Contribute
Register

[Guide] MacOS Sierra and High Sierra on the ASUS UX360CA-AH51T

Status
Not open for further replies.
[deleted]

Last edited:
You don't need to use VoodooI2C modified for Elan1200, that is an ancient version of VoodooI2C and you should upgrade to the lastest version.

Hi, will the latest version of VoodooI2C support Elan1200 and multitouch ? I am about to try it on my Asus Zenbook UX360CA and have got High Sierra working on it. Trying to make the touchpad work.
Yes, this is what I just said.

Thanks for confirming. The core is the VoodooI2C.kext kernel extension. Apart from this, what satellite VoodooI2C kexts should I use ?
Read the instructions page linked on the main github page. It explans everything you need to do.

Awesome guide. Have you tried High Sierra on UX360CA ?
I've just updated it for High Sierra, and transitioned to dynamic patching (with an exception to the battery). Let me know if something doesn't work!
Edit: Also, it uses VoodooI2C 2.0, although in polling mode, with proper multitouch.

Cannot thank you enough for your guide. I have the UX360CA as well however the one with Skylake M3 processor. So, I am not sure how different or similar my experience would be. Anyway, I was able to install High Sierra and with first boot got nvram, Graphics, USB ports working.

1. I installed VoodooHDA and got the sound working as per my expectations. Why did you go with AppleALC - I am curious about that.

2. I got the backlight working and thanks to your N55SL battery patch I got the battery working as well.

3. I closely followed the instructions to get the trackpad working with VoodooI2C in polling mode - patched DSDT and installed the 2 kexts but my trackpad is still not detected. Can you help me that ?

Please excuse me if my Hackintosh technical know-how is not as good as yours :)
Hi, I updated the post, but in short the patched AppleALC provides auto switching between sources/outputs, and ensures that all mics/speakers are usable.
If VoodooI2C is installed to /L/E and NOT Efi/clover/kexts alone, AppleIntelI2Clpss+Controller needs to be disabled via clover patches, or deleted.
Also, we all learn some way - keep on hackintosh-ing! (I still can't get my other hack to work properly :/)

Last edited:
I clean installed 10.14 Mojave working now :) I have a question from your guide about your
Clover DSDT fixes: FixSBUS, FixShutdown, AddMCHC, AddDTGP

Would you be kind enough to tell me what do these fixes do wrt to your UX360 . I am trying to understand if I would need them or not. Thanks in advance.
Glad to hear it! I’ve gotten the same (Mojave) here, albeit with some visual issues, related to blur specifically. Did you perhaps find a way to fix it? :D

AddDTGP is a dependency for others, AddMCHC and FixSBUS fixes the SMBUS and MCHC device (viewable in IOReg).
FixShutdown is critical for me; the computer hardware remains on instead of actually powering off with the OS, so f you want the absolute minimum, FixShutdown is a must.

I have the trackpad working with multitouch :) but it doesnt get noticed in SysPref :banghead:

Thanks for the disabling touchscreen tip - without it trackpad was iffy, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. Now it works on every boot.

I also had the AppleIntelI2Clpss+Controller kexts disabled from config.plist/KextstoPatch (found rehabman's entries)

Do you have any idea how can I get it to show in System preferences.

Now that I think of it, I got over the issue of no trackpad (in prefs) by rebuilding kextcache and rebooting a couple times. Maybe try that? I encountered your issue again a day back, and simply rebuilding the cache & rebooting (once) fixed it.

Honestly, for me having both touchscreen and trackpad enabled it would just endlessly panic, until I deleted VoodooI2C.. :/

Somehow I missed that I have an Elan trackpad so I should have been using VoodooI2cElan instead of VoodooI2chid. Anyway after correcting it, the trackpad is still not working. Anyway, I wanted to confirm if this is enough for disabling the touchscreen ? :
* Place SSDT-XSTA in Clover/ACPI/patched
* TPL0_STA>XSTA renqme in config.plist
As is written in the VoodooI2C guide (see http://voodooi2c.github.io), VoodooI2CELAN is not for ELAN1200.. you have to use VoodooI2CHID. If you use VoodooI2CELAN, it simply won't work at all.
And yes, those should be sufficient to disable the touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back