Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Monterey + OpenCore 0.7.6 on Z390 Aorus Elite + RX580

@kenwsf
RX 580 can work on macOS since 10.13.6. I installed this card for the first time on High Sierra and it worked very well.
Both cards that you comment have the same basic chip, but they are manufactured by different brands. The amount of RAM makes a difference but I know users with the 4 GB model working up to Ventura completely satisfied.
Your mobo es unknown for me, I’m pretty sure that the RX 580 must be fine on it but without personal experience.

@kenwsf
RX 580 can work on macOS since 10.13.6. I installed this card for the first time on High Sierra and it worked very well.
Both cards that you comment have the same basic chip, but they are manufactured by different brands. The amount of RAM makes a difference but I know users with the 4 GB model working up to Ventura completely satisfied.
Your mobo es unknown for me, I’m pretty sure that the RX 580 must be fine on it but without personal experience.
Thanks for your info, Miliuco.
Have u tried the RX 580 GPU for macOS Monterey? Can share?

CuzI wish to upgrade to Monterey with my current mobo and RX580 graphic card.

@kenwsf
No problem. It works flawlessly on Monterey and Ventura.

@kenwsf
No problem. It works flawlessly on Monterey and Ventura.
The GPU RX 580 card works flawlessly and perfect for macOS Monterey and even for Ventura?
Really, that's make my day happy.

But, you've tried or you're currently using this graphic card for macOS Monterey and Ventura now?
Can teach me how to install the macOS Monterey with my Mobo and RX580 Graphic Card?
Make sure the installation goes smooth.
Let me know with many thanks.

@kenwsf
I had installed 2 RX 580 in 2 different hacks (both Z390) since High Sierra to Ventura. Working without any issue. Now I’m on RX 6600 XT.
Your mobo is not known be me. Look for users with the same mobo installing Monterey. Don’t go to Ventura. It’s a more complicated task.

@kenwsf
I had installed 2 RX 580 in 2 different hacks (both Z390) since High Sierra to Ventura. Working without any issue. Now I’m on RX 6600 XT.
Your mobo is not known be me. Look for users with the same mobo installing Monterey. Don’t go to Ventura. It’s a more complicated task.
@miliuco
Waooo... you're using RX580 and RX6600 XT GPU for High-Sierra to Ventura. That's cool.
And happy to hear that all working perfectly.
Well, since your tested RX580 is great for Monterey.
I might go ahead.

Yes. I can't see anyone who using GA Z170XP-SLi for macOS Monterey now.
Hard to install to upgrade OS. :(

What do you think for these GPU DDR5 :
SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX580 - 4GB
SAPPHIRE NITRO PLUS RX570 - 8GB

Mostly this RX580/RX570 is AMD and Sapphire, right?
Any recommend?

@kenwsf
RX 6600 only since Monterey 12.1. When drivers were included in macOS.
Both cards are ok, I slightly prefer 580 even with less ram.

@kenwsf
RX 6600 only since Monterey 12.1. When drivers were included in macOS.
Both cards are ok, I slightly prefer 580 even with less ram.
Same as you.
I see there are many brands for Radeon RX580, such as AMD, MSI, Asus, XFX, And sapphire.

Which brand should I go for RX580 GPU that fully native MacOS monterey?
Afraid of choosing wrong.

@kenwsf
My 2 RX 580 were XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Triple X, not an issue even on Ventura despite XFX is not recommended in the Dortania GPU Buyers Guide. I’m pretty sure most of the brands are valid. Don’t get PowerColour, HIS and VisionTek.

I read back your replied.
You have been using high-Sierra with Sapphire Radeon RX580 GPU, am I right?
It works with native or need some kext, isn’t it?

Thus i might not upgrade to Monterey at the moment, I need to learn how to use open core.
So I will stay at high-Sierra first.
Just make sure the RX 580 GPU can use in high-Sierra. Do let me know, thanks a lot .

Back