Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI partition on USB stick only needs the "EFI"-folder and the "nvram.plist". You do not need the boot file and EFI-Backups from the first post screenshot. You can either create the USB stick with Unibeast or try Rehabman/Tonys tutorial (createmediainstall) to create the USB stick manual and install clover afterwards. Its up to you and how you like it.
Make sure you have the following directory layout:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-27 um 19.49.01.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-27 um 19.48.56.png

Also make sure, that you need to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi when installing clover to your SSD EFI partition.

I managed to boot the system from the USB this time and tried a fresh install on the hard disk. Again I got to the language screen, and installed High Sierra on the Hard Disk. When it rebooted for the first time on the Hard Disk - the Apple logo immediately appeared and the screen has frozen.
I tried to boot from the USB and it went straight into the install process again.

The only deviation I can see that I have made is that the files on my USB do not exactly match the one listed in the screen shot on Page 1 of this post is that I do not have the file called (bad resolution of picture - but I think it says) nvram.plist. I could not find this in the USB EFI folder - bit I did find one in the HDD EFI folder. Is this significant???

You most likely installing 10.13.1? I only done a clean install once and noticed, that the initial installation process needs only 3 minutes. After that the system reboots. When you choose SSD High Sierra the system needs at least 15 minutes to extract and install itself. In earlier versions the installation process was about 15 minutes from stick and after reboot the system setup appears. Maybe this is unibeast related???, because i havn't used unibeast a long time and gave it a try on the last fresh install for the H97M-ITX.

Maybe you not wait long enough when the apple logo appears? Do you always boot with -v? I think the nvram.plist is not needed at that state. You need it later when using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts for your SSD to save things like brightness, audio level, pc name etc etc ...

Last edited:
hi, this guide seems great and perfect since I have the same motherboard but I don't understand the section after installing High Sierra.
How do I install clover bootloader on the High Sierra HDD? do I mount the disk on my other mac or is there a simpler way? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but I am very new to this
thanks!

Hi i was ordering component and i have h270n-wifi mobo, the bt & wifi card is fully supported on High Sierra or i need to replace it with
apple card BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 and its m.2 adapter as in Sierra?:)

Can we install high Sierra 10.13.1 in zotac GT 710 graphic card 2 gb?

Hi, I am building my first hackintosh & have this question that whether Wifi+BT (for continuity, handoff & Airplay) works out of the box for the same motherboard as yours H270N-WIFI? or do I need to install additional Apple card & adapter?

Hi, I am building my first hackintosh & have this question that whether Wifi+BT (for continuity, handoff & Airplay) works out of the box for the same motherboard as yours H270N-WIFI? or do I need to install additional Apple card & adapter?
I now have my build up and running. I had problems with the method described on page 1as mentioned in my previous post.
I subsequently used the generic method using UniBeast and Multibeast.
Currently I have connected to the internet via Ethernet, and I haven’t got wireless or Bluetooth connectivity.
I took out the stock Wi-fi card and fitted the
Broadcom BCM94352Z Wi-fi card -as recommended in other posts.
That isn’t working
I have fitted a small usb Bluetooth dongle and that works fine.
I initially had problems with the Audio, but sorted that using the Audio guide as recommended in the generic guide, using methods 1 and then 3.
I tried to follow the iMessage guide, but during one of the reboots managed to brick my computer and had to start again from scratch.
Current state of play -I have a functioning iMac without Wi-fi, and iMessage.

More work to be done

I now have my build up and running. I had problems with the method described on page 1as mentioned in my previous post.
I subsequently used the generic method using UniBeast and Multibeast.
Currently I have connected to the internet via Ethernet, and I haven’t got wireless or Bluetooth connectivity.
I took out the stock Wi-fi card and fitted the
Broadcom BCM94352Z Wi-fi card -as recommended in other posts.
That isn’t working
I have fitted a small usb Bluetooth dongle and that works fine.
I initially had problems with the Audio, but sorted that using the Audio guide as recommended in the generic guide, using methods 1 and then 3.
I tried to follow the iMessage guide, but during one of the reboots managed to brick my computer and had to start again from scratch.
Current state of play -I have a functioning iMac without Wi-fi, and iMessage.

