Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS on the ASUS-TP500LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've tried patching my own DSDT again.
What works for me:
CPU + Power Management, Audio over internal speakers, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Battery Status, Backlight + key controls, Sleep, Webcam and touchpad + gestures.

Everything seems stable right now, but there are a few things that I'm still missing.
HMDI Audio doesn't work for me, tried it in a few ways, but I seem to lose some functionalities. The B0D patch didn't work for me, I've lost almost every functionalities like touchpad, ethernet ect. I really would like to see some lid functions to work too. And the last thing is volume control via keys or the buttons on the side of the laptop.

I don't know if anyone has a solution for my last few problems, but it would nice to get those things to work too.

Okay, so I've tried patching my own DSDT again.
What works for me:
CPU + Power Management, Audio over internal speakers, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Battery Status, Backlight + key controls, Sleep, Webcam and touchpad + gestures.

Everything seems stable right now, but there are a few things that I'm still missing.
HMDI Audio doesn't work for me, tried it in a few ways, but I seem to lose some functionalities. The B0D patch didn't work for me, I've lost almost every functionalities like touchpad, ethernet ect. I really would like to see some lid functions to work too. And the last thing is volume control via keys or the buttons on the side of the laptop.

I don't know if anyone has a solution for my last few problems, but it would nice to get those things to work too.

HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So I tried to follow your guide. I've patched B0D3 to HDAU and GFX0 to IGPU, I got no errors so I applied it in my patched folder in my EFI. The problem is that I lose my Ethernet, Touchpad ect. after those patched. I don't know if this is a common problem and if I can be solved.

So I tried to follow your guide. I've patched B0D3 to HDAU and GFX0 to IGPU, I got no errors so I applied it in my patched folder in my EFI. The problem is that I lose my Ethernet, Touchpad ect. after those patched. I don't know if this is a common problem and if I can be solved.
When applying the B0D3 to HDAU patch, make sure to change the audio layout id.

Hello,

Im following your guide and actually Im stuck at this -> "Now it's time to make your ACPI changes (the most important part)". I follow RehabMan's tutorial and I actually Disassembled ACPI files so I've got a lot of .dsl files. I know that now I have to patch them with these https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch following the ones that You mentioned, but... Maybe Im blind, but I can't get into which one should I pick for MaciASL to edit in. I've got one SSDT.dsl file and a bunch of DSDT-x.dsl files...

Ok edit: Actually got it a little... noticed that - "I like to include all SSDTs, in their original order, patched appropriately, unless they are known to cause a problem. Keep in mind that an SSDT that doesn't need any patches, does not need to be recompiled. You can simply use the original AML file unmodified.

Note: The 'x' SSDTs from a Clover dump and likewise the SSDTs in the dynamic subdirectory from a Linux dump are loaded dynamically and are never included in ACPI/patched (they are SSDTs loaded on-demand with ACPI Load from SystemMemory)."

So I just moved all the SSDT.aml files (but only these without 'x') to patched folder in EFI partition - screen below, now I assume that I've got to patch only DSDT.dsl?

Edit 2: So each one SSDT file compiled without any errors expect onyl SSDT-2.dsl caused few of them so i just deleted it. Compiling DSDT.dsl causes me also few of them, so I cant finish the whole process - screens below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.05.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.05.30.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 233
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.18.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.18.png
    330 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.26.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.26.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.34.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.54.44.png
    393 KB · Views: 258
  • DSDT.dsl
    844.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Hello,

Im following your guide and actually Im stuck at this -> "Now it's time to make your ACPI changes (the most important part)". I follow RehabMan's tutorial and I actually Disassembled ACPI files so I've got a lot of .dsl files. I know that now I have to patch them with these https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch following the ones that You mentioned, but... Maybe Im blind, but I can't get into which one should I pick for MaciASL to edit in. I've got one SSDT.dsl file and a bunch of DSDT-x.dsl files...

Ok edit: Actually got it a little... noticed that - "I like to include all SSDTs, in their original order, patched appropriately, unless they are known to cause a problem. Keep in mind that an SSDT that doesn't need any patches, does not need to be recompiled. You can simply use the original AML file unmodified.

Note: The 'x' SSDTs from a Clover dump and likewise the SSDTs in the dynamic subdirectory from a Linux dump are loaded dynamically and are never included in ACPI/patched (they are SSDTs loaded on-demand with ACPI Load from SystemMemory)."

So I just moved all the SSDT.aml files (but only these without 'x') to patched folder in EFI partition - screen below, now I assume that I've got to patch only DSDT.dsl?

Edit 2: So each one SSDT file compiled without any errors expect onyl SSDT-2.dsl caused few of them so i just deleted it. Compiling DSDT.dsl causes me also few of them, so I cant finish the whole process - screens below.

Could you attach your ACPI/origin folder for me?

Hello,

Use "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" (aggressive version if necessary).
And use "Fix ADBG Error"

Great guide!
Really detailed.
Nice work!:thumbup:

Can you send me the information that i can transfer to my usb because I am a beginner towards converting my laptop asus tp500la into a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back