Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Easy. Just Go to System Preference => Sound => Output => Select Internal Speaker Or Headphones (If you connect any device in front audio port.) Boom You get your audio.

Note: At First login My Sound Output was at "Digital Out" as Default. So You get Audio Disabled Icon when you press volume button.
Internal Speaker etc. wasn't available in my audio outputs. I got it fixed tho by running the command "audio_cloverALC-130.command.zip" from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC . Thanks for replying tho.

Another great tutorial.. Thanks jktaurus8. Worked fantastic to clean install HS on my build. Everything working perfectly including HDMI audio.

I just noticed that youtube video's are not playing. youtube opens, but the video freezes on the 0.00 & never starts playing. tried Shiki.kext with -shikigva=1 and 4 method but no luck.

My EFI/Kexts/Other folder looks like below screenshot. All kexts are latest versions.
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 9.46.42 PM.png

My build is..
Gigabyte H270M-DS3H
Intel i5 7500
Intel HD Graphics 630

What's wrong here? Thanks in advance.

I agree that this is another great tutorial. Thanks jktaurus8. I now have a 100% working and very stable High Sierra Hackintosh with an APFS disk.

I added the Broadcom wifi card which gives me Wifi/Bluetooth.

The only thing on my wish list, and it is only aesthetic, is that it would be nice to be able to suppress the initial text that scrolls through on boot for the APFS disk. But this is just because it freaks me out a bit to see the Unix/linux like boot up text scrolling down my screen.

I agree that this is another great tutorial. Thanks jktaurus8. I now have a 100% working and very stable High Sierra Hackintosh with an APFS disk.

I added the Broadcom wifi card which gives me Wifi/Bluetooth.

The only thing on my wish list, and it is only aesthetic, is that it would be nice to be able to suppress the initial text that scrolls through on boot for the APFS disk. But this is just because it freaks me out a bit to see the Unix/linux like boot up text scrolling down my screen.

I'm agree with you. Tried searching around but seems to be a too new thing, maybe will be corrected with further versions of Clover.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You need to replace the USB patch with the following. This snipped is correctly inside the HDD EFI folder, but not in the USB EFI folder.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>

Just trying to put together my first build, using Gigabyte H270N Wifi board.
I followed recommendations of OP and I got to the stage of installing High Sierra but then the process stopped at the reboot from the Hard Drive with "ACPI Error: 6 table load failures 3 successful (20160930/tbxload-342)
I tried to boot from USB but only got Apple logo.
I have read this thread and understand I should replace the USB patch in config.plist.
As a newbie I don't want to blunder around causing more unnecessary problems. I have looked at the files on the HDD EFI folder and have found a 3 config.plist files. However from this post I assumed that the above "Change 15 port...." code would be present in one of the config.plist files. Using Clover in Text Mode I was unable to find the string.
Could someone let me know which config.plist I should be looking at and which one I should amend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:banghead:

stopped at the reboot from the Hard Drive with "ACPI Error: 6 table load failures 3 successful (20160930/tbxload-342)
The error occurs before clover is loading or after?

I tried to boot from USB but only got Apple logo.
Boot with -v and see whats the problem.

I have read this thread and understand I should replace the USB patch in config.plist.
As a newbie I don't want to blunder around causing more unnecessary problems. I have looked at the files on the HDD EFI folder and have found a 3 config.plist files. However from this post I assumed that the above "Change 15 port...." code would be present in one of the config.plist files. Using Clover in Text Mode I was unable to find the string.
Could someone let me know which config.plist I should be looking at and which one I should amend?
You can have a look at my USB stick config.plist. This is just the basic config.plist to install the system. You need to make some adaptions later for your final config plist on your system efi partition. Additional you need FakeSMC, USBInjectAll & XHCI-200-series-injector in kext folder of your stick to boot correctly.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 319
The error occurs before clover is loading or after?

Boot with -v and see whats the problem.

You can have a look at my USB stick config.plist. This is just the basic config.plist to install the system. You need to make some adaptions later for your final config plist on your system efi partition. Additional you need FakeSMC, USBInjectAll & XHCI-200-series-injector in kext folder of your stick to boot correctly.

Thanks for the speedy response!

The ACPI Error message occurs after I try and boot with the Hard Disk from Clover. I followed the guidance advice on this post and installed High Sierra on the Hard Disk, selected English as the language and the fault occurs after it tried to reboot.

When I try and boot from the USB I tried to boot with verbose -v, but it immediately shows a black screen with white Apple logo. There is no text present at all.

I have all the recomended additional files including FakeSMC, USBInjectAll and XHCI-200 on the USB. The only variance from the original post instructions was my file structure varied from the screen shot at point 4 on Page 1. I only have 3 files EFI, nvram.plist and USB EFI Folder visible. The Boot is contained in a folder called boot which is a sub directory of EFI. Not sure if that makes any difference

Thanks for the config.plist. I have compared it with the one I was using on the USB and spotted the errors from Line 173 onwards. I have amended them now -
However the new build still refuses to boot from the installation USB. I am going to wipe the USB and start again from scratch - at least I know where I went wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back