Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Monterey + Clover 5142 on Z390 Aorus Elite + RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody help please?

I used clover 5149, because that's the nearest version I could download, and followed your guide, the first EFI didn't work, but the second one (Clover iMac) in the clover screen I select Monterrey installation, the apple logo appears and the progress bar stuck at the mid point, y tried again and stuck at the same place, just at the middle of the progress bar and It got stuck... I don't know.. the build you used is the same one... but the CPU, and I use a ADATA SSD M.2 256gb...

what can I do??

can somebody help please?

I used clover 5149, because that's the nearest version I could download, and followed your guide, the first EFI didn't work, but the second one (Clover iMac) in the clover screen I select Monterrey installation, the apple logo appears and the progress bar stuck at the mid point, y tried again and stuck at the same place, just at the middle of the progress bar and It got stuck... I don't know.. the build you used is the same one... but the CPU, and I use a ADATA SSD M.2 256gb...

what can I do??
boot verbose to see where it stops , take a pic and upload it here

(add -v to boot arguments)

@edsagun
Do you have the same drivers and config.plist options than my EFI? It’s a new Monterey install over a blank disk? The target disk is partitioned and formatted? How? Press F11 in the Clover screen to clear nvram, does it changes anything?

Last edited:
boot verbose to see where it stops , take a pic and upload it here

(add -v to boot arguments)
I did it, and it has been like that forever... like cycled... again and again

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 45
@edsagun
Do you have the same drivers and config.plist options than my EFI? It’s a new Monterey install over a blank disk? The target disk is partitioned and formatted? How? Press F11 in the Clover screen to clear nvram, does it changes any?
yes, I downloaded your EFI folder and pasted, second question no, I used that ssd m.2 adata to install Catalina 2 and a half years ago, and I wanted to update to Monterey.. so the hard drive has catalina on it with another version of clover.

in the clover screen y pressed f11 and as I told to Feartech, it has been for 6 hours in a row cycling like in the picture..

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 37
@edsagun
Do you have the same drivers and config.plist options than my EFI? It’s a new Monterey install over a blank disk? The target disk is partitioned and formatted? How? Press F11 in the Clover screen to clear nvram, does it changes any?
so any ideas?

Help needed.

My build is different from yours as I'm using the gigabyte z490 Aorus Master, intel i7 10700, and RX 580. I tried writing my own EFI using clover but kept failing so I though I would try yours. I at get to the apple loading screen but the progress bar stops halfway and I can't get into the OS to perform the installation.
Any ideas of things to try?

Thanks in advance!

@edsagun
Try this EFI, remove all in the EFI partition, copy this EFI into it, in the Clover menu press F11.
Are you able to boot macOS Monterey installer with this EFI?
Note: add your own serials.

Attachments

• EFI-clover5149.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 78
@salligood
It's better to open a new thread with your issue, sure it will be read and more probably answered, this thread is for a different hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back