Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehabman thanks, I can not find anything specific, I'll explain what I did, I followed the guide on the site for instalare Yosemite http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel -based-pc.html, pc work I installed the language and everything, my problem is to install the kext for this pc I uoi provide guidance, assistance to install the kext not know what kext use, if use multibeast what should I install. I hope it can help me

There is very little in Multibeast for laptops. What problem are you trying to solve?

Thank you for having responded to me I installed Yosemite with UniBeast I did not use a bootloader I ask you to tell me how to do this are my special thanks so much, you're very kind and helpful

System: asus s200 vivobook I installed Yosemite with UniBeast have no bootloader tell me where and how to install

CPU: Intel Core i3 3217U @ 1.80GH Technology Ivy Bridge 22nm
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X202E (SOCKET 0)
Audio: High Definition Audio Device
Enhanced Keyboard PC / AT PS / 2 (101/102 keys)
Mouse Microsoft PS / 2
Ethernet: atheros ar8162 pci-e
wifi: I changed the card using a atheros ar5b195

Thank you for having responded to me I installed Yosemite with UniBeast I did not use a bootloader I ask you to tell me how to do this are my special thanks so much, you're very kind and helpful

Of course you used a bootloader. The OSX installer runs on OS X and PCs cannot boot OS X directly... they need a bootloader. Unibeast installs the Chimera bootloader to the USB.

System: asus s200 vivobook I installed Yosemite with UniBeast have no bootloader tell me where and how to install

CPU: Intel Core i3 3217U @ 1.80GH Technology Ivy Bridge 22nm
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X202E (SOCKET 0)
Audio: High Definition Audio Device
Enhanced Keyboard PC / AT PS / 2 (101/102 keys)
Mouse Microsoft PS / 2
Ethernet: atheros ar8162 pci-e
wifi: I changed the card using a atheros ar5b195

Since ASUS machines cannot boot legacy to a GPT drive, you should use Clover.

See here for getting started: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Please enter your hardware details into your profile as requested. Thanks!

Hi everyone, i just installed mountain lion on a Asus S300. It works fine, except for the wifi! I replace the original card buying the atheros in the instruction: the bluetooth works, but not thw wifi. Many thanks Merry xmas SOLVED: the seller send me an atheros with wrong code. thanks

I don't think you need DTGP for any of the patches you mention above. My patch repo certainly doesn't need it.

Hi there, i'm kind of new to Macial and i need a stupid-proof guide to fix Fn brightness key first (i already fix sound Fn keys).
I tried hard to follow some guides, expecially:
_i downloaded macial here http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/
_then follow the post #488 of Manic Harmon1c and i replaced the text using Macials (i backup first the native DSDT)
But then i don't understand how to patch it. I try to put in in \EFI partition (can't remember the right folder) and then reboot, but nothing happens.

Can anybody explain to me in very easy way what to do step by step?
In this way we'll got a stupid-proof guide and everyone will able to fix also sleep problem and battery status.

PS: i installed mac one year ago and i can't remember which version of clover i used. Is there a method to see clover version right now?
PS2: my screen is flickering on the white pages, any fix?

Many thanks

Hi there, i'm kind of new to Macial and i need a stupid-proof guide to fix Fn brightness key first (i already fix sound Fn keys).
I tried hard to follow some guides, expecially:
_i downloaded macial here http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/
_then follow the post #488 of Manic Harmon1c and i replaced the text using Macials (i backup first the native DSDT)
But then i don't understand how to patch it. I try to put in in \EFI partition (can't remember the right folder) and then reboot, but nothing happens.

Can anybody explain to me in very easy way what to do step by step?
In this way we'll got a stupid-proof guide and everyone will able to fix also sleep problem and battery status.

PS: i installed mac one year ago and i can't remember which version of clover i used. Is there a method to see clover version right now?
PS2: my screen is flickering on the white pages, any fix?

Many thanks

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

The Clover version is displayed in your Clover bootlog.

Hey folks,

I'm about to have a go at installing OS X on my x202e. I've spent the last couple of days reading through this thread whilst I awaited the delivery of a new SSD. My main question is; should I follow the guide and install Mountain Lion, or is it possible to follow the ML instructions, using the same version of the bootloader and kexts as defined in the OP, but use a more up-to date version of OS X? I would like to try Yosemite because of the native touchscreen support, but I feel it may be less hassle in the long run to go for Mavericks as some one mentioned the techniques used to get it working were similar to ML.

This will also be my first venture into Clover territory so any advice is welcomed.

Thank you.

Okay so I decided to go ahead and have a go. I installed ML 10.8.5 and it works well. I will report my findings:

The newest Elantech and keyboard drivers are very good, I have lots of fun gestures and the .plist was very easy to edit to my liking. For the functions I use, I'd say it's 85% of the way towards the feel of a real macbook trackpad.

I used the latest voodoohda which seems to have fixed the distortion problem of the older version. The only thing that some might find mildly irritating is having to manually switch from speakers to headphones (it doesn't auto detect when you put a jack into the audio socket). But that is no biggie for me.

Battery power is decent for me, no different from windows 8.1 and way better than Linux. I'd estimate I'm averaging about 3 hours of use from a full charge.

Temperatures are great. Although I have no way of giving specific reading in OS X, I remember that this little machine's CPU would idle in the 70-80˚c when running Ubuntu at idle, and was physically very hot to touch. In windows 8.1 it faired better at an average of 60-70˚c. If I were to hazard a guess at the cpu temp in OS X, I would say idles are no more than 60˚c.

Sleep seems to be doing fine. I have not left it for a very long time though and would like to run multiple sleep tests to be sure. I don't often use sleep on my computers anyway, and with the SSD this thing boots in seconds.

App store updates - this is the only thing that is in the back of my mind as a problem I would certainly like to iron out. I have app store updates that will not install. Obviously I don't need to install the Macbook Air or thunderbolt firmware updates, but there is a security update I would really like to get working. It's security update 2015-001 1.0 and when I try to install it takes me to the blank screen with just the app installer window. The bar goes all the way along and then I get a message to the effect of "this update cannot be installed an error occurred". Then I am left on the limbo screen and have to do a hard reset.

I'll report back with any more significant findings as I get them. I would really like to get Yosemite on this machine and write a guide for that. But time is currently a factor so I will have to roll with ML for a while before I can experiment further.

Can someone give a complete list of compatible wifi cards for hackintosh? Cause the one said on the op is not available here in the Philippines :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back