i5-7600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
macOS High Sierra Installation Guide for H270N-WIFI and It also support for other boards too.

This is not an easy guide you need some patience to install it because it is still in the development stage many people reported that they can install High Sierra on their systems because of the new APFS file system make it difficult to install.

high-sierra-cover.jpg

Now I found some trick to install on your Hackintosh, Let’s roll the dice.

What Works in this Hackintosh Build
All functions are working as expected on the new Mac OS High Sierra. These are the main things that a Hackintosher may reach for.
  • USB 3.0
  • SATA
  • Audio
  • WiFi And Bluetooth
  • WiFi & BT working on Clover UEFI Installation
  • Handoff, AirDrop, Universal Clipboard, Wake On Wireless, Auto Unlock, Unlock With Apple Watch
  • Personal Hotspot with iPhone
  • iMessage
  • Built-in Ethernet
  • TRIM support
  • Intel HD630 integrated graphics
  • Display Power Cycling
Untested
I can’t test these functions. One thing I can clarify that Sleep and Wake functions will not work with the integrated Graphics card. If you need sleep-wake function then you need to buy a discrete graphics card.
  • Sleep Wake
  • USB- C
BIOS Configurations
This is the most important step so don’t ignore it. Read it carefully and make changes on your build.

Step 1= Load Optimised Default

• IN BIOS Tab
  1. Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
  2. Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
  • Peripherals Tab
  1. Initial Display Output = Ignore it
  2. XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
  • Chipset Tab
  1. VT-D = Disabled
  2. Internal Graphics = Enabled
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M or Above
  • Save and Exit
Files To Download
You need to download some files to get things work. These files are necessary for the entire session of the Mac OS installation.
Installation

Installation Prerequisites

• A 200 Series Motherboard with Intel KabyLake Processor
  • Working Mac or Hackintosh without this you can’t move forward.
  • USB stick, 8GB or larger
Get Mac OS High Sierra
  1. Open Mac App Store
  2. Log in with your Apple ID
  3. Download macOS High Sierra (10.13)
  4. After the download finishes the setup screen will appear you should Quit the app from the Dock. You can see the application in/Applications/Install MacOS High Sierra.app

Create USB Installer

This step is very tricky If you made any mistake in this step it may cause you more trouble so carefully follow the instructions.
  1. Erase USB Stick and Rename it as USB. Open Disk Utilities –> Select USB and Erase using Mac OSX Extended Journaled –> GUID Partition Map–>Erase
  2. Open the Terminal and enter the terminal command and hit enter.
    Code:
    sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
  3. After the completion, you have to mount the EFI partition of the USB Drive for that use clover configurator and Mount EFI partition of the USB Drive.
  4. Copy USB EFI Folder files into USB Drive’s EFI Partition. It will look Like This.
    efi-folder.png
  5. If you have NVIDIA Graphics card then add nv_disable=1 as a boot flag on the config.plist file.
  6. Now your USB Stick is fully bootable.

Install MacOS Sierra

1. Turn on the computer
  2. Press the hotkey F12 or F10 to choose the boot device
  3. Select USB
  4. At Clover boot screen, select Boot macOS from Install MacOS High Sierra (The installer will restart several times so whenever it reboots repeat Step 2 to Step 4)
  5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose the language.
  6. In the top menu bar select Utilities and open Disk Utility
  7. Highlight your target drive for the High Sierra installation in the left column.
  8. Click Erase button
  9. Name: type Sierra (You can rename it later)
  10. Format: choose APFS File System
  11. Click Erase
  12. Close Disk Utility
  13. Highlight your target drive for the Sierra installation then click continue.
  14. After the first restart Press the hotkey F12 to choose boot device
  15. Select Boot macOS From HDD (HDD name will depend on in which name you choose when the HDD was erasing)
  16. At Clover boot screen, Choose the HDD that you installed the new High Sierra.
  17. Complete Your installation it will take some time to complete.
Post Installation

After the installation complete you have to install Clover bootloader and other kexts to boot from your High Sierra HDD.

