Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mavericks Lenovo G580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used SSDT generator and created attached SSDT. Now Mavericks boot fine, I don't know anything more. Can you please check it for me, if I did something wrong creating SSDT kindly let me know. Now I'm only using 'IGPEnabler=No' boot flag in chameleon boot plist. Is there is any way to enable IGP in my Lenovo G580 20157 (i5 3rd gen 3210m, 4 GB, 5600 GB, mavericks)?

Also I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Mavericks. But unfortunately I installed 32 bit version of Windows 7. Now I want to install Windows 7 64bit (or Windows 8.1). I don't want to format entire hard disk again and install both OS. Can I just format Windows drive and install normally. But I read somewhere that installing windows after os x replaces the boot-loader and I need to re-install OS X (Or can I boot from USB drive and boot into Mavericks?)

Thank you very much for all your help and support. you're outstanding :headbang:

Attachments

• ssdt_pr.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 174
I used SSDT generator and created attached SSDT. Now Mavericks boot fine, I don't know anything more. Can you please check it for me, if I did something wrong creating SSDT kindly let me know. Now I'm only using 'IGPEnabler=No' boot flag in chameleon boot plist. Is there is any way to enable IGP in my Lenovo G580 20157 (i5 3rd gen 3210m, 4 GB, 5600 GB, mavericks)?

Also I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Mavericks. But unfortunately I installed 32 bit version of Windows 7. Now I want to install Windows 7 64bit (or Windows 8.1). I don't want to format entire hard disk again and install both OS. Can I just format Windows drive and install normally. But I read somewhere that installing windows after os x replaces the boot-loader and I need to re-install OS X (Or can I boot from USB drive and boot into Mavericks?)

Thank you very much for all your help and support. you're outstanding :headbang:

Post ioreg if you want help with power management check: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

See dual boot guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Hi, I just wanted to report that I made the jump to clover. I had my G580 running like this guide, everything but the SD card and USB3 were working fine, so little room for improvement there so I decided to try clover.

I installed Clover mostly following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...just-little-bit-help-needed-7.html#post739947 by moonhack and of course lots of work by rehabman (I think the Nobel prize of Mac should go to him!)

System works nice so far, and as I migrated from a working multi beast install to a clover one I may not be enjoying all of the benefits of clover, nonetheless this means it's possible. Anyone daring to try clover right from scratch?

Hello everybody, I want to buy a cheap notebook to install a dual boot with windows + osx.

I was thinking Lenovo G580 59372973, the specs are:

Intel Core I3-3120M
Intel HM76 express chipset
Intel HD 4000
1366*768
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

I've read around the web that lenovo G580 is one of the best to mount osx, with a link to this thread.
I want to buy this notebook if I know it works well with osx.
Do you suggest to me?
Thanks.

Hello everybody, I want to buy a cheap notebook to install a dual boot with windows + osx.

Intel Core I3-3120M
Intel HD 4000
1366*768
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

I've read around the web that lenovo G580 is one of the best to mount osx, with a link to this thread.
Do you suggest to me?
Thanks.
Anyone?
The offer exprires :(

Intel Core I3-3120M
Intel HD 4000
1366*768
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

Do you suggest to me?
Thanks.

Did you read this thread?

The laptop you mention sounds like a pretty typical HD4000/Ivy 7-series chipset laptop...

See compatibility info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back