More work to be done

Thanks for your reply! It cleared quite many queries that I had!

First of all...
This is for my kids computer - not the one in my profile -

specs
H270N-Wifi
1TB SATA HD
16GB RAM
nVidia GPU that worked with web drivers in Sierra (the name / type escapes me)

Thanks and guides followed
This one, obviously, so thanks jktaurus8
Thanks to kartoffelsalat_reloaded for his posts in this thread
Thanks to TN1ck for slogging it out getting nVidia to work (though mine still isn’t)

Here are the steps I followed to get up and working to where I am.

Notes:
  • The gigabit port that works out of the box is the most right port as you are looking at the motherboard panel
  • The install and post install steps are all done with the on-board graphics
  1. Build the USB by following the instructions in post 1
  2. Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition of the USB and copy everything from the USB_EFI download to the EFI partition
    1. Fix the config.plist following kartoffelsalat_reloaded's post
    2. Also note the only thing you need in the USB EFI is the following, thanks again to kartoffelsalat_reloaded
  3. At Clover boot screen, select Boot macOS from Install MacOS High Sierra
  4. At install menu, choose Disk Utility
  5. Choose the disk you want HS on
    1. the drive must already be GUID partitioned, not MBR. Install won't work, and Disk Utility can't do anything with it.
    2. use the Terminal and run
      Code:
      diskutil list
      then
      Code:
      diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Test /dev/{disk identifier}
  6. Note: I just chose Mac OS Extended Journaled because I never got APFS to work
    1. EFI was always on Disk0, APFS was virtual Disk1, BIOS never saw the EFI partition
  7. Close Disk Utility
  8. Choose the Install High Sierra option
  9. Choose the disk you just partitioned
    1. This moves the OS install program to your new disk – only a couple of minutes
  10. Your system will countdown and reboot
  11. boot from your USB again
  12. IMPORTANT: at clover choose Boot Mac OS on {partitioned disk you named}
  13. When it gets to the HS installer screen my system restarted pretty much immediately
    1. this seems normal
  14. follow steps 11, 12
  15. when the install finishes reboot
    1. this takes 15-20 minutes depending on your hardware
  16. Boot from USB to Clover 1 more time - choose your new system
    1. You'll now see your new install along with a recovery partition
POST INSTALL
  1. Install Clover Configurator and Mount the EFI folder
  2. Copy everything from the HDD EFI folder you downloaded from POST 1
    1. If you boot fine from this point but have now mouse/keyboard menu add dart=0 to boot options in config.plist
You should be mostly set now, network works.
I don't have internal audio enabled (personal preference, i have USB audio devices) so i disabled it in BIOS

nVidia INSTALL
This is where I am stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Following the steps from TN1ck's post and other interweb searches... i think the steps to follow are the following:
<nVidia card still out of system>
1. prep system by enabling SIP and Inject nVidiaWeb in config.plist (I used Clover Configurator for this)
2. Make sure NVRAM is enabled/installed (already done from the HDD EFI setup from jktaurus8)
3. Reboot
4. Install nVidia web drivers
5. Reboot
6. Deactivate SIP
7. Shutdown
8. Put in nVidia card
<nVidia card in the system now>
1. in BIOS, make sure PCI-e is primary video device
2. boot up - Hooray!

I'm stuck at 3.
When I reboot after enabling SIP and Inject NvidiaWeb the desktop appears but I have no mouse or keyboard movement.
so a few questions:
do i need to disable "inject-Intel" anywhere? (if so, at what point)
do i need to add nv_disable=1 (if so, at what point)
do i need to add NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (if so, at what point)
do i create a system ID?
am i missing something else?

i'll post my config.plist in a minute or so

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back