1. First, you have to mount the HDD’s EFI partition where you installed the High Sierra.
  2. Copy HDD EFI Folder files into HDD’s EFI Folder (Download Link is given in the Download Section of this guide.)
  3. After copying all the content make sure you have 7 Kexts and also verify that EH01 and EH02 are present in the config.plist if it is not present then apply those patches using Clover configurator. Here how it will look Like. Make sure these patches are installed.
    acpi-PNG.png

kext-patches-png.png
  4. Audio, Ethernet, Graphics will Load automatically so You don’t have to worry about anything all patches are included with the ready-made EFI folder.
  5. NVIDIA users need to add NVIDIA Web patch the same method that you used in Sierra. NVIDIA Web drivers for High Sierra is now available to download.
  6. Now you can safely eject your USB Stick and Reboot your computer and boot High Sierra from the HDD.
Direct Upgrade to Mac OS High Sierra

If you don’t need to fresh install the OS then you can try this method. Before you start I recommended you to make a backup using Carbon copy. Follow the below instructions to update your current operating system to macOS High Sierra.
  1. Download Mac OS High Sierra from the App Store
  2. Update your Clover Boot-loader to latest version
  3. Copy the entire files from My EFI Folder then replace it with your HDD’s EFI partition. If you have additional patches then hold that for a while you can add it later.
  4. After replacing the contents from EFI partition restart your computer.
  5. Then Open Install Mac OS High Sierra from the Application folder and follow the instruction.
  6. While upgrading your system will restart several times so keep calm. It will take you to the Desktop after sometimes.
  7. After the installation, it will show you the final configuration complete it then you are good to go.
Thanks To
TonymacX86
Rehban

Last edited:
Following the steps above, how am I supposed to create an EFI partition in the USB flash drive? That step isn't clear here.

I'm sure everyone here is trustworthy but you might want to blank out your machine serial and SMBIOS info in your config plist/EFI folder download as I believe anyone who sees this can now clone your machine. I could be wrong but...

Following the steps above, how am I supposed to create an EFI partition in the USB flash drive? That step isn't clear here.
EFI partition will create automatically. Mount that EFI partition after making the USB bootable.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone here is trustworthy but you might want to blank out your machine serial and SMBIOS info in your config plist/EFI folder download as I believe anyone who sees this can now clone your machine. I could be wrong but...
Thanks for the information Buddy. I have modified the config file.

It's heart breaking to see sleep/wake still not working in HS.

Btw I think you mis-spelled Rehabman

I created the EFI partition using the exact procedure here but my system won't boot.

macOS High Sierra Installation Guide for H270N-WIFI and It also support for other boards too.

This is not an easy guide you need some patience to install it because it is still in the development stage many people reported that they can install High Sierra on their systems because of the new APFS file system make it difficult to install.

high-sierra-cover.jpg

Now I found some trick to install on your Hackintosh, Let’s roll the dice.

What Works in this Hackintosh Build
All functions are working as expected on the new Mac OS High Sierra. These are the main things that a Hackintosher may reach for.
  • USB 3.0
  • SATA
  • Audio
  • WiFi And Bluetooth
  • WiFi & BT working on Clover UEFI Installation
  • Handoff, AirDrop, Universal Clipboard, Wake On Wireless, Auto Unlock, Unlock With Apple Watch
  • Personal Hotspot with iPhone
  • iMessage
  • Built-in Ethernet
  • TRIM support
  • Intel HD630 integrated graphics
  • Display Power Cycling
Untested
I can’t test these functions. One thing I can clarify that Sleep and Wake functions will not work with the integrated Graphics card. If you need sleep-wake function then you need to buy a discrete graphics card.
  • Sleep Wake
  • USB- C
BIOS Configurations
This is the most important step so don’t ignore it. Read it carefully and make changes on your build.

Step 1= Load Optimised Default

• IN BIOS Tab
  1. Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
  2. Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
  • Peripherals Tab
  1. Initial Display Output = Ignore it
  2. XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
  • Chipset Tab
  1. VT-D = Disabled
  2. Internal Graphics = Enabled
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M or Above
  • Save and Exit
Files To Download
You need to download some files to get things work. These files are necessary for the entire session of the Mac OS installation.
Installation

Installation Prerequisites

• A 200 Series Motherboard with Intel KabyLake Processor
  • Working Mac or Hackintosh without this you can’t move forward.
  • USB stick, 8GB or larger
Get Mac OS High Sierra
  1. Open Mac App Store
  2. Log in with your Apple ID
  3. Download macOS High Sierra (10.13)
  4. After the download finishes the setup screen will appear you should Quit the app from the Dock. You can see the application in/Applications/Install MacOS High Sierra.app

Clean Install – Mac OS High Sierra Hackintosh

This is the method to install Mac OS high Sierra on your computer using a USB stick. follow this guide properly to get high Sierra installed successfully on your hack.

