Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.15.6 was the most flawless update ever - on my side (with OC 0.5.8) ... nice!

I probably try to test the framebuffer secondary monitor thing next days ... maybe something has changed again.

10.15.6 was the most flawless update ever - on my side (with OC 0.5.8) ... nice!

nice. can you give some instructions how to safely update to 10.15.6 ? i have 10.15.3 now and it works perfectly, so im a little bit scary to apply newest update...

nice. can you give some instructions how to safely update to 10.15.6 ? i have 10.15.3 now and it works perfectly, so im a little bit scary to apply newest update...

Are u using OpenCore? Then, just do it ...

I started using OC with 10.15.4: 10.15.5-update was a bit weird due to a lot of restarts, but in the end all was ok (except the secondary monitor thing / framebuffer changes). 10.15.6 was like on a Mac - 3 restarts and everything was fine.

I probably try to test the framebuffer secondary monitor thing next days ... maybe something has changed again.

Yes, it would be very useful if you could share it.
Thank you!

Hello. Please tell me if the image output works through the HDMI port or DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I can't install the system in any way, the screen goes blank and just turns black.

Hey guys,

finally I got my OC up and running and even fixed my black screen problem at startup. Only one thing is left: at startup I have to replug my BT dongle to have a working BT connection. With clover I had this sometimes but now with OC everytime.
my BT Dongle is also Asus BT-400
Any hints? I tried brcmPatchRAM without success.

EDIT: Okay, easy fix. Only had to disable onboard BT in Bios. (There is no onboard connected)

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for this thread. I got a deskmini 310 with 32GB RAM, i7-9700, 1TB nvme and 2 x 2TB FireCuda HDs. I have an intel AX200 WIFI card, but this didn' work, so I left it out and used a ASUS BT-400 BT-Dongle, which works fine for BT. WIFI might get added later.

My deskmini is on the latest FW 4.40. I have another MacBook Pro from 2012, so I did the 1TB nvme in a external case, installed Catalina there and replaced the EFI with those from the first Post on this thread, replaced whatevergreen, lilu, AppleALC with there latest versions.

I put also a 512GB microSD card inside the reader on the motherboard, but it didn't get recognised?

Then I build in the catalina-nvme in my deskmini. Worked from the start including iMessages.

Only thing which didn't work is the APPLE App-Store, regardless how often I try to log in with my Apple ID credentials, it didn't work. Maybe someone can help with this. Do I really need an Apple-blessed WIFI-Card for this to work?

Any recommendations for me? Should I go OpenCore even if Clover works fine?

Thanks again for all who contributed to this thread.

I would definitely say OpenCore. It's more difficult to setup but worth it. Now with OC I have a completely working hacki with even BT, sleep and no more display issues

Thanks @maui87 I may try this in the next couple of days. I first had to fix my AppStore Problem.

I just did:

cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm preferences.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist*; sudo shutdown -r now

And all network interfaces were good and AppStore worked... Thanks for the tip!

This did solve the Problem for me, now I can login to the App Store and download my apps. So no need to add a WIFI-Card just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back