's my first time putting the laptop to sleep after fresh installing Mojave. So i don't what exactly fixed it.
How should I report this? debug files before and after the sleep ? can we do something about it now that we know it works after it turns on from sleep?

OK I noticed something ..The back light works after the laptop wakes from sleep. It's my first time putting the laptop to sleep after fresh installing Mojave. So i don't what exactly fixed it.
How should I report this? debug files before and after the sleep ? can we do something about it now that we know it works after it turns on from sleep?
Debug files before and after sleep so Rehabman can tell you what the problem is. I never encountered this problem but I will research on this problem too. Did you disable usb HS07?

alright will do it now.. and yes I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back