Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont need Realtek & Atheros Ethernet kexts. Your Ethernet will work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext.
Additionally you need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and AppleALC.kext and Audio ID = 11 via clover to get audio working.
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>11</string>
        </dict>

Have done what you said, but still get stuck at the same place with the AppleIntelE1000 error. Tried turning off my ethernet lan controller, and the error did not appear.. so how am i supposed to get ethernet working? Have tried with multiple versions of IntelMausiEthernet.kext, but same result.

Oki, I managed to install High Sierra, but having trouble booting from the installed HDD. Its an 120GB Samsung EVO SSD.

I downloaded clover configurator again and mounted the HDD EFI partition, then I copied the content over (replaced everything) and made sure that all kext was there.

I also downloaded the new apfs.efi and placed it in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI if you using APFS (And yes I'm using APFS)

Getting a kernel panic, but can't see what it's about as the text scrolls to fast and when it stops it's not useful.

Any suggestions?

mounted the HDD EFI partition, then I copied the content over (replaced everything) and made sure that all kext was there.

What exactly did you replace with?
You could post your config.plist and show the content of your kext folder.
In EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI there should be EmuVaiablesUefi-64 & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 & APFS.efi + the clover default files.
You should also have your CPU ssdt in ACPI/patched folder which you generated with PikerAlpha's script.

Guys I just installed High Sierra 10.13.3 from scratch on my H270N-WIFI and I have something to say for you.

I got everything working perfectly (except Wi-Fi and Bluetooth). I went for the official guide instead, using Unibeast to create my High Sierra install and Multibeast to get my drivers working.

Right after your fresh install finishes, check:

Drivers:
Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Misc > FakeSMC
Network > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
USB > Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

Bootloader:

Depends. UEFI + Emulated NVRAM if nVidia GPU.

Customize:

Graphics > Depends. I have nVidia so I didn't tick anything in Graphics Configurations because the installation proccess is a bit different.
System Definitions > I checked iMac 18,3 because I have an i7-7700.

Like so:
upload_2018-2-2_18-44-12.png

After that, reboot, and set audio:
Drivers:
Audio > Realtek ALC1220 + 100/200/300 Series Audio Support. Reboot.
Go to Audio again, check 200/300/X299 Audio Device ID Patch.
Reboot and you have audio.

The last part is to figure out how to enable graphics, if nVidia go with the .104 driver, the latest .156 isn't working properly. I don't know about the HD630 but I would give a shot for Multibeast.

I tried installing high sierra many times but the installer always stuck on macOS could not be installed on your computer. This partition map modification would make a Windows partition unbootable. I have genuine windows 10 installed so i didn't want to format my window partitions, ( C drive and D drive). Please Help me in getting high sierra installed.

No Logs or error messages, no help.
If you want to install Win/Mac on one drive, then search for a guide. There are lots of it.
If you want to install Win/Mac on two drive, then just unplug the windows drive and install.

Guys I just installed High Sierra 10.13.3 from scratch on my H270N-WIFI and I have something to say for you.

I got everything working perfectly (except Wi-Fi and Bluetooth). I went for the official guide instead, using Unibeast to create my High Sierra install and Multibeast to get my drivers working.

Right after your fresh install finishes, check:

Drivers:
Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Misc > FakeSMC
Network > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
USB > Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

Bootloader:

Depends. UEFI + Emulated NVRAM if nVidia GPU.

Customize:

Graphics > Depends. I have nVidia so I didn't tick anything in Graphics Configurations because the installation proccess is a bit different.
System Definitions > I checked iMac 18,3 because I have an i7-7700.

Like so:
View attachment 310480

After that, reboot, and set audio:
Drivers:
Audio > Realtek ALC1220 + 100/200/300 Series Audio Support. Reboot.
Go to Audio again, check 200/300/X299 Audio Device ID Patch.
Reboot and you have audio.

The last part is to figure out how to enable graphics, if nVidia go with the .104 driver, the latest .156 isn't working properly. I don't know about the HD630 but I would give a shot for Multibeast.

Just tried to follow these steps, same mobo, unibeast bootable USB with High Sierra, onboard graphics. i3-7100, but when I select to install via "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" I get the following panic

IMG_0810.JPG

when I select to install via "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" I get the following panic
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

This got me through to the install. But now once I ran multibeast and rebooted, when I select Run macOS from High Sierra - the startup fails, and it reboots infinitely trying to get back into macOS. Any thoughts? Verbose mode photo attached.

UPDATE: I can boot into macOS using safe mode, but would prefer to just use the regular boot

IMG_0815.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back