Create USB Installer

This step is very tricky If you made any mistake in this step it may cause you more trouble so carefully follow the instructions.
  1. Erase USB Stick and Rename it as USB. Open Disk Utilities –> Select USB and Erase using Mac OSX Extended Journaled –> GUID Partition Map–>Erase
  2. Open the Terminal and enter the terminal command and hit enter.
    Code:
    sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
  3. After the completion, you have to mount the EFI partition of the USB Drive for that use clover configurator and Mount EFI partition of the USB Drive.
  4. Copy USB EFI Folder files into USB Drive’s EFI Partition. It will look Like This.
    efi-folder.png
  5. If you have NVIDIA Graphics card then add nv_disable=1 as a boot flag on the config.plist file.
  6. Now your USB Stick is fully bootable.

Install MacOS Sierra

1. Turn on the computer
  2. Press the hotkey F12 or F10 to choose the boot device
  3. Select USB
  4. At Clover boot screen, select Boot macOS from Install MacOS High Sierra (The installer will restart several times so whenever it reboots repeat Step 2 to Step 4)
  5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose the language.
  6. In the top menu bar select Utilities and open Disk Utility
  7. Highlight your target drive for the High Sierra installation in the left column.
  8. Click Erase button
  9. Name: type Sierra (You can rename it later)
  10. Format: choose APFS File System
  11. Click Erase
  12. Close Disk Utility
  13. Highlight your target drive for the Sierra installation then click continue.
  14. After the first restart Press the hotkey F12 to choose boot device
  15. Select Boot macOS From HDD (HDD name will depend on in which name you choose when the HDD was erasing)
  16. At Clover boot screen, Choose the HDD that you installed the new High Sierra.
  17. Complete Your installation it will take some time to complete.
Post Installation

After the installation complete you have to install Clover bootloader and other kexts to boot from your High Sierra HDD.

1. First, you have to mount the HDD’s EFI partition where you installed the High Sierra.
  2. Copy HDD EFI Folder files into HDD’s EFI Folder (Download Link is given in the Download Section of this guide.)
  3. After copying all the content make sure you have 7 Kexts and also verify that EH01 and EH02 are present in the config.plist if it is not present then apply those patches using Clover configurator. Here how it will look Like. Make sure these patches are installed.
    acpi-PNG.png

kext-patches-png.png
  4. Audio, Ethernet, Graphics will Load automatically so You don’t have to worry about anything all patches are included with the ready-made EFI folder.
  5. NVIDIA users need to add NVIDIA Web patch the same method that you used in Sierra. NVIDIA Web drivers for High Sierra is now available to download.
  6. Now you can safely eject your USB Stick and Reboot your computer and boot High Sierra from the HDD.
Direct Upgrade to Mac OS High Sierra

If you don’t need to fresh install the OS then you can try this method. Before you start I recommended you to make a backup using Carbon copy. Follow the below instructions to update your current operating system to Mac OS High Sierra.
  1. Download Mac OS High Sierra from the App Store
  2. Update your Clover Boot-loader to latest version
  3. Copy the entire files from My EFI Folder then replace it with your HDD’s EFI partition. If you have additional patches then hold that for a while you can add it later.
  4. After replacing the contents from EFI partition restart your computer.
  5. Then Open Install Mac OS High Sierra from the Application folder and follow the instruction.
  6. While upgrading your system will restart several times so keep calm. It will take you to the Desktop after sometimes.
  7. After the installation, it will show you the final configuration complete it then you are good to go.
Thanks To
TonymacX86
Rehban

Managed to get all the way to Disk Utility, but cant convert my OCZ M.2 to apfs.I've tried to extended journaled, but failed as well. I cant get OCZ recognised on my macbook, because the enclosure I'm using is not working. I've managed to format it in windows, but only to exfat. Any Ideas how to format it to extended journaled on windows?
Edited:
OK, had to clone windows to OCZ m.2 and took out from my PC WD Blue SSD. Have enclosure for it and formated to APFS. Looks ok so far.
Upate 2:
all up and running! Great success. Greatly appreciated! Haven't figured how to avoid stucking at clover after reboot. Thats the question for another day. Too tired 2am

Yay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back