Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the problem that I cannot boot from the SSD after post installation without USB. Tried the MultiBeast option and then your EFI folder, but I always get a kernel panic. I don't know if the attached picture helps...

Installed on Samsung 960 EVO Nvme SSD with APFS.

Attachments

• 20180104_002719.jpg
    20180104_002719.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 203
I've got the problem that I cannot boot from the SSD after post installation without USB. Tried the MultiBeast option and then your EFI folder, but I always get a kernel panic. I don't know if the attached picture helps...

Installed on Samsung 960 EVO Nvme SSD with APFS.

Never use full configurations from the internet. For your post installation you need the following to boot:
1. Install Clover from Sourceforge with the following settings:
Clover UEFI
Clover in ESP
Theme
Drivers64UEFI -> EmuVaiablesUefi-64 (should be not necessary, because your SSD support NVME) & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
Install RC on local disk​

2. Install the following kexts to SLE, LE or EFI:
AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext if you using Nvidia card or the coresponding IntelgraphicsFixup.kext​

3. Move apfs.efi from Tonys 10.13.2 post to EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI if you using APFS

4. For you config.plist you need the following patches:
EHC1 to EH01
EHC2 to EH02
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
EC0 to EC
Change 15 port limit to 24
Audio Inject 11
Shutdown und WAK fix
+ some minor changes to you needs, but you can search this thread. there are some config.plists inside.​

5. Create you own SSDT.aml with PikerAlphas ssdt script for your CPU and place it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Reboot
if you dont like verbose output of aps.efi you can use this command to supress it:
sudo perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg' /path/to/your/APFS.efi​

Hi! First of all, thanks for this detailed tutorial!

I followed all the steps to prepare my usb, changed the usb patch as i saw in the comments, but i seem to stay stuck with the apple logo with loading line which is not moving at all...

I don't really get what i did wrong. Anyone would have some help for me?

Same problem I have. I see the apple logo but it freeze just before its finish loading.

Boot with -v and check whats your problem.

I keep getting a kernal panic error that I can't get rid of.. have tried following this tutorial
but also tried to use unibeast to create an USB drive.

Have uploaded what I see.

Attachments

• 20180128_120030.jpg
    20180128_120030.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 177
  • 20180128_120038.jpg
    20180128_120038.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 177
But have not installed it at all? So how can that be?

My kext is in the other folder and look like this.

You dont need Realtek & Atheros Ethernet kexts. Your Ethernet will work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext.
Additionally you need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and AppleALC.kext and Audio ID = 11 via clover to get audio working.
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>11</string>
        </dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back