Azalia HD: Disabled​
SATA Configuration:​
Agressive Link Power Management: Disabled (freezes the Rig sometimes)​
SAS Configuration:​
SCU Devices: disabled​
PCIe/PCI Configuration:​
PCI Rom Priority: UEFI​
Graphic Rom: UEFI​
(Never enable Above 4GB Decoding, it gives you black Screen, unable to get into Bios again)​
Disable all PCIe Slot Option Roms​
Disable Lan option Rom​
ACPI Settings:​
Sleep State: S3​
Boot:​
Boot Option: UEFI​
(Add your Mac Hard drive with Clover as UEFI OS Boot Option.)​

I suggest you grab a HDD/SSD, put it into a USB Enclosure, grab a Mac, download Mojave, start Setup and Select the external Disk. When the setup first asks you to restart, do it, but don´t boot into the setup hard drive but into the internal one. Then copy the EFI Folder onto the EFI Volume of the external Disk, put it in the Rig and finish setup from there. Thats the easiest way.
Don´t forget to change the Serial and UUID in the config.plist first.

Have fun!

Attachments

• EFI-X9Dai-Radeonvii-Slot-5.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 412
Hi There, already moved to Catalina?
I've got the first version 10.15.0 running after some fiddling around.
Most importantly:
- had to add DisableMCEReporter.kext to bypass the new dual CPU checks
- remove whatevergreen.kext (resulted in black screen)
- enable the "ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort" for 10.15x

Now 10.15.1 haws been released the panic on the IntelAppleMCEReporter returned....

EDIT! made it to 10.15.1! after a lot of attempts I updated to lilu 1.3.9, added cpufriend.kext (latest version). and have both DisableMCEReporter.kext and MCEReporterDisabler.kext in my kext/Other folder.

1 disabler kext is the 'original attempt' and the other one is based on the original but made opensource (separate repo). Don't know why but the MacOS upgrade installed even though there was still an error on the AppleIntelMCEReporter probe.

So.... catalina running fine again on my dual Xeon x9dai!

Last edited:
DeJam you didn't have the problem supermicro board Stuck on logo B2, Boot Option: UEFI

DeJam you didn't have the problem supermicro board Stuck on logo B2, Boot Option: UEFI

Nope don't think I ever had that issue. What I do have occasionally is that the boot post 'hangs' at 92. I've got a dual boot setup with win 10 and disconnecting the windows drive and reboot fixes this. no clue why that happens.

Hi,
this EFI Folder contains the Setup for:
SM X9Dai​
Dual E5-2670v1​
Radeon VII (Slot-5)​
Both integrated Ethernet Cards​
USB2.0 + Renesas USB 3.0 (with mXHCD.kext)​
Audio (ALC889) is not working because of instabilities with GPU​
Set your Bios to default, then change the following settings:
Chipset > North Bridge:​
VT-d: off​
Slot-5 x16​
Chipset > South Bridge:​
Azalia HD: Disabled​
SATA Configuration:​
Agressive Link Power Management: Disabled (freezes the Rig sometimes)​
SAS Configuration:​
SCU Devices: disabled​
PCIe/PCI Configuration:​
PCI Rom Priority: UEFI​
Graphic Rom: UEFI​
(Never enable Above 4GB Decoding, it gives you black Screen, unable to get into Bios again)​
Disable all PCIe Slot Option Roms​
Disable Lan option Rom​
ACPI Settings:​
Sleep State: S3​
Boot:​
Boot Option: UEFI​
(Add your Mac Hard drive with Clover as UEFI OS Boot Option.)​

I suggest you grab a HDD/SSD, put it into a USB Enclosure, grab a Mac, download Mojave, start Setup and Select the external Disk. When the setup first asks you to restart, do it, but don´t boot into the setup hard drive but into the internal one. Then copy the EFI Folder onto the EFI Volume of the external Disk, put it in the Rig and finish setup from there. Thats the easiest way.
Don´t forget to change the Serial and UUID in the config.plist first.

Have fun!
Hello mike0810,

Do you have any new EFI for Catalina 10.15.3, try to use your EFI file on it, but faced some purple line on the Apple loading screen, can not go to desktop. I am a X9DAI 2687W v2*2 user.

Hello mike0810,

Do you have any new EFI for Catalina 10.15.3, try to use your EFI file on it, but faced some purple line on the Apple loading screen, can not go to desktop. I am a X9DAI 2687W v2*2 user.

Hi johnluo,

You can give my EFI folder a try. Running 10.15.4 with 2 2697 v2's.

Attachments

• EFI_x9dai.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 205
Hi johnluo,

You can give my EFI folder a try. Running 10.15.4 with 2 2697 v2's.

Thanks, DevJam, but when I used your EFI, it appeared Prohibition sign on my black screen.

My one is 10.15.4 with 2*2687W v2, AMD r9 Fury x ,pls help.

Di
Thanks, DevJam, but when I used your EFI, it appeared Prohibition sign on my black screen.

My one is 10.15.4 with 2*2687W v2, AMD r9 Fury x ,pls help.

Interesting... I had the stop sign one time when updating to 10.15.4 but reboot fixed it.
- Did you configure your bios as described in the first post? (and have the graphics card in the correct slot)?
- I removed all serials en UUID. Might be a good idea to fill those with your own.

else it's probably time to enable verbose logging...

Di

Interesting... I had the stop sign one time when updating to 10.15.4 but reboot fixed it.
- Did you configure your bios as described in the first post? (and have the graphics card in the correct slot)?
- I removed all serials en UUID. Might be a good idea to fill those with your own.

else it's probably time to enable verbose logging...
Hi DevJam,

I have 2 SSDs, the 1st one installed Mojave as the 1st post, it's ok for me.

Then try to reinstall catalina 10.15.4 again in the other SSD then put in your EFI and modify UUID again.

Still stop sign. just upload my EFI file, could help to look at what's wrong with it? thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 120
Hi DevJam,

I have 2 SSDs, the 1st one installed Mojave as the 1st post, it's ok for me.

Then try to reinstall catalina 10.15.4 again in the other SSD then put in your EFI and modify UUID again.

Still stop sign. just upload my EFI file, could help to look at what's wrong with it? thanks.

Saw there was a boardID missing in your config.plist. You could try the enclosed one (boots on my system).
Oh and 1 thing you probably want to remove from my folder is the VegaTab_64.kext from the kext/others folder. that is a specific kext I need because I'm running a vega64 card.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.9 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back