Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro - Mojave 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do anything else other than the things mentioned in your guide to fix the brightness?
No. I did not do any other things go get my brightness working. It's all in the guide that I wrote. Make sure you're using the latest update of Mojave so everything works properly.

Problems/comments:
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is installed and should not be (it is never needed with Clover). Remove.
- ACPI not patched correctly (eg. no allowance for _OSI("Darwin"). Best to use _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml
- you forgot to remove ForceKextsToLoad (as per guide, it is for pre-install only)
- you may need (empty) PinConfigurations inject (look at your Devices/Properties, enable the PinConfigurations property)
- you may need CodecCommander (EAPD issue)
- may be macOS beta issue (why are you running the beta?)
- you forgot SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
- your USB configuration is wrong (and the device @XHC.HS07 is causing problems). See FAQ for USB guides.

Your ioreg shows backlight should be working. If it is not, you likely need to patch EDID.ProductID. Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
(make sure you read it carefully, as you will need to use the latest RehabMan Clover build to use config.plist/Graphics/EDID settings).
OK..I want to focus on the backlight issue now.. I read the thread and I'm using the latest RehabMan clover.
-I started with a clean install now and didn't update to the beta.
-I re-applied the steps mentioned in this guide but with no luck.
- Read the link you mentioned and nothing worked for me..
Today I found that you've updated it and tried the new method.(BacklightFIXUP) ..How ever it didn't work. I've deleted the old kext and the patch from KextstoPatch.
-I used this link to get the patched EDID and I placed it in AAPL00,override-no-connect in config.plist .. the colors have changed so I think something worked but the brightness problem still the same.
I want to clarify that I replaced the config.plist from here as according to the clover guide.

I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. If I did something wrong plz make it clear for me so I don't repeat it like I did the last time.
Attached are the debug files.

** As for the EDID settings in config.plist , it doesn't appear after replacing the file .. but if I used the default one that comes with the clover I can set the ProductID .. I've tried that before and got the same thing..colors change but problem is the same.

No. I did not do any other things go get my brightness working. It's all in the guide that I wrote. Make sure you're using the latest update of Mojave so everything works properly.
\

Would you consider sharing your debug file maybe it would help me ?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • debug_6080.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OK..I want to focus on the backlight issue now.. I read the thread and I'm using the latest RehabMan clover.
-I started with a clean install now and didn't update to the beta.
-I re-applied the steps mentioned in this guide but with no luck.
- Read the link you mentioned and nothing worked for me..
Today I found that you've updated it and tried the new method.(BacklightFIXUP) ..How ever it didn't work. I've deleted the old kext and the patch from KextstoPatch.
-I used this link to get the patched EDID and I placed it in AAPL00,override-no-connect in config.plist .. the colors have changed so I think something worked but the brightness problem still the same.
I want to clarify that I replaced the config.plist from here as according to the clover guide.

I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. If I did something wrong plz make it clear for me so I don't repeat it like I did the last time.
Attached are the debug files.

** As for the EDID settings in config.plist , it doesn't appear after replacing the file .. but if I used the default one that comes with the clover I can set the ProductID .. I've tried that before and got the same thing..colors change but problem is the same.

\

Would you consider sharing your debug file maybe it would help me ?

No need to manually inject full EDID.
Use empty AAPL00,override-no-connect=<>, config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true, config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID=0x9c7c.

Please be sure to report regarding what you see in SysPrefs->Displays.

No need to manually inject full EDID.
Use empty AAPL00,override-no-connect=<>, config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true, config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID=0x9c7c.

Please be sure to report regarding what you see in SysPrefs->Displays.

There's no "ProductID=******" entry as seen in the picture attached.
Should I use the default config.plist that comes with the RehabMan Clover installer ?

In SysPrefs->Displays I get the same thing I tried to describe before.. brightness slider but it doesn't work and if I get it lower than 20% the display turns off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.53.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.53.46 AM.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.09.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.09.10 AM.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 117
There's no "ProductID=******" entry as seen in the picture attached.

It is something you add.

In SysPrefs->Displays I get the same thing I tried to describe before.. brightness slider but it doesn't work and if I get it lower than 20% the display turns off.

It is possible your laptop does not use the IGPU PWM backlight controls.

I've added it by myself before and tried that now again but it doesn't do anything I can notice.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Is this something that can be fixed?

No.
But seems likely you have something else wrong, as post #1 clearly indicates AppleBacklight applies to this hardware.

Maybe you neglected to disable the Nvidia.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No.
But seems likely you have something else wrong, as post #1 clearly indicates AppleBacklight applies to this hardware.

Maybe you neglected to disable the Nvidia.
Here are the files.. and Nvidia now is disabled, IOReg shows I got the patched ProductID.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • debug_11025.zip
    943.8 KB · Views: 81
Here are the files.. and Nvidia now is disabled, IOReg shows I got the patched ProductID.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ (missing screen resolution):

There is a USB device at HS07 causing issues. You should disable the port.
See USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml. No SSDT-XOSI.aml in ACPI/patched, yet you have the _OSI patch enabled in config.plist.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ (missing screen resolution):

There is a USB device at HS07 causing issues. You should disable the port.
See USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml. No SSDT-XOSI.aml in ACPI/patched, yet you have the _OSI patch enabled in config.plist.
That's when I was trying to use _OSI->XOSI but couldn't figure it out so I stopped missing with it and said I'll try to fix the backlight issue first then go back to the USB problem so I don't confuse my self with different guides.

I edited the resolution in my profile.. Is there anything can be done regarding the backlight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back