Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming ITX
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
IGP HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using the built in graphics (HD530) and Samsung 960EVO NVMe drive. I am running a i7-6500K

Followed the general steps to prep a USB 2.0 drive. I have read stuff about USB 3.0 issues, so i just got a USB 2.0 to be safe. With vanilla Unibeast built config.plist I was getting panic prior to installer coming up but I got it working. It was USB support issue. Instructions below.
  1. Prior to running Unibeast. make sure EFI partition is created correctly on blank 2.0 USB. Use disktutil and turn on show all devices and then format at top level of usb. Choose Guid Partition once the erase window comes up. This will ensure EFI partition is created. First time I just erased a newly bought usb and didn’t get an EFI partition on it. Thus unibeast didn’t make the usb bootable.
  2. update config.plist to add Inject USB + FixOwnership.
  3. put USBInjectAll.kext in /kexts/other in USB
  4. Once installer comes up, Prep SSD
    1. Delete EFI partition. From terminal
      1. unmount NVMe
      2. Go to terminal and use command line to delete EFI
      3. “Diskutil list” command to find path to EFI partition of internal drive
      4. gpt remove -i 1 /dev/disk0 (assuming EFI is on disk0)
  5. Follow instructions to install Mojave https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
  6. System will auto reboot few times. Just make sure you choose boot Mojave from clover boot screen. Don’t boot from usb after you do it the first time.
  7. After few reboots I got to the graphical installer of Mojave and choose language, created my user,etc
  8. At this point I have Mojave up but no video acceleration. Thought about putting the ig-platform key in config.plist to see if acceleration would come on, but realized my nvme doesn’t have bootable EFI yet.
  9. Downloaded Mojave Multibeast and ran it. Choose these options. Plus UEFI
    1. IntelMausiEthernet latest. v2.4.0 is what i used
    2. 3rd Party USB 3.0
    3. Remove XHCI USB Port limit
    4. USBInjectAll
    5. iMac 14,2
Note: I don’t care about WiFi or built in Bluetooth. I am using iogear Bluetooth dingle and my Mac keyboard and trackpad work great. I am also not sure if I get usb 3.0 support. But don’t care for it. Time machine backup is slow I believe, but that is fine.

One other thing. I did connect to my monitor via Display Port. Before trying Mojave, i tried High Sierra and was getting a panic prior to installer coming up. It was due to video. So, to get around i tried the IGPFX and ig-platform stuff and i also switched from hdmi to display port. Not sure which one was the fix but high sierra install did work. Then i got optimistic and tried Mojave and that worked too. So, if you get a panic, set the verbose mode in clover boot option and see if you get a video panic. you have to use your cell phone to video record as the boot log is shown. the screen goes away right after the error.

Very cool - I have the same motherboard - currently on El Capitan but looking to make the switch.

One question though - do you experience issues with the iGPU not always re-connecting to the monitor after the screen has been switched off? Or has a fix come out in the meantime that I just haven't caught up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back