Was this guide helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can you send me the driver for Macos mojave for this laptop.
Thanks

Please can you send me the driver for Macos mojave for this laptop.
Thanks

I will like to say this is very good documentation.

But, I have to mention, that the build.sh command does not move the VerbStub.kext directory into Out/EFI/OC/Kexts. Also, the build.sh script , and the download, does not include IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext at all. I had to retrieve them from: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases.

I could not get debug working completely, on a previous install attempt (using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), but it did display errors for the above kext directories. With debug disabled, the booting system end sup stuck at the Apple logo.

FYI, I am attempting to install BigSur on a near identical laptop to what is described in the documentation, less the additional GPU Card. Which is deactivated in the configuration.

As the author was working on Bluetooth, should it be included or not in the EFIOC/Kexts directory structure and config.plist? Also, is that the same for VerbStub.kext?

My other question, is it better to build the USB on MacOS or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Please review the documentation, and distribution, to make sure it is up to date.

Finally, please document how to turn on and off full debug, fro your configuration. It will be much more helpful than an apple logo.

I will like to say this is very good documentation.

But, I have to mention, that the build.sh command does not move the VerbStub.kext directory into Out/EFI/OC/Kexts. Also, the build.sh script , and the download, does not include IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext at all. I had to retrieve them from: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases.

I could not get debug working completely, on a previous install attempt (using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), but it did display errors for the above kext directories. With debug disabled, the booting system end sup stuck at the Apple logo.

FYI, I am attempting to install BigSur on a near identical laptop to what is described in the documentation, less the additional GPU Card. Which is deactivated in the configuration.

As the author was working on Bluetooth, should it be included or not in the EFIOC/Kexts directory structure and config.plist? Also, is that the same for VerbStub.kext?

My other question, is it better to build the USB on MacOS or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Please review the documentation, and distribution, to make sure it is up to date.

Finally, please document how to turn on and off full debug, fro your configuration. It will be much more helpful than an apple logo.
Yes you're right. I don't why the script wasn't copying the kexts you mentioned. Since opencore cannot find them system will not boot. Now I have fixed it and updated to latest OpenCore version. There should be no more errors allowing you to boot your installation. I will test it on my build but if you can test it again please and report if not working I would appreciate it. Thanks :thumbup:.

Also you should be able to build the EFI folder using the script on linux since it's written in bash.

If you encounter any issue don't bother asking again ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back